Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyborg Anthroforms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Christian Lafay
Or are you just supposed to shove every piece of cyberwear you want into one package and go "Yup, that should be deadly enough...."
Summerstorm
Cyberware? nope.

You can outfit them with cyberlimb-mods, yes. But other than the rigging stuff / integrated systems for the jarhead it is all vehicle.

Also: See the price.
Christian Lafay
I saw the price of the jar and the plug-in in Aresnal, I believe, but I was more curious about the "Vehicles" that it mentioned that were able to interact with meta-humanity because they could blend in, to a degree. Despite the synth voice and odd mannerisms. To me that suggested a Terminator style concept with a jarhead attachment. Am I wrong?
Summerstorm
Well, with full mimicry mod they totally look and feel metahuman. I think with good fuzzy logic, system, some emotion-software and such they can easily fool most people in most circumstances... even without an jarhead rigging it.

With look at the price i just mean: The human-like robots cost WAY more than usual drones somehow. If i remember right the Otomo is 250.000? Thing better be rigged and modded up (for additional nuyen) for that price *g*. No one just sends it to do a metahumans job... you could just sent a metahuman.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Summerstorm @ Jun 26 2011, 03:34 AM) *
Well, with full mimicry mod they totally look and feel metahuman. I think with good fuzzy logic, system, some emotion-software and such they can easily fool most people in most circumstances... even without an jarhead rigging it.

With look at the price i just mean: The human-like robots cost WAY more than usual drones somehow. If i remember right the Otomo is 250.000? Thing better be rigged and modded up (for additional nuyen) for that price *g*. No one just sends it to do a metahumans job... you could just sent a metahuman.

The one my character used runs at about 239,825 nuyen.gif (Base 150,000 plus Additional Vehicle Mods and High-End Communications).
Somewhat pricy, but man, what a machine. Terminator does not do it justice.
Not a lot of good underground (Signal Strength Sucks the further you go underground), but in the open, man could it lay the smackdown.
Pendaric
The metahuman looking ones can be a very scary suprise for a group of runners. Great deckers and street sam's
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Pendaric @ Jun 26 2011, 10:20 AM) *
The metahuman looking ones can be a very scary suprise for a group of runners. Great deckers and street sam's

VERY Scary Indeed... smile.gif
Christian Lafay
Thanks for the info
Christian Lafay
So looking over the cyborgs for sale in Arsenal (teach me to only look in Aug) I have come to the conclusion of GOOD GODS THAT IS A LOT OF MONEY. And now must learn to live without or think of clever ways of obtaining that much money and/or the drone.
Udoshi
The easiest way is to convert another car or bike into a multilimbed walker mode cyborg with the cyborg adapation vehicle mod.

For the jarhead connisseurs, i know that one of the missions modules introduced a new type of borg model. Not sure which it was, tho

edit: Its SRM 3, mish 4: Monkeywrench, though i think there was an aztech model in another one too. It was mentioned on the boards here a while ago.
Yerameyahu
I'm not sure what you're saying there. The *only* way to make any vehicle cyborg-ready is with Cyborg Adaptation (so it's odd to call it the 'easiest'), and that has no effect on the number of limbs the vehicle has. That's the realm of Walker Mode silliness and Mechanical Arms (whatever it's called). smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012