Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drowning / Suffocation
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
One of the PCs in my game ran out of air in is diving suit, but I can't find any information on drowning or suffocation. I hit Arsenal and the 20E 4E book, but can't find them anywhere. Help? I need this for next time the PCs risk drowning.
Yerameyahu
… They die? The rules are on SR4A p137. You didn't try searching for 'drown'? biggrin.gif
Udoshi
aren't underwater, deep sea, and other extreme environment threats(like space and deserts) covered in the back of Arsenal?

away from books at the moment, can't look it up for you, but I think they're in that book.
Yerameyahu
Yes, Udoshi, but nothing about drowning. Cuz it's in the core book, p137.
CanRay
The rules seem a bit off for me. 'Course, I grew up around Hosers, and we all know how well they can hold their breath. wink.gif
Yerameyahu
16 Turns seems pretty generous, plus 2-4 more based on your Swimming + Willpower.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 13 2011, 04:02 AM) *
16 Turns seems pretty generous, plus 2-4 more based on your Swimming + Willpower.

Which is pretty much 1 minute.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Jul 13 2011, 05:19 AM) *
Which is pretty much 1 minute.
And after that you get 1 box of stun damage each round. So you have another 27 s for everyone before something serious happens. Given the fact that you get this time regardless of circumstances I find it a pretty good approximation. Even though I can hold my breath almost 3 min under good circumstances, this time drops rapidly if I start after exertion or simply after exhaling.
Yerameyahu
And most people have much shorter times, under the best circumstances. It's more than generous. smile.gif

Do you think strangulation is faster, or is that just reflected in subdual combat?
Tashiro
Sheesh. I looked everywhere except swimming. Thanks for the heads up. Hmm. 16 combat turns. I guess that will do.
Irion
Strangulation is much faster.
About 3 secs. You directly cut the bloodflow to the brain. So after 3 secs you are black out/unconcious.
(The point is, it is quite hard to get the hold right.)
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 13 2011, 05:03 AM) *
Do you think strangulation is faster, or is that just reflected in subdual combat?

Well, I had the pleasure of bloodchoking someone recently. It felt like an eternity till they passed out, but I'm pretty sure I did not apply the choke properly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012