Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: short burst/long burst/full auto
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
scarius
hey guys and galls,

i was just wondering if someone could explain the rules for short burst/long burst/full auto fire and wide/narrow bursts, as they stand in 4A

me and my current GM are having a lot of different arguments over this, i have said why before (read: rules lawyers being jerks in past)
i think the reason that we are butting heads is that we are both interpreting it differently, so we decided that i would put this up here and go upon the group concensus.

cheers in advance team
LostProxy
What exactly are you arguing over?
Irion
Could you please tell us, where your problem exactly is?
A lot of people do not feel compfortable posting hole rule sections and even more are too lazy to do so...wink.gif
Faraday
Yeah, not sure what you're asking here, so I'll try covering the general stuff:

Short burst: Used in burst fire mode or full auto. Takes a simple action.
You pick whether it's a wide or narrow burst, you shoot 3 bullets. 2 recoil if it's the first shot during your pass, 3 additional recoil on the second.
Wide: Target gets a -2 to dodge roll.
Narrow: Attack damage is increased by 2 DV, does not count when checking to see if the attack deals stun or physical.

Long burst: Can only be used in full auto. Takes a simple action but can only be used once a pass.*
You pick whether it's a wide or narrow burst, you shoot 6 bullets. 5 recoil if it's the first shot during your pass, 6 otherwise.
Wide: Target gets a -5 to dodge roll.
Narrow: Attack damage is increased by 5 DV, does not count when checking to see if the attack deals stun or physical.
Elfenlied
And then there's full burst: Uses FA, requires complex action
You pick whether it's a wide or narrow burst, you shoot 10 bullets. Recoil is 9.
Wide: Target gets a -9 to dodge roll.
Narrow: Attack damage is increased by 9 DV, does not count when checking to see if the attack deals stun or physical. Also, like other narrow bursts, does not help to check vs. hardened armor.

And then there are gatling and high velocity, which fire 15 or 12 bullets, respectively.
Tycho
here is the quick and dirty version:

Weapons with BF can only fire short bursts
Weapons with BF/FA can fire long bursts and Full auto
Weapons with HV mod can fire 2 long bursts in one ID, without you can only fire one short one long

normal shot: 1bullet
short burst: 3 bullets
long burst: 6 bullets
full auto: 10 bullets

short bursts give either +2DV (narrow) or -2 defence dice for the defender (wide)
long bursts give either +5DV (narrow) or -5 defence dice for the defender (wide)
full auto give either +9DV (narrow) or -9 defence dice for the defender (wide)

recoil: add all bullets you fired this ID together and reduce it by 1.
e.g.
short, short: first time recoil is 2, second time 5
long, short: -5, -8
etc.

cya
Tycho
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012