Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Increased Attribute Spell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Collector
I apologize if there is already a post about this, but I was very curious. The description of the spell says that the force must equal or exceed the attribute being affected. So if this spell's effects are subject to augmented maximums, then you can only use this spell if your attribute is 4 or lower, because since the force must equal the attribute, 4+4 is 8, which is below. But 5+5 is 10, too high. Thoughts?
Draco18s
The spell makes no sense as written.
Move on.
The Collector
I was hoping you or anyone had ideas about possible house-rules or other interpretations. I'm going for team buff.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (The Collector @ Jul 19 2011, 08:53 PM) *
I apologize if there is already a post about this, but I was very curious. The description of the spell says that the force must equal or exceed the attribute being affected. So if this spell's effects are subject to augmented maximums, then you can only use this spell if your attribute is 4 or lower, because since the force must equal the attribute, 4+4 is 8, which is below. But 5+5 is 10, too high. Thoughts?

If you have an Attribute of 4, the Force of the Spell must be at least 4. If you have an Attribute of 7, the Force of the Spell must be at least 7. The Maximum Augmented Attribute is still the same (9 for Humans, regardless of hits attained on the Spell). smile.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (The Collector @ Jul 20 2011, 05:53 AM) *

Whut?
The force of the spell must equal the attribute you want to boost, so if you have attribute 4 the force must be atleast 4 and if the attribute is 6 the force must be atleast 6, if your a vanilla human then in both cases the spell can raise the attribute up to the augmented max of 9 if you get enought hits(in the case of attribute 4, the spell must be cast at force 5 as you neet 5 hits to reach the max and the force limits the number of the hits)
ggodo
My question is on a similar subject, but for adepts. Attribute Boost Body, does its boost aid against the drain?
Fikealox
I'd say no, because the drain is resisted 'when the boost runs out' (which suggests, although not unambiguously, that it is after the boost runs out).
ggodo
That's kinda what I thought, but I really wasn't sure.
Fringe
QUOTE (The Collector @ Jul 19 2011, 09:53 PM) *

Augmented max for human is 9 (others metatypes vary). Yes, you have to cast at a force >= current attribute, and you're capped at (force) hits. But you can still benefit from the IA (Willpower) if your Willpower is 7...you're just more limited in what you get out of it for the effort you're spending. (As a human, you could only benefit from 2 hits worth of effect.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012