Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your AI house rules?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
I've been a bit peeved over a few details so I've made some house rules to AI's.

1: AI's use Hot-Sim without the drawbacks.
They get +2D6 to all matrix actions. Yes, this does improve their matrix perception to +5. And no, they cannnot fry their brain with hot-sim so no drawbacks.

2: AI's can use more programs
Ai's can use the following software
-Common
-Hacking
-Sensor Software
-Knowsofts
-Telematic Infrastructure
-Autosofts (With the Quality as per rulebook)
-ARE Programs

3: Basecode
ANY of the above software as befitting the AI's background is acceptable as a Basecode program

In the end a good hacker can still "beat" an AI since they can optimize their brain-to-computer interface and be a lot faster with the possibility of 5 IP's.

The above rules really shines if you want to make an emergent AI that relies on a lot of programs as basically ALL skills can be replaced with bought programs. It's a crutch but useful and can be fun roleplaying.

What do you guys use?
Summerstorm
I once wrote my ideas on that... hm have to look that up. Let's see...

Ah here:

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=27479

Short Version:

AI should have "race" attribute boni/mali
Maximum mental attributes only limited by node (not 6 max, but 6 at start)
Possibilities to gain 5 IP's like the rest, possibly with qualities or "simulated cyberware"
"Simulated" Hot-Sim bonus

I always wanted to have it like this in the Matrix:
Technomancer: Skill, Refinement, boost-power and adaptivity; Frail, draining, Karma-intensive
Hacker: Secure, limited but powerful, "easy" to learn, easy to augment; Money-intensive
AI: Raw pure calculating power (insane high standard ratings), massively damage-resistent; Karma AND money intensive (Forces them to have pretty low skill-values, often autosofts - limits their Meatspace-dangerousness)
LurkerOutThere
I just don't allow them, I miss when AI's were rare and mysterious. I'm not trying to thread drek as much as I'm pining nostalgic. Not everything should be a playable race, because the moment you do that you have to draw back the curtains and balance things.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (LurkerOutThere @ Jul 26 2011, 09:26 AM) *
I just don't allow them, I miss when AI's were rare and mysterious. I'm not trying to thread drek as much as I'm pining nostalgic. Not everything should be a playable race, because the moment you do that you have to draw back the curtains and balance things.

Indeed... AI's are the realm of Plot in our games.
Socinus
On the rare occasion I GM, my AI rules are very simple.

No. Fucking. Way.

Dont get me wrong, I love the AI character concept and if I can find a GM merciful enough to allow me to play one, I'd love to try it. But I personally dont want to deal with the migraine as GM.
Neko Asakami
The only AIs I allow in my game are as contacts for technomancers, plot, or the cute mascot that lives inside a player's link and acts as the group conscience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012