Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in Vehicles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
CanRay
Howard Hughes did not dream big enough, it seems...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 29 2011, 11:27 AM) *
Howard Hughes did not dream big enough, it seems...

Nope...
In our campaign, those are available like any Custom Yacht. The fact that they are customized prior to delivery makes them even more of an elitst prodcut, since no two are exactly alike. My Cyberlogician is thoroughly enjoying his. Of course, he is, for all intents and purposes, retired at this point.
CanRay
Oh come on, no one really retires from the Shadows...

Even if you're not doing it for the money, there's old enemies, old scores, old friends... And can you really live a nice, boring life of leisure after what you've been through before?

They come back. They always come back. vegm.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 29 2011, 11:33 AM) *
Oh come on, no one really retires from the Shadows...

Even if you're not doing it for the money, there's old enemies, old scores, old friends... And can you really live a nice, boring life of leisure after what you've been through before?

They come back. They always come back. vegm.gif

This is true indeed...

The Charactrer is not running the Shadows with a group currently, he is on a mission to eliominate his "Control" from Ares (Currently located in Japan) who killed his Girlfriend (who is now a Semi-Autonomous Knowbot (High Rating Agent/Metasapient AI) in a Heavily Modified Ottomo Drone, Long Story). Unfortunately, it is a Solo Thing that is better left off the Table for a bit. So that is where he is currently occupied. Eventually, he may come back, or he may not. Who knows. smile.gif

Wish I was better at writing. It is a realy interesting Story...
KarmaInferno
What, the lower deck doesn't detach to form an aerospace fighter jet?

smile.gif

-k
CanRay
And I'll form the head!
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 29 2011, 12:35 PM) *
What, the lower deck doesn't detach to form an aerospace fighter jet?

smile.gif

-k

That would just be Silly... smile.gif
I took a modern Super Yacht and added LTA to it. Then added some interesting modifications for Shadowrun purposes... smile.gif
Dahrken
Just one minor quip with your "Zeppelin yacht" concept : I feel you packed far too much stuff in the fluff for plausibility considering the size of the craft and the lifting capacity you can expect.

The 200 000 cubic meter of hydrogen in the 245 meters Hindenbourg lifted about 250 metric tons, and a 110 meter airship would have a much lower lift capacity - the helium in a 60 meter helium Goodyear blimp lifts only 5 or 6 tons including the weight of the blimp !

Assuming similar proportions, half the length means 1/8 of the volume so about 35 tons, wich could be pushed up to maybe 50 to 70 tons with a wider, fatter shape... A single 6x3x1.5 meter pool (not that large...) means 36 tons of water.
Miri
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Jul 29 2011, 02:03 PM) *
Just one minor quip with your "Zeppelin yacht" concept : I feel you packed far too much stuff in the fluff for plausibility considering the size of the craft and the lifting capacity you can expect.

The 200 000 cubic meter of hydrogen in the 245 meters Hindenbourg lifted about 250 metric tons, and a 110 meter airship would have a much lower lift capacity - the helium in a 60 meter helium Goodyear blimp lifts only 5 or 6 tons including the weight of the blimp !

Assuming similar proportions, half the length means 1/8 of the volume so about 35 tons, wich could be pushed up to maybe 50 to 70 tons with a wider, fatter shape... A single 6x3x1.5 meter pool (not that large...) means 36 tons of water.

Dude.. these things are made for and by the super rich.. for all you know there could be an eternally bound air elemental in the helium bag helping keep it aloft. Machines being used by the wealthy like this are almost always serviced on a regualr basis so it they could very well have a mage come in every couple of months to check the status of the bound elemental. Ultralight ultrastrong materials in the body, room temperature superconducting materials to move power to and from cuts down on a lot of the weight of wires. Now the pool... kinda hard to avoid that weight..

This is a game, it is meant to be fun. If that means you have to stretch the laws of reality or physics a tiny bit.. then do it.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Dahrken @ Jul 29 2011, 02:03 PM) *

Don't I know it, but there are no indications of how big such things can (or need to) be. And honestly, Who really cares? As Miri said, it is for fun, not Physics class.

As for the Pool, who says it needs to be as big as you indicate. I don't need a diving pool after all.
Mardrax
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 29 2011, 10:22 PM) *
Don't I know it, but there are no indications of how big such things can (or need to) be. And honestly, Who really cares? As Miri said, it is for fun, not Physics class.

As for the Pool, who says it needs to be as big as you indicate. I don't need a diving pool after all.

All you need is a pool that reaches hip-height for the stripper ninjas. Anything more is a waste of a good view.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Jul 29 2011, 04:47 PM) *
All you need is a pool that reaches hip-height for the stripper ninjas. Anything more is a waste of a good view.

Hip height? No. Mid-thigh. You need a couple inches clearance for the fog from the dry ice.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Jul 29 2011, 02:50 PM) *
Hip height? No. Mid-thigh. You need a couple inches clearance for the fog from the dry ice.

Indeed... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012