Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in Vehicles
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Shortstraw
Let's say I buy a skyswimmer from unfriendly skies (p27) it has amenities (mid) and I decide to live in my zeppelin. How much of a discount on lifestyle costs would I get?
Aerospider
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jul 26 2011, 11:58 AM) *
Let's say I buy a skyswimmer from unfriendly skies (p27) it has amenities (mid) and I decide to live in my zeppelin. How much of a discount on lifestyle costs would I get?

The easiest way to do this would be to use the advanced lifestyle rules in RC (if you aren't already) and work out what levels you should be paying for.

Comfort – Probably not high since your furniture will be limited by space.
Entertainment – Your choice.
Necessities – Very low, probably no more than Squatter.
Neighbourhood – Tricky one and depends on whether you intend to live in the air or in a private air field. If up in the air then I would put this at Street level (so to speak!) since there's nothing to do, nowhere to go, etc.
Security – Your choice, depending upon what locks, Matrix security and contracted security services you are interested in.
HunterHerne
I mostly agree with Aerospider, excpet for a couple things. For Neighbourhood, I doubt you`d have many places to land, safely, in order to actually leave your zeppelin, so I would take that into account, a well. As for necessities, I`d think that would include refueling the blimp once in a while, as well as food costs, and maintenance (parts, the occassional inspector or something), so squatter might be a little low.
suoq
QUOTE (Shortstraw @ Jul 26 2011, 05:58 AM) *

Technically, none.

You can use the optional lifestyle rules (pg 150, Runner's companion) to build a lifestyle you think works for what you want, but living in the Zep doesn't save you any nuyen off an X lifestyle.
The Jopp
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Jul 26 2011, 01:02 PM) *
I`d think that would include refueling the blimp once in a while, as well as food costs, and maintenance (parts, the occassional inspector or something), so squatter might be a little low.

Fuel would not be a problem.

You can easily take a large/medium drone modified with a special equipment and/or multiple additional fueltank and gridlink connection. Let it land somewhere, charge btteries and go up to the mothership.

I think we could whip out a zeppelin lifestyle rather easily.

Smuggler Mechanic Contact (For continous maintenance)
Smuggler Havens Knowledge Skill (For emergency landing areas
Refuelling Drone (Special Equipment: Fueltanks - Count as X amount of additional fueltanks)
Maintenance Drone (Give it Aeronauticts toolkit and Rail propulsion to zip around the hull to inspect it)
Doc Byte
QUOTE (Aerospider @ Jul 26 2011, 01:42 PM) *
Comfort – Probably not high since your furniture will be limited by space.
Necessities – Very low, probably no more than Squatter.

Time to get something like this: http://www.monacocoach.com/monaco/products/signature eek.gif
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Jul 26 2011, 07:51 AM) *

But for a Rigger, a plain bus sized motor home is too boring. You need:
The Jopp
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jul 26 2011, 01:04 PM) *

Simple.

Conestoga Vista
+Amenities Luxury
+Special Equipment [Car Docking bay/Garage]
+Eurocar Westwind
+Pimped Ride 2

*edit*

You might want the extras too.

+Theft Protection
+Concealed Armor
Doc Byte
Perhaps add an amphibious operation pack... -> http://www.terrawind.com/terrawind.htm
Aku
I actually think security should be on the high end, assuming you're living in it as it flies around. Even just the physical aspect of it being in the air is going to make it significantly more difficult to break into. I can almost see some corp taking advantage of this idea... "Sky, the ultimate morphing neighborhood" and "Dont like your neighbors? Fly your home someplace else!"
Miri
QUOTE (Aku @ Jul 26 2011, 10:41 AM) *
I actually think security should be on the high end, assuming you're living in it as it flies around. Even just the physical aspect of it being in the air is going to make it significantly more difficult to break into. I can almost see some corp taking advantage of this idea... "Sky, the ultimate morphing neighborhood" and "Dont like your neighbors? Fly your home someplace else!"

And with a Multilaunch Drone Rack installed can have a small horde of Dragonfly drones on patrol or ready standby for defense. So from what I've seen, at least 3 Drone racks.. the Multilaunch for the wasp defense, a Small Lander for the Medium refueling drone and a Large Lander for your Air to Ground tender to get you down for your run.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Miri @ Jul 26 2011, 09:52 AM) *
And with a Multilaunch Drone Rack installed can have a small horde of Dragonfly drones on patrol or ready standby for defense. So from what I've seen, at least 3 Drone racks.. the Multilaunch for the wasp defense, a Small Lander for the Medium refueling drone and a Large Lander for your Air to Ground tender to get you down for your run.

The Special Machinery Modification works out better for that Helo Landing Pad you always wanted. smile.gif
Mardrax
Slap SunCell on it to get rid of that silly refueling thing, the vast majority of times.
Christian Lafay
My two cents, if I may. If I were treating the vehicle (what ever kind) as a Lifestyle then I would either accept the amenities as Necessities and Comfort as a bought permanent lifestyle, with Neighborhood being a non-item and the rest being chosen as register Advanced Lifestyles options OR I would just get creative with the full Advanced Lifestyles and not make the runners buy the vehicle. If you are paying for Necessities and the like then I would count that as making payments on the vehicle.
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jul 26 2011, 06:04 AM) *

How much of a mod would it be to launch the cars from the sideport while the RV is still driving? Presuming you get in through a hatch in the floor...
CanRay
And, now that we have a houseboat...
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 27 2011, 12:48 AM) *
And, now that we have a houseboat...

...we must always worry about people with scuba gear, mops, explosives, and a knowledge of historic TV shows featuring burned spies.
CanRay
Or the ME that worked with Sam, the guy from Quincy.

What was that old guy's name again?
Mardrax
Quick question: does the houseboat have Ballast Tanks like every post-War! ship? If not, it needs some. wobble.gif
Doc Byte
QUOTE (BishopMcQ @ Jul 27 2011, 02:35 AM) *
How much of a mod would it be to launch the cars from the sideport while the RV is still driving? Presuming you get in through a hatch in the floor...

No mod at all, if you get something like this one. Just drive in. biggrin.gif

hermit
This gets more intereting with th MCT houseboat from Deadly Waves. I suppose the vehicle counts as a partially bought expanded lifestyle, the Nescessities. At least, the houseboat's price and permanent mid nescessities kind of pans out, price-wise.
Traul
Necessities also include water and power bills, so the vehicle should not completely include them.
hermit
It has SunCell for energy, and for water it uses filtration? It's not like a ship lacks contact with water in general.
Draco18s
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jul 26 2011, 09:04 AM) *

Please. You know you want the kind of life these guys have. wink.gif
Christian Lafay
Honestly I think the easiest solution, from the designers side, would be to place it as a very limited set of Lifestyle Qualities. I'm On A Boat -10.
CanRay
With RVs, Houseboats, and now a Zeppelin, this does raise an interesting question. Probably have to stop off to get supplies on a regular basis, and maintenance of the vehicle (So you pay lifestyle from that.).

Gives me ideas...
Christian Lafay
The only foreseeable problem with the zeppelin is being hunted down...

Scorned Johnson: "I need you to eliminate a group of people."
Face: "Well we'll have to find them and..."
SJ: "Well they're in a zeppelin above the city."
Face: "Oh... Well then there is the complication of an attack..."
SJ: "There is an RPG in the dumpster outside. I just need you to accept the money and tell me you have someone who can aim the damn thing."
CanRay
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jul 27 2011, 02:35 PM) *
RV has all the problems of a car.

Houseboats can sink.

Regular apartments don't move at all.

Living in an office isn't even a good idea, look at what happened to Harry Dresden. (And he just paid the rent for the month, too!).
KCKitsune
The same thing can be done with a hit on the Runner's home. If I fire a HE rocket into his home, he's most likely going to be in a world of hurt.
CanRay
Hense my statement about apartments not moving at all. nyahnyah.gif Any base of operations, be it mobile or stationary, is going to be a target.

That Street Lifestyle is starting to look better all the time, isn't it?
Christian Lafay
Well Street is good but I'm thinking of those positive qualities that make it harder for you to be tracked down. After that it comes down to how clever the runners/players are. But, point taken.
Mäx
I'm actually leaning more towards the SENDAKU MARLIN (YACHT) as a home for some of my characters builds, it's cheaper then the houseboat and has high amenities.
Doc Byte
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 27 2011, 09:48 PM) *
The same thing can be done with a hit on the Runner's home. If I fire a HE rocket into his home, he's most likely going to be in a world of hurt.

That's why I don't buy a house in the Sprawl I'm running in. Preferably it's on another continent or at least in another city. Recently my character moved from his house on Hawai'i (with a base of operations in Seattle) into a bigger one in New Monaco and a semi-legal life as a maritime treasure hunter with occasional runs.
Christian Lafay
Why my face lives in an Arc and NEVER takes on the parent corp if he gets wind of it.
CanRay
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jul 27 2011, 03:08 PM) *
I'm actually leaning more towards the SENDAKU MARLIN (YACHT) as a home for some of my characters builds, it's cheaper then the houseboat and has high amenities.
Yeah, but does it have a SHOWER? nyahnyah.gif
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 28 2011, 01:29 AM) *
Yeah, but does it have a SHOWER? nyahnyah.gif

For high amenities it better a female willing to give sponge baths. For luxury it is multiple females.
CanRay
Or men. Or changlings. Or Nagas who tongue bathe you.

All depends on your personal taste.
Grinchy McScrooge
I have to admit, as soon as I got my hands on Deadly Waves, I had vision of Thunderball dancing through my head. grinbig.gif
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 28 2011, 01:41 AM) *
Or men. Or changlings. Or Nagas who tongue bathe you.

All depends on your personal taste.

Naughty Night-Elf Night Nurses.
CanRay
Bisexual Elf Stripper Ninjas. Show, bathing, and security all in one payment. biggrin.gif
Udoshi
What about for the other sex? Need some considerations for the ladies.

A security staff full of luchadore poolboys?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Jul 27 2011, 09:48 PM) *

Hardwired, anyone?
CanRay
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 28 2011, 01:34 AM) *
What about for the other sex? Need some considerations for the ladies.

A security staff full of luchadore poolboys?
I mentioned men. And Changlings which might have both sexes, or some weird thing that looks like a sexual organ as done by the team of H.R. Giger and M. C. Escher who were both on an acid trip.

And I also did stipulate Bisexual Elf Stripper Ninjas without stating what sex they were as well, so, if you're into Bishōnen...
The Jopp
QUOTE (Christian Lafay @ Jul 27 2011, 07:35 PM) *

Scorned Johnson: "I need you to eliminate a group of people."
Face: "Well we'll have to find them and..."
SJ: "Well they're in a zeppelin above the city."
Face: "Oh... Well then there is the complication of an attack..."
SJ: "There is an RPG in the dumpster outside. I just need you to accept the money and tell me you have someone who can aim the damn thing."

It has ruthenium polymer coating and is nigh invisible.
It has sensor dampening coating and laughts against your rigger trying to lock it
It's at 10'000 feet looking down at all the ants...

It just launched several drones...
4 attack drones to take out the team
1 to pick up the laundry
1 to refuel the large fueltank for the zeppelin
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Jul 28 2011, 01:00 AM) *
It has ruthenium polymer coating and is nigh invisible.
It has sensor dampening coating and laughts against your rigger trying to lock it
It's at 10'000 feet looking down at all the ants...

It just launched several drones...
4 attack drones to take out the team
1 to pick up the laundry
1 to refuel the large fueltank for the zeppelin

The character I play has a Zeppelin (one of the Massive ones) kitted out in Luxury.
He flies at 15,000 Feet...
Has the Drones you speak of...
No Ruthenium Coating though frown.gif
It is quite nice.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 28 2011, 07:45 AM) *
I mentioned men. And Changlings which might have both sexes, or some weird thing that looks like a sexual organ as done by the team of H.R. Giger and M. C. Escher who were both on an acid trip.

And I also did stipulate Bisexual Elf Stripper Ninjas without stating what sex they were as well, so, if you're into Bishōnen...

My next character is so getting a team of Bisexual Futanari Elf Stripper Ninjas in maid costumes as part of his household.

CanRay, you've been an endless source of inspiration for me thus far. Keep up the good work! nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
Best. Roommates. Ever!!!
Christian Lafay
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 28 2011, 04:35 PM) *
Best. Roommates. Ever!!!

So THAT is what that quality is for....
CanRay
Of course!

BTW: One of my players made a place that had some of the worst qualities one could think of, including a Roommate that stayed there and maintained the place.

The guy was a driver for Ghoul Cab who walked around the house in an undersized houserobe.

Along with all the other issues, the group decided that being hunted wasn't so bad after all.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
Luftschiffbau Zeppelin/Harland & Wolfe
Classique IVz Air Yacht (Zeppelin Yacht)

This Super Yacht is the brainchild of designer Roman Abramovich, and brings together two of the most influential companies in Zeppelin and Yacht design and construction. In the year 2066, Luftschiffbau Zeppelin, in partnership with Harland & Wolfe, introduced the Classicque IVz Air Yacht. It was an immediate success with the Rich and Famous throughout the world. The most Interesting thing about this Yacht is that it may be customized to the individuals own tastes and requirements. It is the ultimate in Luxury Living. But wait, THERE'S MORE. With the Classique IVz, you never have to worry about being without power ever again, as it has been equipped with the latest in state-of-the-art SunCell Technologies systems that allow it to stay in the air almost indefinitely.

Std. Upgrades: Lighter than Air (Includes Level 2 Improved takeoff and Landing), Luxury Accommodations and Amenities (Yacht).

Base Operational Time: 480 Hours (At Cruising Speeds) to 960 Hours (Station-Keeping). Sun Cell technologies extend this time out dramatically.
Operational Ceiling: 5,000 Meters (16,250 Feet)

Handling -3
Accel 5/10
Speed 30
Pilot 1
Body 36
Armor 16
Sensor 6

Basic Upgrades: (33/36)
• Additional Fuel Cells: 3 (Provides Additional Hours of Operational Time Each), Slots: 3, Cost: 3,000¥
• Improved Economy (Double Operational Time), Slots: 1, Cost: 1,500¥
• Suncell Power Systems (Double Operation Time in Daylight, Recharge Time is 2 Hours per Hour of Operation), Slots: 1, Cost: 18,000¥
• Improved Sensor Array (30 Points of Sensors), Slots: 1, Cost: 1,000¥
• Enhanced Image Screens, Slots: 1, Cost: 3,600¥
• Improved Armor, Standard, Rating 18, Slots: 1, Cost: 3,600¥
• Standard Weapon Mounts: 4 (Normal, Fixed, Remote), Slots: 4, Cost: 6,000¥
o Each Affixed with a Laser System (+16 Dice Defense), Cost: 120,000¥
• Missile Defense System, Slots: 1, Cost: 10,000¥
• Lock-On Countermeasures (-3 Active Targeting Bonus Dice), Slots: 1, Cost: 5,000¥
• Large Drone Landing Rack, Slots: 6, Cost: 20,000¥
• Special Machinery (Drone Bay attached to Drone Rack, Holds up to 12 Large Drones, with a Maintenance Area to Service the Drones/Shop), Slots: 2, Cost: 5,000¥
• Special Machinery (PMV Bay, Holds up to 12 PMV’s/Shop), Slots: 1, Cost: 5,000¥
• Special Machinery (Hacking Command Center/Facility), Slots: 1, Cost: 100,000¥
• Special Machinery (Cloud Scoops to Harvest/Purify Water/Shop), Slots: 1, Cost: 5,000¥
• Special Machinery (Food & Perishable Warehousing/Shop), Slots: 1, Cost: 5,000¥
• Satellite Communications Array, Slots: 1, Cost: 500
• Signature Masking 2 (Reduce Sensors by 2 for Detection), Slots: 2, Cost: 4,000¥
• Gridlink Hookup for Docking Port to Recharge Fuel Cells. Slots: 1, Cost: 750¥
• Interior Cameras. Slots: 1, Cost: 3,600¥
• Winch with Receiving Bay (Shop), Slots: 1, Cost: 5,000¥
• Extra Entry/Egress Points (Cargo Bays, and Emergency Exits), Slots: 1, Cost: 5,000¥

Luftschiffbau Zeppelin H&W Classique IVz

The Luftschiffbau Zeppelin H&W Classique IVz is in a class all by itself. Measuring an impressive one hundred and ten meters (358 Feet) in length, it is a shameless display of decadence and wealth. A yacht of this size usually has six decks (two lower, 2 Main, and 2 Upper Decks). Typically, a yacht of this size includes the following accommodations and amenities:

The Lower deck possesses an exterior atmospheric platform at the stern; Six guest cabins with en-suite bath or shower rooms aft, a medical centre, and the engine room amidships. Additionally, the Drone maintenance facility and Drone Rack is located here. The two Main decks share a sheltered exterior deck aft leading into the main salon, dining room and galley. There is an entrance amidships, next to the owner's tandem suites, located forward. In addition, there is a Sim-Deck enhanced cinema with an expansive Simsense library, a playroom, and additional living areas such as a separate bar, secondary dining room, private sitting rooms and a library. Also included are several jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms, along with an enclosed Swimming Pool and Plunge Pool (with an optional wave-maker). In addition, there is a small PMV bay located here that stores up to a dozen PMV’s for ready use.
The Upper decks boasts an exterior deck aft, often used for outdoor dining, a second salon (often called the sky lounge) a wet bar inside and outside, a sixth stateroom will be amidships if it is not on the lower deck or part of the owner's suite, a fully equipped gym (may also be on the lower deck or part of the owner's suite), and a Command/Communications Facility and Bridge. There is a Sun deck on the roof of the upper deck, which also features a Jacuzzi and a helicopter landing platform.

An entertainment package that includes all of the best SimSense feeds throughout the world, Large AR and VR entertainment hookups, and a complete satellite and modern communications array.

Additional Facilities aboard the yacht include an atmospheric processing plant that extracts the water from the atmosphere and purifies it for consumption. There are several large holding tanks to store the output. In addition, this processor provides an additional source for the gasses that fill the zeppelin, to minimize the loading and storage of atmospheric gasses. There is also a very large food and perishable storage facility, to reduce re-supply functions.

I like this particular setup, personally. Makes a Nice Vehicle to live in...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012