Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An Archive of Adepts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 16 2012, 08:32 PM) *
I agree...I've decided to expand the list to more than one per way - and I've added a few potentials to the beginning post.

As to the multiple IPs - these are only useful in AR...in VR they disappear and the benefits of being immune to IC damage is hardly a compensation for those hotSIM bonuses. The adept skill increases still work though, they are a substitute for the encephelons, PuSHed etc that mundane hackers will invest in. Also focused concentration and a high enough magic lets you go full VR and ignore the penalties for meat actions...you'll have to turn the RAS overide off though.

Hotsim VR is one IP possible more and +2 dice. Adept bonuses easily compensate this, until the 5IP hacker comes along. For a PC hacker, how likely is it your GM brings a 5IP hacker? The only stupidity is the slow-hack delay in AR, but for that IPs aren't important, so you can do that in cold-sim VR.

Adepts can also invest in cyberdiabetes + pushed for +4 dice, for a total of +7 to hacking, where the mundane hacker gets +6 in VR. VR hacking isn't nearly as important as VR for wheelmen.
Aria
Ok, another adept for your perusal...this time a pixie invisible adept who deals through the world exclusively through her drones.

Name: Madeleine
Alias: Opium, Maddy
Archetype: Invisible Way drone whisperer
Metatype: Pixie
Sex: Female
Nationality: Tir na nOg
Matrix Icon:
Reality Filter:
Lifestyle: Middle
Karma Spent: 10
Build: 400 BPs
Game: 2072

Character Sketch: <<Opium>>

Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012