Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much common sense to expect from Players
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Traul
QUOTE (Dez384 @ Sep 3 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Some hyperbole was misunderstood. He did have a cyber arm. The notion of him not having one would be an idea of a ridiculous twist.

That does not sound so complicated to deal with:

1° chop his arm off
2° implant a cyberarm
3° chop his arm off

You even get a free snack for your Tamanous friends grinbig.gif

EDIT: post written before seeing the xkcd link...
Mardrax
QUOTE (CanRay @ Sep 3 2011, 10:55 PM) *
Explosives are always part of Plan B.

Or Plan A, if I'm working on the plans.

Remember your Shadowrun ABCDE!

D stands for Demolitions. wink.gif
Miri
After having spent two entire sessions doing legwork and planning, which is how much RL time, and then however long it took in session three to get to the point they realized he was gone by a day. That is a lot of time spent essentially wasted. I as a player would have been royally steamed. As a GM I would have simply found another reason for the guy to have stuck around for one more day.. maybe one of his labs came back abnormal or something. Anything to keep two and a half sessions of game play from getting tossed out the window, which is no fun at all.
Traul
QUOTE (Mardrax @ Sep 4 2011, 12:21 AM) *
Remember your Shadowrun ABCDE!

D stands for Demolitions. wink.gif

Air-fuel
Breaching charge
C4
Demolitions
Explosives
Mardrax
QUOTE (Traul @ Sep 4 2011, 02:35 AM) *
Air-fuel
Breaching charge
C4
Demolitions
Explosives

Awesome
Backup
Combat
Demolitions
Escape

Unless I'm recalling wrong.
Tanegar
You're all forgetting one. Check my sig. smile.gif
Mardrax
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Sep 4 2011, 02:57 AM) *
You're all forgetting one. Check my sig. smile.gif

Failure is not an option. wink.gif
PresentPresence
QUOTE (Neraph @ Sep 3 2011, 08:46 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]

Whoah.
CanRay
Aren't you supposed to use children for Cyborgs, not the Elderly?

There's also less security at grade schools/school busses. Even if the kids are more heavily armed.
Dahrken
Both options are technically possible, each has it's advantages and it's drawbacks.
CanRay
*Gun drone turns on the Shadowrunners* "Are you the mailman?"
Bodak
QUOTE (Dez384 @ Sep 3 2011, 02:18 PM) *
My players and I got in a bit of a disagreement about a plot twist and of course, I am seeking the internet as an arbiter.
QUOTE (Dez384 @ Sep 3 2011, 11:01 PM) *
Again, I didn't come to dumpshock for arbitration,
But... you said...
CanRay
Don't bother looking for logic on the Internet or in any computers. There isn't any.

EDIT: As one of my friend is wont to say, "I think I saw a TWO!"
raben-aas
I think you're focusing on the wrong question.
Did this make the game more fun for everyone? If yes, you made the right call. If no, you made the wrong call.

This. And only this.
Yerameyahu
Nothing pisses me off more than the GM doing something like this. Obviously the information about the end of therapy was a given in the schedule hack, and they're right to assume you would have mentioned it if it was relevantly soon. My GM has done things like this before, and it's terribly frustrating. The reason is because your *character* knows this stuff, and is a careful badass. For him to make a silly oversight is out of character, and ruins everything. frown.gif

If the guy had legitimately left *early*, unexpectedly, that'd be fine. That's something they couldn't have known without the eyes-on updates they apparently neglected. But don't wreck things they believe they've already done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012