Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about AP
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
IridiosDZ
Hypothetical...

AP is applied only when armor is worn by the victim target. What happens if the target has the adept Mystic Armor power? Is AP applied then or is it ignored.

Thanks.
Elfenlied
It is applied.
Glyph
Armor is armor: AP applies whether it is "natural", worn, or a combination of the two.
Seriously Mike
So a troll in speedos has at least 11 dice soak against flechette shots, right? (BOD 5, Natural Armor +1, flechette AP +5)
Glyph
Yep.

"Raaagh!! Small arms fire annoys Mongo!"
Elfenlied
That's why you use a called shot to negate armor against said troll. -1 DP is good tradeoff for -6 AP.
Loch
Flechettes also have a higher DV than regular bullets fired from the same gun to compensate. And they roll against impact armor. Shotguns are some of my favorite SR weapons for this reason.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Loch @ Sep 4 2011, 12:15 PM) *
Flechettes also have a higher DV than regular bullets fired from the same gun to compensate. And they roll against impact armor. Shotguns are some of my favorite SR weapons for this reason.

As far as firearms go, when my characters use them, shotguns are the go-to weapon, as well. Although, I prefer to use the slug stats, then flechette.
Elfenlied
Armor-piercing flechettes
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 4 2011, 12:32 PM) *
Armor-piercing flechettes

Most of those characters are pre-War! Also, I don't know if I want to introduce that craziness to my current group (I am the GM...)
Elfenlied
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Sep 4 2011, 05:36 PM) *
Most of those characters are pre-War! Also, I don't know if I want to introduce that craziness to my current group (I am the GM...)

Well, AP Flechette is one of the saner things in WAR!, IMO.

Besides, I've got the German version. Heard someone say ours is saner, although it does include MilspecTech by default. Go figure.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 4 2011, 01:05 PM) *
Well, AP Flechette is one of the saner things in WAR!, IMO.

Besides, I've got the German version. Heard someone say ours is saner, although it does include MilspecTech by default. Go figure.

I didn't say I didn't want to have it in reserve, but in reserve. I don't want them getting up into the forefront. I'm running a more street level campaign, and the only time I bring in Miltech stuff is if they specifically breach military safe-lines (for example, flying a Forbidden for private ownership EW Drone within a military flight path)
CanRay
I want German books now... *Pouts*

Also, I wonder how the Japanese are doing...
Elfenlied
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Sep 4 2011, 06:35 PM) *
I didn't say I didn't want to have it in reserve, but in reserve. I don't want them getting up into the forefront. I'm running a more street level campaign, and the only time I bring in Miltech stuff is if they specifically breach military safe-lines (for example, flying a Forbidden for private ownership EW Drone within a military flight path)

Fair enough. Personally, my characters tend to stick to default ammo in street-level campaigns, or solid slugs in case of the shotguns. Flechette is one of the more expensive options out there.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Sep 4 2011, 01:46 PM) *
Fair enough. Personally, my characters tend to stick to default ammo in street-level campaigns, or solid slugs in case of the shotguns. Flechette is one of the more expensive options out there.

Agreed. Most of the PC's actually stick to non-combat or melee. I think the only ones with a good amount of ranged are the tweaked couple (husband and wife in reality), who play a mage(wife) and a rigger(husband).

Edit: But they have their own issues with AP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012