Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Firewall, System and Response
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tzurah
Hey All,

It's a simple enough question. I used to be of the opinion that because Firewall and System were required they didn't count against a node's processor limit. Recently though I've come to think I might be mistaken here and am wondering how other GM's have been treating Firewall and System.

So the question; are Firewall and System counted against the number of 'active' programs on a node?

Thanks,
Tzurah
DMiller
QUOTE (Tzurah @ Sep 12 2011, 12:03 PM) *
Hey All,

It's a simple enough question. I used to be of the opinion that because Firewall and System were required they didn't count against a node's processor limit. Recently though I've come to think I might be mistaken here and am wondering how other GM's have been treating Firewall and System.

So the question; are Firewall and System counted against the number of 'active' programs on a node?

Thanks,
Tzurah

No they don't count against active programs. They are part of the Device Rating and are Device Attributes, not individual programs. At least in my opinion.

-D
Yerameyahu
Right, that's the RAW. They only 'programs' (as opposed to Programs) for the purposes of buying them; they are technically Matrix Attributes. You can only run one of each, and you *must* run one of each, on every Device. They are not part of the Processor Limit, and they have their own special rules for their limits, crashing them, etc. Honestly, if you want to subtract 2 from everything's Processor Limit, it wouldn't change the game, though. smile.gif
Aerospider
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Sep 12 2011, 09:19 AM) *
Right, that's the RAW. They only 'programs' (as opposed to Programs) for the purposes of buying them; they are technically Matrix Attributes. You can only run one of each, and you *must* run one of each, on every Device. They are not part of the Processor Limit, and they have their own special rules for their limits, crashing them, etc. Honestly, if you want to subtract 2 from everything's Processor Limit, it wouldn't change the game, though. smile.gif

It would rather. Say you have a processor limit of 5 that you then take down to 3. That means 6 programs will cause a loss of 2 Response, whilst by RAW it would only cost 1. 9 would cause a loss of 3 response whilst by RAW, again, it would only have been 1.

You'd have to only subtract it from the first 'round' of processor limit, at which point it's much easier to just treat them like regular programs.
Yerameyahu
I know what it would do. I'm saying it wouldn't matter. The Processor Limit overage rules are a joke. smile.gif I did mean 'add 2 to the number of running programs', of course, not 'reduce the *base* Processor Limit by 2'. That is, 'just treat them like regular programs'. Really though, either way. nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012