Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just droppin' something by...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Boxymoron
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6967/p1000578r.jpg

Snagged this from the DM Screen for Top Secret/S.I.
Ascalaphus
QUOTE (Boxymoron @ Oct 13 2011, 09:21 AM) *

Interesting. Also, I like graphs smile.gif
Tanegar
That's fucking brilliant. *yoink*
ggodo
I need this, where has this brilliant piece of GM tech been my whole life?
Askani'son
Ha! Awesome! Now if I can find a way to integrate it with the amazingly overcomplicated driving ruleset in SR3, and not have every chase take 3 weeks of real time, I'll be set! smile.gif
bibliophile20
awesome! snagged!
OptimumStratego
That is a great chart. Thanks!
Ascalaphus
I think if you never show this to the players, and roll randomly for starting point, they might never figure out that you've been using the same street plan for the past ten chases...

Also nice is that it's basically independent of whatever chase rule system you're using, so it's portable to other game systems.
Boxymoron
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Oct 13 2011, 05:58 AM) *
I think if you never show this to the players, and roll randomly for starting point, they might never figure out that you've been using the same street plan for the past ten chases...

Also nice is that it's basically independent of whatever chase rule system you're using, so it's portable to other game systems.

Hell, even if the players know about it, there's too much information to memorize it all off the bat. And, this graph is awesome, because there's absolutely no tie to any game in it. It's just a system to do a quick and dirty chase scene!

</bump>
Method
This is awesome. Thanks for posting.

I think I will revamp this with a random generator to determine SR DP modifiers. vegm.gif
Ryu
Very, very nice. The first step is creating a much larger map.

Is anyone else thinking about a city map covered with those circles?

- You could go in every direction, but not following the "major traffic lines" would require a harder driving test.

- Loosing a tail could depend on distance on the grid.
Yerameyahu
That's ruining the whole point of a random generator, Ryu. smile.gif
Ryu
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 16 2011, 06:53 PM) *
That's ruining the whole point of a random generator, Ryu. smile.gif

Not quite.

Ok, maybe.

How about using that system as a map style instead of a random generator? It is beautifully simple.
Yerameyahu
Yeah, I think it's neat too. smile.gif
Method
I was thinking a collection of modular 10" x 10" maps representing each intersection configuration and then a couple of interchangable connecting routes (roughly linear with some twists and turns). This would be mostly for foot chases tho; the vehicle pursuit combat rules are better left to abstraction.

Plus it would be a lot of work and wouldnt be useful for other environments (in doors, roof tops, etc).
Critias
That's pretty sweet. Thanks for the share!
Jaid
the other nice thing is that even if your players do get too familiar with it, it doesn't look like it would be excessively difficult to scribble one up in a relatively short amount of time. so, if by some freak chance your players actually manage to memorize anything, you can make a new version which is mostly the same and they're back to square (err.... circle...) one.
Boxymoron
QUOTE (Jaid @ Oct 17 2011, 12:17 AM) *
the other nice thing is that even if your players do get too familiar with it, it doesn't look like it would be excessively difficult to scribble one up in a relatively short amount of time. so, if by some freak chance your players actually manage to memorize anything, you can make a new version which is mostly the same and they're back to square (err.... circle...) one.

Or 'accidentally' miss-read the diagram.

Again, the beauty of it is that the DM doesn't necessarily have to follow the diagram exactly. A route or two in the options could not exist (if a tiny, tiny bit of railroading is needed). Not all intersections are gonna be a 5-way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012