Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ladies
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3
CanRay
QUOTE (Snow_Fox @ Oct 28 2011, 09:07 PM) *
The saving grace is that most street meat go gangers aren't very good shots. Look at the news when idiots hit bystanders because they can't shoot straight and so on.
You mean like this?

So have to see if I still have the DVD of this movie.
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (Daylen @ Oct 29 2011, 12:34 AM) *
IRL I OC at times, but in game I would never OC and don't understand why anyone would. It brings attention from law enforcement in basically every area that SR normally happens and what PC wants LEOs asking for his SIN and licenses and permits (whether needed or not).

Oh, you definitely should OC in redmond. The Alpha or the Minigun smile.gif.

Actually, no, you wear an expensive suit and carry a teeny gun while a click or so above you your chameleon coated zep is watching over you with a full-auto grenade launcher smile.gif.
HunterHerne
QUOTE (Brainpiercing7.62mm @ Oct 30 2011, 10:26 AM) *

Actually, no, you wear an expensive suit and carry a teeny gun while a click or so above you your chameleon coated zep is watching over you with a full-auto grenade launcher smile.gif.

and if some hitman with a knife comes up to you, you are stuck in melee with drone overwatch potentially blowing you away with said grenade launcher.
Daylen
QUOTE (Brainpiercing7.62mm @ Oct 30 2011, 02:26 PM) *

Just one? I usually try to have three: a holdout pistol for maximum conceal and just in case, a light pistol for decent conceal and use when I need people to think I'm unarmed, and a heavy pistol as a primary when I don't have to worry about being searched for weapons or when I need to hand over a weapon. If I were to go in Redmond it would be with my trusty M1A, top rifle damage and a 20 cartridge magazine. Doesn't everyone OC in the barrens if forced to go there?
Faraday
Not OCing in the barrens is like OCing most anywhere else in public. It attracts attention that you usually don't want.
Brainpiercing7.62mm
QUOTE (HunterHerne @ Oct 30 2011, 04:37 PM) *
and if some hitman with a knife comes up to you, you are stuck in melee with drone overwatch potentially blowing you away with said grenade launcher.

Oh, come on, what happened to old-fashioned negotiation? If the guy brings a knife to a gun fight you reason with him that if he sticks close to you then very soon both of you will be blown to a fine red mist, and he would be far better off just making peace. spin.gif

Just one? I usually try to have three: a holdout pistol for maximum conceal and just in case, a light pistol for decent conceal and use when I need people to think I'm unarmed, and a heavy pistol as a primary when I don't have to worry about being searched for weapons or when I need to hand over a weapon. If I were to go in Redmond it would be with my trusty M1A, top rifle damage and a 20 cartridge magazine. Doesn't everyone OC in the barrens if forced to go there?

I think somehow the idea of the "boot gun" somehow hasn't yet taken hold in our game group(s). People might have a secondary gun - usually an Hpist in addition to the rifle. smile.gif

One more case for openly carrying the big guns is when the shit is actually going down: You CC a pistol during legwork, etc, but when the run goes down then usually the gloves come off and the chameleon coated assault rifle is carried openly - since after all, if you're obviously intruding, what's the point of concealing your gun? If someone finds you, then it obviously doesn't matter anymore. Obviously this doesn't happen during infiltration via impersonation runs.
ravensmuse
So Tehana was browsing the web last night doing research and came across this knuckleduster purse.

Apparently it's a thing.
ShadowJackal
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Oct 31 2011, 10:40 AM) *
So Tehana was browsing the web last night doing research and came across this knuckleduster purse.

Apparently it's a thing.

Yes. But the issue is that the McQueen is too small to hold a pistol. I'm on the lookout for a hard clutch large enough to hold one and will fashion my own knuckleduster on.

I also found this last night. It's totally label whore but I think its oddly fantastic in some bizarre way. I will create a character some day that needs a Murakami emblazoned gun.
Daylen
QUOTE (tehana @ Oct 31 2011, 12:58 PM) *
Yes. But the issue is that the McQueen is too small to hold a pistol. I'm on the lookout for a hard clutch large enough to hold one and will fashion my own knuckleduster on.

I also found this last night. It's totally label whore but I think its oddly fantastic in some bizarre way. I will create a character some day that needs a Murakami emblazoned gun.

That causes me almost as much pain as http://blog.riflegear.com/archive/2007/12/...s-cute-and.aspx
ShadowJackal
QUOTE (Daylen @ Oct 31 2011, 03:48 PM) *

I will fully admit in public that I am a total Hello Kitty nut. My desk is absolutely covered and if I had my way I'd have most of my kitchen and bathroom done as well (Damn you Ravensmuse!). The most painful part of that rifle is how terribly done the Hello Kitty is. Seriously it reminds me of the cheap Hello Kitty knock off stuff you find in Chinatown. I don't know why you'd ruin a perfectly good gun with a crappy graphic design job.
CanRay
The OMG AR-15.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012