Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unofficial errata for Infected in Running Wild
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 28 2011, 09:01 AM) *
Makes sense. What about those cheaters who get 'pretty surgery' on their ghouls? smile.gif

Got to fit in somehow... wobble.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 28 2011, 10:01 AM) *
Makes sense. What about those cheaters who get 'pretty surgery' on their ghouls? smile.gif

They are right down there with the cheaters who put cyberware and bioware into their bodies. wink.gif
Froggie
Excellent, this makes my Ex-Docwagon HRT medic turned ghoul playable now... smokin.gif
pbangarth
Broken and bleeding Street Sam: You want to put me under to do the work??

Ghoul medic: Of course. So you won't feel a thing.
Yerameyahu
'Ware costs money and essence. If there's a ghoul 'safeing' procedure that costs an appropriate amount of money and essence, that's one thing.
Stalag
QUOTE (Ascalaphus @ Oct 27 2011, 05:26 PM) *
Well, Ghoul Juice with DMSO would work

I prefer my Ghoul Juice with a ham on rye...
Patrick Goodman
Wow, you guys have been busy. I know I've popped in here and there to make quick replies, but you guys have been busy. And civil. I'm impressed.

Anyway, here are some of my thoughts on the discussion(s) going on. I probably won't quote much because there's been a lot of talk, but I reserve the right to change my mind. Some of this is just me blue-skying all of a sudden as thoughts hit me, so they might not make as much sense as I'd normally like. If they stick with me, I might refine them a bit later.

"Contact" is patting someone on the head, shaking their hand, a chaste little kiss on the cheek, brushing up against someone in a crowd. That sorta thing.

The sort of thing that could bring down a civilization if too many diseases actually followed that vector, and which makes DMSO (as presented here many, many times) one of the ultimate terror weapons. Yes, I think mixing ghoul juice with DMSO would translate it to a Contact vector for use in a small-scale sort of terror attack. I don't think you could do a whole city before your chopper got shot down, but you could do some damage, that's for sure. Problems with DMSO are its viscosity and it's high freezing point (18.5 C, or 65.3 F; ya gotta keep the stuff warm and diluted to make it useful), but those are easily overcome.

"Injection" includes, but is not limited to: Bites, scratches, actual syringes, coated blades and arrows, doing the nasty, ingestion of bodily fluids (including the ghoul spitting in your mouth or eyes), and contact with open wounds. "Did it bite you?" and/or "Did it scratch you?" should be scary questions to hear in some conditions.

I think the fluff has long supported the notion that HMHVV is a tough, tough virus and survives a long time out-of-host. One of the things that makes dealing with ghouls a problem: Most live in horrific conditions where sanitation is a dream, not a reality. Those claws of theirs are sharp, jagged, and likely covered in Infected material.

More later, I'm sure, as I go through things and find bits to respond to.
KarmaInferno
The problem with using DMSO is that it doesn't work that way.

DMSO is only usable for compounds, not diseases or other cellular level stuff.

Interesting bit about the stuff in real life - it's freezing/melting point is about 65 degrees Fahrenheit. So on brisk days your Squirt gun might not operate. I wonder if those weapons have internal heaters to keep the DMSO from turning solid. Even above that it has a viscous jelly-like consistency up to fairly high temperatures.

-k
Minimax le Rouge
very good work, i like it.

And i agree whit KarmaInferno : DMSO don't work with bacteria and virus.
Patrick Goodman
Version 1.2 of the Unofficial Infected Errata for Running Wild is up. Found a typo in the TOC, of all places. Link is in my sig.
darthmord
Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012