Full Version: Saints Row: The Third
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jan 18 2012, 04:27 AM) *
"The Trouble With Clones"?
Possibly...
CanRay
OK, finally found out why Zimos was dressed up like a horse. It's quite hilarious!
Stahlseele
You know, i still haven't managed to play this yet <.<
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 6 2012, 06:05 PM) *
You know, i still haven't managed to play this yet <.<
Then quit reading this thread and get it. wink.gif
Stahlseele
too much work . .
also, it's 12 in the night in 10 minutes . .
CanRay
Gangsters... In... SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!
Stahlseele
ok, i bought it . .
first problem:
fucking game comes with fucking 2 DVD's . . and i STILL need to fucking download 2.5 GIGABYTES before i get to play?
what the fuck?

OK, let's try FNV Ultimate Edition next . .
CanRay
Everything fits on my X-Box 360 with one DVD. nyahnyah.gif

Just finished "Trouble With Clones", compared to the other DLC, it was a bit too easy... And felt... Unfinished in some way.
Stahlseele
Any Spiderman-References in that one?
CanRay
Not that I saw.

Also, finally finished Saints Row The Third. I now own the city in total. I made Hulk Hogan cry and know what Kenzie does after the Hacker's backs are broken.
Critias
I need to play more, or rather need to find/make the time to play again. My new Boss is Sterling Archer -- suit, haircut, everything -- from an alternate reality where his mother raised him to be a stylish gangster, instead of a superspy.
Tanegar
Continuing my torrid affair with Steam sales, I picked up Saints Row: the Third and all but the most recent DLC (normally $104.83) for $24.99. I'm having much more fun than I did with Grand Theft Auto IV, largely because Saints Row understands how ludicrous the core concept is and embraces the madness, where GTA4 insists on taking everything super-seriously.
CanRay
I'm eagerly awaiting "Enter the Domin-Matrix"! biggrin.gif
taeksosin
I think that unless Rockstar stops taking GTA so seriously, Saints Row will have out GTAed GTA. Loved this game enough to purchase it instead of eyepatch it, and I've already easily gotten my monies worth out of it.
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 19 2012, 05:57 PM) *
I'm eagerly awaiting "Enter the Domin-Matrix"! biggrin.gif

It has since been folded into Saints Row 4, so you'll be waiting a while longer... frown.gif
CanRay
QUOTE (Grinchy McScrooge @ Jul 19 2012, 05:23 PM) *
It has since been folded into Saints Row 4, so you'll be waiting a while longer... frown.gif
frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Mar 22 2012, 10:01 AM) *
Not that I saw.

Also, finally finished Saints Row The Third. I now own the city in total. I made Hulk Hogan cry and know what Kenzie does after the Hacker's backs are broken.

I named my Shadowrun PC's mook Kinzie...
Thanee
SRTT is really crazy! biggrin.gif

Bye
Thanee
JCATL
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 19 2012, 08:52 PM) *
frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif

I second these frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif
Tanegar
I killed Professor Genki! Walked out of a Friendly Fire and there he was. Didn't even put up much of a fight, I stun-locked him with akimbo pistols until he dropped something like $850,000 dollars on me. I'm gonna go buy up as much property as I can.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 20 2012, 01:11 PM) *
I killed Professor Genki! Walked out of a Friendly Fire and there he was. Didn't even put up much of a fight, I stun-locked him with akimbo pistols until he dropped something like $850,000 dollars on me. I'm gonna go buy up as much property as I can.
Lucky! I had to put in work to get my paper!
Critias
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 20 2012, 01:11 PM) *

Yeah, I had fun blasting the snot outta him, too. It took me a second after I shot him -- because I shoot all mascots, on principle -- to realize he hadn't died. Then it took me a second after that to notice he'd pulled out a launcher and was trying to murder me right back.

Then, the fight really started.
Tanegar
I actually kept shooting him for some time after he died. The reason I was in the Friendly Fire was to buy the level 4 upgrade for my pistols (explosive bullets), so his body kept flying up in the air when I shot it, causing me to think he was still alive.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 20 2012, 06:44 PM) *
I actually kept shooting him for some time after he died. The reason I was in the Friendly Fire was to buy the level 4 upgrade for my pistols (explosive bullets), so his body kept flying up in the air when I shot it, causing me to think he was still alive.
Body juggling is a great passtime!
Tanegar
Well, I have purchased every store, crib, and property on the map (unless others appear later in the campaign), plus various and sundry upgrades, and I still have close to $500,000. Oh, and my hourly income is over $30,000. I'm thinking killing Prof. Genki so early will prove to be a game-breaker.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 20 2012, 09:45 PM) *
Well, I have purchased every store, crib, and property on the map (unless others appear later in the campaign), plus various and sundry upgrades, and I still have close to $500,000. Oh, and my hourly income is over $30,000. I'm thinking killing Prof. Genki so early will prove to be a game-breaker.
Until the heavy guns start coming out.
Halinn
The real fun is in driving a tank through a siege anyhow. Get wanted enough, and they'll even start sending in other tanks against you biggrin.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (Halinn @ Jul 21 2012, 09:48 AM) *
The real fun is in driving a tank through a siege anyhow. Get wanted enough, and they'll even start sending in other tanks against you biggrin.gif

Oh, I've done that already. One of the DLCs adds a Humm-Vee(!), a tank(!!), and a VTOL fighter jet(!!!), all in Saints colors. The VTOL's not accessible until you take the penthouse, with its heliport, but one of the first things I did was go on a tank rampage.
Halinn
The saints tank is quite nice for shooting down helicopters, yes. It is best done if you both get 5 stars from the police and a gang, of course. More mayhem = more fun
Tanegar
The key for "grab human shield" really, really, REALLY needs to be separate from the key for "enter vehicle." Kthx.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jul 22 2012, 03:58 PM) *
The key for "grab human shield" really, really, REALLY needs to be separate from the key for "enter vehicle." Kthx.
At least it isn't the same key as "Cock Punch".
Tiralee
Wait, I thought "Grab Human shield " WAS the "Enter Vehicle" action?smile.gif

I mean, I have to do it twice, but it's great tossing grandma into the face of an oncoming law enforcement officer

-Tir
StealthSigma
QUOTE (Critias @ Jul 20 2012, 07:07 PM) *
Yeah, I had fun blasting the snot outta him, too. It took me a second after I shot him -- because I shoot all mascots, on principle -- to realize he hadn't died. Then it took me a second after that to notice he'd pulled out a launcher and was trying to murder me right back.

Then, the fight really started.

Professor Genki's DLC was incredible. There's nothing quite like, once you finish all the missions, driving around in the Genkimobile with Sad Panda, Sexy Kitten, and Angry Tiger.

That's when you know you've made it.
CanRay
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Jul 23 2012, 06:11 AM) *
Professor Genki's DLC was incredible. There's nothing quite like, once you finish all the missions, driving around in the Genkimobile with Sad Panda, Sexy Kitten, and Angry Tiger.

That's when you know you've made it.
Big pimpin' indeed!

I like the Emu myself. It's a Smart Car, sure, but I always get the idea of it being a Jackrabbit from Shadowrun. wink.gif
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 23 2012, 01:32 PM) *
Big pimpin' indeed!

I like the Emu myself. It's a Smart Car, sure, but I always get the idea of it being a Jackrabbit from Shadowrun. wink.gif

A Hammerhead equipped with Nitro and the roof off.... make out all the exhausts and make it so the hood option has the air intake for the engine.... flames spit out everywhere from that mofo.
CanRay
Well folks, I'm about to crotchpunch a friend in order to get my disc back to play this before Saints Row IV comes out.

Any memories not posted anyone wants to share?
Remnar
Only that after reading this I should have grabbed it on the Steam summer sale like I almost did.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 26 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Well folks, I'm about to crotchpunch a friend in order to get my disc back to play this before Saints Row IV comes out.

Any memories not posted anyone wants to share?

Strippers. Strippers in angel costumes.
Tiralee
Forgot that my saved games were on the other xbox account, so I started from fresh...and absolutely romper-stompered my way through, hoovering up respect much faster than the cash.

I found that actually going for the cash option was a lot more fun that respect - I mean, I could get tons of that my failing (again) the heli missions while trying to blitz the city - nothing like splattering the various vehicles (and after too much Battlefield 3, the chopper use was soooooo easy) as a twitch response.

Got to level 50 before even getting to the deckers - and unlimited ammo is just gravy

-Tir
StealthSigma
I've been playing through again after having just finished Saints Row 2. Nothing is more fun than running down sidewalks buck assed naked and doing a running melee attack at pedestrians that features them getting a faceful of crotch.
CanRay
Just got my disc back (After finding out I couldn't DL Saints Row 1 from XBL frown.gif ). Enjoying some time with The Boss until it's time for The President.

That said, made the "Dolly" for Saints Row IV.
CanRay
'Merika, Hell YEAH!

Apple Pie, Hell YEAH!

Handguns, Hell YEAH!

Freckle B*****es, Hell YEAH!

Rugby for P***ies, Hell YEAH!

Saints Row, Hell YEAH!
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (CanRay @ Aug 20 2013, 04:58 PM) *
'Merika, Hell YEAH!

Apple Pie, Hell YEAH!

Handguns, Hell YEAH!

Freckle B*****es, Hell YEAH!

Rugby for P***ies, Hell YEAH!

Saints Row, Hell YEAH!

What he said.
StealthSigma
Am I to assume this is some sort of posting regarding Saints Row IV?
CanRay
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Aug 21 2013, 01:47 PM) *
Am I to assume this is some sort of posting regarding Saints Row IV?
*Crotch Kick* HELL YEAH!!! 'MERIKA!
X-Kalibur
I was more than half way through the game... and that's not even counting all the clusters I had collected (over 800, sigh) when, due to many issues compounding over time, I had to format the drive containing Steam. And I didn't move the SR4 save. Now I have to start all over *sigh*. At least I can now co-op the whole game with my friend for the achievement.
CanRay
I need to know someone who has it on X-Box to Co-Op with.
StealthSigma
I need a PC partner to coop with. My SR3 partner didn't get it because reviews looked bad.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (StealthSigma @ Aug 23 2013, 10:55 AM) *
I need a PC partner to coop with. My SR3 partner didn't get it because reviews looked bad.

Which ones? Only IGN and one other gave it "poor" reviews and they were like 71. Everyone else was 90/100 or 9/10.
StealthSigma
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 23 2013, 07:28 PM) *
Which ones? Only IGN and one other gave it "poor" reviews and they were like 71. Everyone else was 90/100 or 9/10.

I dunno. My coop partner from SR3 said he wasn't getting it because reviews were bad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012