Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Saints Row: The Third
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > General Gaming
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Seriously Mike
So, SR3 is coming out mid-November, with the character editor (offering everything bar the story mode rewards) released on Tuesday. This time, the over-the-top action moves to a different city, where the Saints mess with an international syndicate, a gang of luchadores, Hollywood Hackers and high-tech anti-crime unit. This includes jetbikes armed with lasers, VTOL planes, fighting the boss of the hackers in VR, blowing ludicrous amounts of stuff up (even with airstrikes), running naked in the streets, punching people in the crotch and smacking them across the face with large floppy purple dildos.
If you need some pink mohawk action, don't look any further, really.
Stahlseele
This game is SO hillariously over the top . .
You fall out a plane, back into the plane, through the plane, back out the plane, killing doods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=z_64WwS9bnA
Also: SR3 includes Tron: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IbRDARgBaw...;feature=relmfu
CanRay
I wish I had waited for this instead of getting Rage. frown.gif
Critias
Everything I see for Saints Row just makes me think "Hey, cool, a Prime Runner Los Angeles Shadowrun game," pretty much. It's gonna be awesome, if you go into it with the right mindset.
CanRay
Especially if you played the first two to find out how you got to be a Prime Runner.

Saints Row 1, you literally start as Joe Schmoe on the street who saw too much... Just random passerby #42. Then the game demonstrates just how much of a monster you really are.
Stahlseele
Never played Saints Row before, but this is just over the top enough for me to consider playing ^^
CanRay
It starts as a GTA-Clone, and cranks the insanity up to 11.

Apparently you're able to jump into cars through the windows, knocking the driver out the other side.
Stahlseele
Well . . . it COULD WORK! . . In Theory . .
Rastus
Jump through a cars window? Hell, you could jump through a cars windshield as shown here and here.
CanRay
Do you one better.
KarmaInferno
Do it with style!

-k
CanRay
For those that don't mind spoilers...

THIS IS ONLY THE SECOND MISSION!

And they have to crank up the awesome from THAT!
KarmaInferno
Is that the same video from the second post?

-k
CanRay
It doesn't have German subtitles. nyahnyah.gif
Seriously Mike
And then, WE BLOW UP A SKYSCRAPER!!!
...or actually take it over for a new headquarters.
Stahlseele
Sounds like F³NV.
CanRay
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Oct 31 2011, 01:56 PM) *
And then, WE BLOW UP A SKYSCRAPER!!!
...or actually take it over for a new headquarters.
Done in the first game. The Vice Kings (Gold Coloured Gang) HQ was a Corporate Skyscraper with a Penthouse Suite.

And now the Third Street Saints are just the Vice Kings wearing Purple. nyahnyah.gif Supported by Ultor. Ultor, exploiting people on Mars ever since we dumped them there. biggrin.gif
Rastus
Guess what folks? New trailer for ya'll!

In addition to showing off the cool toys of S.T.A.G. who obviously take notes from Nick Fury and S.H.I.E.L.D., that trailer gives you an uncredited cameo of Zimos, an old school pimp who used to work for the syndicate before he managed to annoy the DeWynter Sisters a little too much. That little bit of autotune singing in the beginning is his voice, and that scene of a gimp pulling a rickshaw? That's featured in the mission you rescue him.
CanRay
Gimp-powered Rickshaw Chases... Damn... *Writes that down for the Demo Game I'm working on for Shadowrun*
Seriously Mike
One of the female voices has a Russian accent. Surprisingly, there are only two Balalaikas uploaded to Saintsrow.com. And the worse one is mine.
Seriously Mike
And the new screens show some sort of trogs.
CanRay
Damnit... I'm going to have to go over the budget again... Maybe I can find something the store would like a lot in trade...
Seriously Mike
Heh, there's some extra cash waiting for me this month. SR3 and a new gamepad it is, I guess.
Tanegar
Is it just me, or is there something funky with the renderer in the "Initiation Station?" It makes skin look like a triangle mosaic, and women appear to have pronounced five o'clock shadow when zoomed out.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Nov 2 2011, 12:39 PM) *
Is it just me, or is there something funky with the renderer in the "Initiation Station?" It makes skin look like a triangle mosaic, and women appear to have pronounced five o'clock shadow when zoomed out.

There's something funky with your system. If the problem persists after restarting IS, that is - on the first run, some options refused to be switched and after putting a hat on the character, it disappeared. And I mean, the whole character did.
CanRay
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Nov 2 2011, 06:39 AM) *
...and women appear to have pronounced five o'clock shadow when zoomed out.
Well, the prevailing theory is that Playa/The Boss in female mode is just a transitioned transexual. There were strong hints of this in one of the few spoken parts of the protagonist in the original Saints Row. It would also explain a "Woman" being in a All Male Prison in Saints Row 2.

And, let's face it, who the *HELL* is going to make fun of the protagonist, considering what (s)he can do?
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 2 2011, 01:44 PM) *
It would also explain a "Woman" being in a All Male Prison in Saints Row 2.

It wasn't all-male prison. There was a mission where you had to spring the drug-dealing mom out of there in SR2 (IIRC it was a Samedi mission).
CanRay
Oh yeah, her! I loved her baking!
CanRay
Here we go! This is Pink Mohawk Shadowrun!

And for some reason I want snickerdoodles.
Rastus
Good lord, was that Pierce riding shotgun? He must of expanded his taste in music during the interim years.

Speaking of singing along with the radio, behold the unofficial theme song of Saints Row, and the only one to get a reaction out of all six selectable voices. Almost fits the old CG trailer too, its only off by a hair.

CanRay
I've often quoted the voice I had when Pierce was in that mission, "When did you grow a vagina?" nyahnyah.gif
CanRay
I miss Uncle Gary.
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 3 2011, 02:23 AM) *
Here we go! This is Pink Mohawk Shadowrun!

And for some reason I want snickerdoodles.

Hey, it's that song from Dave Mirra's Pro BMX!
And possibly the most badass Nissan Jackrabbit in the universe. biggrin.gif
Tiralee
Hell - the female voices for the protagonist were uniformly terrible. Playing as Dr Girlfriend the Cockney Sociopath made it all the more enjoyable.

Nothing like painting a wall red with a Mosaco security team and the sudden, "What I wouldn't give for a decent pint about now.." makes it awesome:)

-Tir (Yes, I do have the damn thing preordered.) Skyrim's going to be too involved just yet...

CanRay
I'm saying "Screw the budget" and pre-ordering it today.
CanadianWolverine
How I wish I could say "Screw the budget" as well...
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanadianWolverine @ Nov 4 2011, 06:46 PM) *
How I wish I could say "Screw the budget" as well...

One Month of Ramen only no option?
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Nov 4 2011, 03:17 PM) *
Hell - the female voices for the protagonist were uniformly terrible. Playing as Dr Girlfriend the Cockney Sociopath made it all the more enjoyable.

Well, I wasn't bothered, played through the whole game once with the first female voice, wasn't that bad. The "Cockney Sociopath" voice was horrible, though, making me play Sonny Sprockett with a Latino accent.
Also, extra $400-$500 this month. And promised Christmas bonus next month. Christ, I'm gonna be LOADED for the rest of the year.
Stahlseele
In Rleation:
The year is all of 8 weeks long.
CanadianWolverine
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 4 2011, 11:54 AM) *
One Month of Ramen only no option?

Unfortunately no, its a family budget and being responsible means others needs come before my wants. Its a luxury entertainment item, it doesn't come before food on our budget. And we are having trouble with ... oh never mind. The answer is no nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
Ah. Family.
Yeah, that will hamper the nerd lifestyle of ramen and video games . .
Seriously Mike
Fuck me with a stungun, it's not $400, it's $1000! Of course, that is before taxes, but c'mon. I can still pull $750-$800. However, I don't feel like upgrading my gaming rig, really.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Nov 7 2011, 01:40 PM) *
Fuck me with a stungun, it's not $400, it's $1000! Of course, that is before taxes, but c'mon. I can still pull $750-$800. However, I don't feel like upgrading my gaming rig, really.

I just did that myself. Cost me ~1300-1500 USD. Mostly because I wanted to use an ITX board and a really small case. It's maybe slightly larger than a fat PS3 and makes almost no noise because I got an SSD for it instead of an HDD. Was really unnerving at first, since I couldn't tell if it froze or not at times while dicking with it. The price to pay for being able to cold boot Windows 7 in under 10 seconds from pressing the button.
Stahlseele
what are you people talking about? O.o
Critias
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 7 2011, 07:01 PM) *
what are you people talking about? O.o

Mike's got some extra money coming in, but thinks it would still be unrealistic to upgrade his gaming rig in order to be (better)?) able to play Saint's Row. X is sharing his own recent experiences with sinking money into his computer.
CanRay
I'd rather spend it on a giant dildo to beat people with. biggrin.gif
Fabe
QUOTE (CanRay @ Nov 7 2011, 10:20 PM) *
I'd rather spend it on a giant dildo to beat people with. biggrin.gif

Has to be posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGOZoHxA-I
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Critias @ Nov 8 2011, 04:18 AM) *
Mike's got some extra money coming in, but thinks it would still be unrealistic to upgrade his gaming rig in order to be (better)?) able to play Saint's Row. X is sharing his own recent experiences with sinking money into his computer.

Well, considering that I have a dual-core 2.6 GHz processor, 4 gigs of RAM and brand-spankin' new GTX560, I don't think I need anything more. Although the Chinese have an awesome micronetbook for 600 bucks, so maybe I should save some money for that. Or build myself a new airsoft rifle (I don't own many rifles. Handguns yes, but it's rifles that are more practical).
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Critias @ Nov 8 2011, 04:18 AM) *

Ah well, i'm hoping my rig will run it just fine.
And if it doesn't, i'll have to try on the laptop.
CanRay
I have a console. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012