Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legality Code Tables
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
stevebugge
Anyone remember and like the old Legality Tables from the SR1 - SR2 setting source books? The Armed Society thread just got me thinking about those and wondering if there was an online repository of them somewhere.
Daylen
I've always used the SR3 table. Are you looking for the one that describes penalties and the codes? or the items with the codes?

here is a partial list: http://denver.wikidot.com/info:legality-codes
stevebugge
I'm really looking for a site that has all of the different ones from the various setting books in one place to not have to search my entire hard copy library every time one of these threads comes up grinbig.gif
Daylen
QUOTE (stevebugge @ Nov 11 2011, 09:32 PM) *
I'm really looking for a site that has all of the different ones from the various setting books in one place to not have to search my entire hard copy library every time one of these threads comes up grinbig.gif

well there is this:http://www.shadowrun.us/materials/Shadowrun%20Sourcebook%20-%20The%20Ultimate%20Shadowrun%20equipment%20list.pdf
Paul
Doesn't SR4 have availability codes? Yeah page 313 SR4a: Legal, Restricted and Forbidden. Add the target number in front of it and seems to work out the same way?
Daylen
the one from SR3 covered Possession, transportation, threat, use, intent. Also, any fines/prison terms; along with permits.
stevebugge
QUOTE (Paul @ Nov 11 2011, 01:35 PM) *
Doesn't SR4 have availability codes? Yeah page 313 SR4a: Legal, Restricted and Forbidden. Add the target number in front of it and seems to work out the same way?

There were actual legal tables with penalties for possession, carry, use etc. in many of the setting source books in the previous editions. The Seattle baseline was in the main book but there would be tables in other setting books as well. A lot of second edition setting books also had price differences for various item types expressed as a percentage of base book price to show differences in economies.
Sengir
QUOTE (Daylen @ Nov 11 2011, 10:39 PM) *
the one from SR3 covered Possession, transportation, threat, use, intent. Also, any fines/prison terms; along with permits.

And of course, SR 3 had price differences between legal and illegal purchases...somehow this is what I miss most.
Daylen
QUOTE (Sengir @ Nov 11 2011, 10:16 PM) *
And of course, SR 3 had price differences between legal and illegal purchases...somehow this is what I miss most.

And that could be substantial for those who neglected to have decent ratings in negotiations, etiquette and other "useless" skills.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012