Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fake SINs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Redjack
So I was reading Unwired and I hit page 95 and the forgery rules for Fake SINs. I noticed that it is easier to create fake nuyen Forgery(24xRating, 1 day) than a SIN(32xRating, 1 week). First problem with that is that almost every character has a fake SIN (or multiples). Second is that even under sr4 extended test rules, a rating 1 SIN would take an decent forger 16 weeks (Logic R3 + Forgery R3 = dp6 = average 2 hits per test). At 1,000 nuyen.gif for a fake SIN, that's 62.5 nuyen.gif per week for a full time forger.
Yerameyahu
I assume they're just trying to keep PCs from doing it. smile.gif I guess you'd want a *great* forger, not an average one.
Eimi
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 17 2012, 09:15 PM) *
I assume they're just trying to keep PCs from doing it. smile.gif I guess you'd want a *great* forger, not an average one.

Yeah. Definitely not a triumph for simulationists.

It's that way to keep PCs from making their own fake SINs. Simple as that.
bibliophile20
I'm personally of the opinion that the in-game explanation is that, if you're trying to do it by yourself, without the contacts in the right places--SIN Records, for example--it would be that difficult to achieve. However, if you do have the right contacts--all of the right contacts--making a fake SIN becomes that much easier to do, and how forgers earn their nuyen. It's not just their skill, it's also who they know that really determines the speed and quality at which they can produce fake SINs.
Yerameyahu
I'm not too worried. Crafting rules are always a bad idea anyway; let the NPCs do it handwavingly.
CanRay
QUOTE (bibliophile20 @ Jan 18 2012, 12:43 AM) *
I'm personally of the opinion that the in-game explanation is that, if you're trying to do it by yourself, without the contacts in the right places--SIN Records, for example--it would be that difficult to achieve. However, if you do have the right contacts--all of the right contacts--making a fake SIN becomes that much easier to do, and how forgers earn their nuyen. It's not just their skill, it's also who they know that really determines the speed and quality at which they can produce fake SINs.
bibliophile20
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jan 18 2012, 01:18 AM) *

Alot more useful than the Loyalty 6 Thor Shot Operator--or, at least, is useful more than once. wink.gif

I think that, if it ever became important for the PCs to make their own SINs, I'd set it up so that the threshold for the test is reduced by the connection and loyalty of appropriate contacts. Still hard, but not as impossible... but only if you know the right people.
CanRay
Exactly. It's who knows you that matters. wink.gif

A lot of footwork for looking for SINners can be easily done with the right contact at the DMV, for instance.

And never forget the amount of information you can get out of bartenders and cab drivers!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012