Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heavy grenades
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mäx
A resent thread inspired me to finally partly finish my write up for old school style 40mm grenades.
[ Spoiler ]

The launchers are still missing fluff text and no modern ones yet, but i'm mostly looking feedback on the balance of the grenades.
Edit: frak from 15P to 14P to leave a little higher cap to frag rocket
Yerameyahu
This is a house rule we've used for a long time. smile.gif It simply makes no sense for 40mm to be the same as 25mm, 20mm, hand grenades, etc.

As with all grenades, they should be vastly more expensive. biggrin.gif
NiL_FisK_Urd
You should balance the 40mm against rockets too - the frag rocket is 16P and the he rocket 14P, so your frag 40mm should be 14P.
But explosives in SR are somewhat stupid, if you read the rules for IEDs. 1 kg TNT has a DV of 4P, -2/m, AP 0 and costs 200nY, the detonator costs another 10nY+, more if you want radio-control.
A wireless-enabled minigrenade is cheaper, makes more damage and needs less space ...

An "iron bomb" makes 22P dmg, -2/m, AP0 and costs 400nY. That thing at least weights 50kg ...
Yerameyahu
Yeah. :/ The figures (in RAW) *are* all over the place, no rhyme or reason. Bleh.
kzt
It's like they have no idea what they are taking about. And don't care.
Yerameyahu
It's like they care about 'normal game' balance, and not Advanced Demolitions. smile.gif But you're not bitter. biggrin.gif

I don't even want realism, I just want the cost and effects of grenades and rockets to be balanced and reasonable. Leave demolitions and bombs out entirely, if they're too much effort.
NiL_FisK_Urd
Well, a typical hand grenade has 150-200g of explosives in it ... following the normal rules for explosives, their rating should be 22 to 26
Seriously Mike
No 40mm flechette rounds? I'm a little disappointed.
sunnyside
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jan 19 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Leave demolitions and bombs out entirely, if they're too much effort.

Meh. Most of us would have to make up house rules in the first game session if they did that. At least what they have gets us rolling, even if you couldn't reference it in your thesis to get your PhD in Mining Engineering.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (NiL_FisK_Urd @ Jan 19 2012, 02:32 PM) *
Well, a typical hand grenade has 150-200g of explosives in it ... following the normal rules for explosives, their rating should be 22 to 26

Depends upon the rating of the Explosive, doesn't it?
Yerameyahu
Hehe, sunnyside, I meant if I had to choose between two bad options. smile.gif I'd rather have good grenades and rockets, plus nothing; than bad everything.
Mäx
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jan 19 2012, 11:56 PM) *
No 40mm flechette rounds? I'm a little disappointed.

Here you go.
Shotshell grenades
These grenades are essentially oversized shotgun shells.Can only be used with a grenade launcher.
Micro
9P(f) +5 I 12R 50¥
Heavy
11P(f) +5 I 12R 90¥

And now i have to copy&paste that into my gear file cool.gif
Seriously Mike
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jan 19 2012, 11:25 PM) *
Here you go.
Shotshell grenades
These grenades are essentially oversized shotgun shells.Can only be used with a grenade launcher.
Micro
9P(f) +5 I 12R 50¥
Heavy
11P(f) +5 I 12R 90¥

And now i have to copy&paste that into my gear file cool.gif
Excellent. biggrin.gif Microgrenades are only slightly larger than shotgun shells, right?
crash2029
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jan 20 2012, 01:12 AM) *
Excellent. biggrin.gif Microgrenades are only slightly larger than shotgun shells, right?

Well frag-12 microgrenades are 12 gauge shells.
CanRay
QUOTE (crash2029 @ Jan 22 2012, 03:41 AM) *
Well frag-12 microgrenades are 12 gauge shells.
Great, now all I need is an AA-12 and... devil.gif
Mäx
QUOTE (Seriously Mike @ Jan 20 2012, 11:12 AM) *

Yes or at least that's what i based the lightly higher damage code to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012