Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skills Over 6
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Draco18s
QUOTE (Faraday @ Feb 8 2012, 07:56 AM) *
I'd just like to point out that this thread has taken a bit of an unexpected turn.

Where I come from, threads did that every 3 posts deep. Or rather, if it hadn't by then, it was unusual.
(Keeping in mind that it had a tree-structure: so 10 replies to the original is still only 1 post deep)
Yerameyahu
Does anyone use Outline or 'Linear+'? I've never understood them.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 8 2012, 10:11 AM) *
Does anyone use Outline or 'Linear+'? I've never understood them.

Outline is the "tree view" although this board's implementation is shitty.

Linear+ is exactly like standard, except the original post is always at the top of each page.
Yerameyahu
Yeah, the tree is always flat, so there's no point. smile.gif

Hm. Keeping the OP on the top would only distract from the digression, though.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 8 2012, 11:54 AM) *
Yeah, the tree is always flat, so there's no point. smile.gif

Almost, simply because we're used to a linear conversational flow. But if you check this thread you'll see it actually does go 2-deep in some places.
Yerameyahu
I assumed it was because I see no way to Reply to anything other than the bottom. What button does it?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Feb 8 2012, 12:05 PM) *
I assumed it was because I see no way to Reply to anything other than the bottom. What button does it?

Quote post.
Yerameyahu
Ah. smile.gif I've never used that, because there's the quote tag. Makes sense, but I would've expected a ReplyPost button. Anyway, good times. biggrin.gif
Sponge
QUOTE (Irion @ Feb 3 2012, 03:44 PM) *
Thats why it is a word I would not use if I am not a native speaker. Like I would never use the word "fuck" in america..
You mostly just lack the idea when it is OK to say it.

Many native English speakers lack the idea when it is OK to say 'fuck' too, and just say it all the time wink.gif
Tashiro
*just watches the thread completely derail, killing hundreds* biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012