Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dikoted Morningstars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Lilt
@Kax: I Have no real problem with the fact that it can help slicing, I do however find it somewhat ridiculous that a completely blunt club gains the same benefit from the dikoting modification as a spiked mace.

Logically, the spikes on the weapon will be sharper and thus able to penetrate more easily. This may lead to them getting deeper than they would from an un-spiked dikoted morningstar, or even a normal spiked morningstar, thus it warrants some form of damage code increase.

Yes, there is still a limit as to exactly how far the spikes can penetrate, but that's probably not going to be hit before the spikes have done their work.
Arethusa
If it bothers you so much, rule that the weapon gets +1 power and the spikes, separately, also get +1 power.
Lilt
Hmm. I suppose +2 power could work.
simonw2000
Which book has Dikote in it?
Entropy Kid
Dikote is in Shadowtech (old rules, better explanation) and Man and Machine (for third edition rules).

The more I think about Dikote, the less I like it. I'm thinking it should be house ruled into oblivion. I used to not know why others would do that, but I have a better idea from reading the last few threads about Dikoting.
Austere Emancipator
Man & Machine: Cyberware, page 111.
CardboardArmor
QUOTE (Swing Kid)
Wonder if I could Dikote my Attack Program

Compress it for quick upload, that way you can conceal it in a cane (also dikoted).
lspahn72
QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime)
Who cares about Reach with Close Combat? The katana weilder will get his ass handed to him by anyone with a Reach 2 weapon. At least with Close Combat and the spurs, you're leveling the playing field while getting a superior Damage Code to boot.

Oh my god yes...I "Suggest" to all my pc that they pick at least one weapon that makes no noise. I have a Troll Sam who decided he would just use a nice lead pipe. So the Troll gets +1 Reach and he get +1 for the pipe. Most melee combats are short....He has a couple of phys ads up to bat next so we will see how he fairs...

Doesnt hurt his STR is 14 too...
CircuitBoyBlue
There's a troll in my group that uses a cinder block on the end of a 20 ft chain, which leads me to the following views:

troll with dikoted katana = lame
troll with lead piple = cool
troll with dikoted morningstar = lame
troll with cinder block on a chain = cool

weapons are so much cooler when you found them in an alley and just gave them to a troll...
Zazen
Yeah, that is pretty damn cool. Now I've got to go play BattleToads for a while to get it out of my system.
CircuitBoyBlue
Heh. I'd forgotten about Battle Toads. Crap, now I have to play it, too.
Swing Kid
QUOTE (CardboardArmor)
QUOTE (Swing Kid)
Wonder if I could Dikote my Attack Program

Compress it for quick upload, that way you can conceal it in a cane (also dikoted).

I just had my deck dikoted. Hasn't helped much on the grid, but the chicas sure dig it.
Arethusa
Why would they? It might be slightly shinier than an uncoated deck, but other than that, it's going to look exactly the same.
CircuitBoyBlue
I think he was saying they love rock hard decks. He was just too tasteful to put it that way.
Shadow
QUOTE (Swing Kid)
I just had my deck dikoted. Hasn't helped much on the grid, but the chicas sure dig it.

Wow, it must be a piece of crap now. I doubt the composite plastic case and the optical circuitry inside could stand the intense temperature of the fusing process. Unless of course it was your ally spirit in the shape of a deck.

Which of course begs the question... could you have sex with it?
Lilt
I'm sure that depends on wether it has male or female jack ports.
CircuitBoyBlue
Hey, this is the modern world. He can have sex with it whether its jacks are male OR female
hobgoblin
never mind
The Jopp
*Brain HURT!* eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif
Kagetenshi
?

I'm still with the Doc on this one.

~J
Sandoval Smith
QUOTE (The Jopp)
*Brain HURT!* eek.gif eek.gif eek.gif

You necroposted for that? frown.gif
Arethusa
Holy thread resurrection, Batman.
Tziluthi
Necromancy aside, this was a pretty funny thread.

Troll with a cinder block on a chain. Hahahahaha!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012