Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite drone weaponry
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Tiralee @ Feb 28 2012, 08:24 AM) *
Now, you might want to toss in Deepweed and a bunch of watcher spirits to dick people off smile.gif

Ooooh, I like this. The price tag is rapidly going up, but this will be an epic trolling that Humanis will never forget.

So let's see, so far we've got:

DMSO/hallucinogenics
Flashbangs
Thermographic Smoke (Might actually cut this one down to regular smoke; not many Humanis pukes go to chapter meetings with thermo goggles)
Flash-Paks
DMSO/Pepper Punch
A Stonebrook Smokecloud/rapid-fire blank rounds/Rick Astley
DMSO/Deepweed in gaseous form
Watchers being dicks
Pipe-hittin' heavy trogs.

Trip. From. HELL!

PS: Don't add Jazz or MAO to the DMSO/Hyper/Pepper Punch cocktail.
Old-timers can remember the combination of effects smile.gif

For us new-timers, what does Jazz do when you add it to DMSO and Pepper Punch?
TwoDee
Can the Fashion spell be used invasively by a mage? Because once your enemies are tripping balls in a strobing impromptu nightclub, the only thing left to do is dress them up in silly outfits.

Groaning Humanis thug: "...What did I DO last night?
CanRay
Or water spirits made of bong water. wink.gif
Stahlseele
Toxic Water Spirit.
The Evil shit-head.
Stoned, but not Stone.
Ryu
QUOTE (TwoDee @ Feb 28 2012, 06:34 PM) *
Can the Fashion spell be used invasively by a mage? Because once your enemies are tripping balls in a strobing impromptu nightclub, the only thing left to do is dress them up in silly outfits.

Fashion targets the clothing, so you are good.

I think you just gave humanis thugs a chance to survive, hope you are happy. silly.gif
TwoDee
QUOTE (Ryu @ Feb 28 2012, 11:41 AM) *
Fashion targets the clothing, so you are good.

I think you just gave humanis thugs a chance to survive, hope you are happy. silly.gif

From now on, all of my enemies wear ball gags, assless chaps, and tasteful peacock-themed accessories.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (TwoDee @ Feb 28 2012, 12:34 PM) *

Clown costumes and silly hats for all!

Or else BDSM gear. Or fursuits. Or aztec-style shawls made of human skin.

You know, depending on how wrathful you feel and just how Old Testament the pipe-hittin' trogs got on their faces.
TwoDee
I like this thread. It went from effective drone weapons to hilarious drone weapons to creative ways to dick with your enemies.
Stahlseele
There is a difference? O.o
CanRay
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 28 2012, 04:26 PM) *
Or else BDSM gear.
"Which one is Zemos?" "The one with the Rhinestone 'Zee' on his back?" "It can't be that eas... Oh."
snowRaven
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 28 2012, 09:26 PM) *
Clown costumes and silly hats for all!

Or else BDSM gear. Or fursuits. Or aztec-style shawls made of human skin.

You know, depending on how wrathful you feel and just how Old Testament the pipe-hittin' trogs got on their faces.

No, no, no...all of the above, with 'Mothers for Metas' and 'O.R.C.' t-shirts on top!
Sengir
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:59 PM) *
DMSO/hallucinogenics

DMSO + hallucinogenics + K-10.
Must. Kill. Purple Elephants.
Purple elephant skulls for His throne!!!!!
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 28 2012, 04:39 PM) *
DMSO + hallucinogenics + K-10.
Must. Kill. Purple Elephants.
Purple elephant skulls for His throne!!!!!

Ooooh, Kamikaze. Nice.

If you skip the pipe-hittin' trogs stage, you could barricade them into the chapter-house long enough to get them riled up into a killing frenzy, then let the poor bastards loose*. The resulting rampage as they pour forth into the streets - and the accompanying bad press of a humanis riot - should spray some egg on Humanis' face.

But then you miss out on the fun of pulling up an 18-wheeler in front of the chapter-house, having the back door clank down into a ramp, and a single-file unit of trogs calmly but menacingly marching into the meeting place.

*You might want to mix in something that will zap their agility down to just about jack shit, though. Comically inept rampages of Humanis members screaming "Blood for the blood god!" and "Never gonna let you down!" as they bumble and try to beat people up - funny. But if they're actually manually killing folks with their bare hands, not so funny.

Unless you put them into this state and then let them loose on more Humanis members, preferably high-ranking ones whom you've thrown Masks over to make them look like metas. Then it gets to be downright hilarious.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 28 2012, 02:49 PM) *
Ooooh, Kamikaze. Nice.

K-10 (Blood of Kali) is not just Kamikaze. Oh no, it is what kamikaze wants to be when it grows up. On steroids. smile.gif
thorya
I'm glad my players don't read Dumpshock. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
Dunpshock should be required reading for shadowrun players and GM's.
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 28 2012, 05:06 PM) *
K-10 (Blood of Kali) is not just Kamikaze. Oh no, it is what kamikaze wants to be when it grows up. On steroids. smile.gif

Oh, shit, right...

*finds it in Arsenal*

eek.gif

Overkill much, Ty J? That would turn the entire batch of them into bloodthirsty berzerking* lunatics. They probably would be spouting Khornite war-cries as they try to tear people apart with their teeth.

*For some reason, my spellcheck recognizes this as "aerobraking". question.gif
Sengir
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 28 2012, 11:06 PM) *

Kamikaze Grade 10. It's Kamikaze turned to 11 biggrin.gif
Udoshi
QUOTE (CanRay @ Feb 28 2012, 10:39 AM) *
Or water spirits made of bong water. wink.gif

You know, one of the things water spirits can do is make drinkable water for people as a service.

Its surprisingly in arsenal, in the 'surviving in a desert' section.

I could see a leap being made to make -flavored- water. Perhaps a Shinto spirit dispenses tea. Or a norse spirit dispenses booze.

In fact, that would be pretty much awesome.
Sengir
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Feb 29 2012, 12:00 AM) *
I could see a leap being made to make -flavored- water. Perhaps a Shinto spirit dispenses tea. Or a norse spirit dispenses booze.

Turning water to alcohol sounds more like the realm of Theurgist spirits...
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Feb 28 2012, 03:45 PM) *
Oh, shit, right...

*finds it in Arsenal*

eek.gif

Overkill much, Ty J? That would turn the entire batch of them into bloodthirsty berzerking* lunatics. They probably would be spouting Khornite war-cries as they try to tear people apart with their teeth.

*For some reason, my spellcheck recognizes this as "aerobraking". question.gif

Hey, you're the one who suggested it, not me. smile.gif
Lindt
I did have my group hire an NPC rigger to create a major rolling roadblock one time. 5 used Americars fitted with rigger gear and 5k of C4 each.
Worked surprisingly well. Kinda expensive, but awesome.
Sengir
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Feb 29 2012, 12:06 AM) *
Hey, you're the one who suggested it, not me. smile.gif

Actually, I was the one who suggested K-10 nyahnyah.gif

Too bad I never got to actually pull off that trick, but maybe my new archer character will...

Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Sengir @ Feb 29 2012, 07:24 AM) *
Actually, I was the one who suggested K-10 nyahnyah.gif

Too bad I never got to actually pull off that trick, but maybe my new archer character will...

Sorry Sengir. I stand Corrected. smile.gif
Tiralee
my SR3 brain was reading and translating the TN's for that combo of mixed-up terror....ouch.
And then the price tag: Also ouch.

Btw: the MAO drops 1d6 off the initiative and 1 quickness (old-timey person, don't know if SR4 kept MAO) and the Jazz was simply there to keep them upright, and suddenly addicted.... (as per the M&M rules)
Breaking it down (SR3, I don't have the SR4 versions)

So:
$10 - DMSO, gets around the whole "needs injection as a vector" problem.
$5 - Pepper-Punch: 12L stun
$180 - Hyper: 6S stun, +1 all TN's (mild vertigo), effects last for 10 minutes per box of damage suffered, tasks requiring concentration (ie: spellcasting) TN's increase to +4. Any physical damage suffered adds 1/2 Stun damage to the sufferer. Ie: take 2 boxes physical, get an additional box stun.
$280 - MAO: 12L Stun. Drops initiative by 1d6, and reduces reaction by 1. (lasts 10 combat turns)
$40 - Jazz: Increases Quickness by 2, initiative by 1d6, lasts 10 x 1d6 minutes. Downside: Crash = 8L Stun, resisted by body; +1 TN to all tests and -1 Quickness penalty for 1d6 x 10 minutes. ADDICTIVE: 4 mental, 5 physical, Tolerance 2, Edge 2/8, 3 days fix factor.
$TBA - Deepweed: Increases Willpower by 1 and forces the magically-active to astrally perceive. ADDICTIVE, 7P, Tolerance 2, Edge 5/20, fix 7 days.

So, $515 + deepweed and you've got a crowd of unconscious twitching, addicted wretches who won't be of any use to anyone until they dry out.

Sum damage: 12L stun, the 6S stun, the 12L stun, -1 Reaction, and the horrible addiction rules WITH the modified TNs that the cocktail of ugly
Bonus: Victim has +2 quickness, +1 willpower for a little while....

Conclusion: horribly effective on unsuspecting guards, who will be a drain on the security company's coffers until they dry out, necessitating replacements with hastily-produced id....smile.gif

Social engineering via chemicals:)

-Tir.

No, no K10 or Kamikaze, that shit be wrong. If I was to use it, it'd be on a sewer full of feral ghouls near an overly-cocky sammy:)
The Jopp
Favorite drone weaponry...or FUNNIEST drone weaponry...

Watercannon+DMSO+Pepper Punch
Watercannon+DMSO+Riot Foam+Itching Powder
Watercannon+DMSO+Industrial Strength Aphrodisiacs
Watercannon+DMSO+SLAB
Drone Carrier dropping Bust-A-Moves with Scalpels
Drone+Water Cannon+DMSO+Puree of Ghoul= Ghoul Apocalypse

Character: Movie FX creator
Smokecloud Drone with multiple Holo-Projectors showing everything from armed lonestars to rival gangs equipped with ruthenium.
Dakka Dakka
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 1 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Favorite drone weaponry...or FUNNIEST drone weaponry...

Watercannon+DMSO+Pepper Punch
Watercannon+DMSO+Riot Foam+Itching Powder
These two substances work on contact so DMSO is unnecessary. It might even be harmful, you wouldn't want the foam in your blood stream, if DMSO actually worked like the rules state.

QUOTE (The Jopp @ Mar 1 2012, 03:27 PM) *
Drone+Water Cannon+DMSO+Puree of Ghoul= Ghoul Apocalypse
Again, just use the pureed ghoul.
Blade
If DMSO worked like the rule (and fluff) says it does, most anything+DMSO would be lethal (unless used at very low dosage)
snowRaven
QUOTE (Blade @ Mar 1 2012, 04:48 PM) *
If DMSO worked like the rule (and fluff) says it does, most anything+DMSO would be lethal (unless used at very low dosage)

Just imagine...DMSO and water grinbig.gif
Yerameyahu
Hehe. There have been other threads where this came up, and I think the sane conclusion was that DMSO just *requires* house rules so that it only affects 'pharmaceuticals' ('typical' drugs/toxins that have small doses). Messy. frown.gif Good old vague SR4 rules.
Dakka Dakka
Pharmaceutical, hah: take two doses of Oxygenated Fluorocarbons mix them with DMSO and put the liquid into two capsule rounds and double tap people. Instant death. That you just shot ten litres of liquid contained in two gel rounds at a person does not even figure into the result. silly.gif
snowRaven
Yeah - I just go by the assumption that the amount of substance absorbed per unit of dmso is so small that it won't have much effect. I haven't bothered trying to find out what would REALLY happen when using DMSO in such abusive ways, though.
Shortstraw
Blood of Kali is for use on elephants juggernauts and great dragons only.
Yerameyahu
Yeah, Dakka Dakka, that's the specific example that came up last time. smile.gif So silly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012