Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Implant Medics and their Cost/rating
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Uli
Since the search function did not provide any conclusive results: Is the nanoware's cost 10% of the implant's cost * the rating or is here a greater error at work? And are there any official statements (or magical German errata solutions) for this matter?
Speaking of Implant Medics: Do you think stun damage heals on a full body cybernetic prothesis or would IM be needed for that, too?

Thanks for your responses! smile.gif
Yerameyahu
Oh, I see: rating (1-6) doesn't seem to matter, because the listed cost is just "5% of implant cost". :/ Sorry, no idea there. 5% of implant cost * Rating seems reasonable and simple.

As for stun/etc.: implant medics only affect implant damage, which is basically independent of Condition Monitor damage. There is no such thing as 'stun damage on a cyberlimb', AFAIK?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 7 2012, 03:22 PM) *
Oh, I see: rating (1-6) doesn't seem to matter, because the listed cost is just "5% of implant cost". :/ Sorry, no idea there. 5% of implant cost * Rating seems reasonable and simple.

As for stun/etc.: implant medics only affect implant damage, which is basically independent of Condition Monitor damage. There is no such thing as 'stun damage on a cyberlimb', AFAIK?

Rating Does matter... And I think they just forgot to include the Rating in the Cost, is all. I agree with Yerameyahu in that the cost should probably read "5% of Implant Cost x the Rating of the Implant Medics."
Yerameyahu
I meant 'doesn't matter for the listed cost'. wink.gif
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 7 2012, 05:17 PM) *
I meant 'doesn't matter for the listed cost'. wink.gif

Gotcha... They should. smile.gif
Uli
Thanks so far, that appears to be a workable solution.

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Mar 7 2012, 11:22 PM) *

But if a character has a full body prothesis practically all damage is implant damage... so?
Yerameyahu
Nope. Implant damage is basically an optional rule, and totally separate from 'character damage' (Condition Monitor).
Should a particular implant become damaged or disabled in some way—perhaps through a called shot attack, infection with gremlins, intruder nanites, a simple glitch, or as the result of the severe wounds rule—then it must repaired to get it working again (unless the gamemaster rules that it has been completely ruined and must be replaced).
AFAIK, SR4 doesn't even have scalar implant damage; it's either damaged or not, and it may or may not be partially functional.
snowRaven
Yeah, Shadowrun has never really bothered to detail how a quadruple cyberlimb/cybertorso/cyberhead character's wound boxes differ from a meatbag's boxes...

By RAW, you have to say that cyberlimbs heal naturally or don't get damaged at all, basically.
Yerameyahu
Try to ignore the silliness and just enjoy the game, Uli. biggrin.gif The alternative is hit locations (very least, hit probability) and lots of surgery.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012