Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Returns Kickstarter Question Thread
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Stahlseele
Remember that at 125$ you get the dogtags AND EVERY OTHER REWARD BEFORE THAT LEVEL TOO
mister__joshua
Yeah, it is mighty tempting. The sexy looking dogtags are the real draw though, and the soundtrack. I've already shelled out £200 on new golf clubs this month though so I don't think the missus would react kindly to my $125 purchase of 'well, it's not been made yet, but it'll be really good, honest! I've wanted it ever since I first heard about it 2 days ago!' biggrin.gif
CanRay
Come on folks, we can hit $1.5 Mil!
Stahlseele
11 days left. say 50k per day and that means it's doable
Rouge
QUOTE (TheeGravedigger @ Apr 9 2012, 04:00 PM) *
at the $60 level, will they offer 4XL and XT shirts, cause I'm troll sized and my buddy is one of them skinny elf dudes. Freaking 6'10.

Was this ever answered? I didn't see anything in the FAQ about it

Edit: they added the shirt sizes to the FAQ!!

"We recognize that one size doesn't fit all, so our Backer t-shirts will be available in M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL."
mfb
Jesus christ. Shadowrun 205x done as X-COM? My boner has a boner right now.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 17 2012, 12:59 PM) *
11 days left. say 50k per day and that means it's doable

2days and only 7,000. Wait a minute, the PayPal pledges! Woo!
fastdos
We hit 1.5 MIL!!!!
Bull
QUOTE (Rouge @ Apr 19 2012, 11:09 PM) *
Was this ever answered? I didn't see anything in the FAQ about it

Edit: they added the shirt sizes to the FAQ!!

"We recognize that one size doesn't fit all, so our Backer t-shirts will be available in M, L, XL, XXL and XXXL."

Yeah, unfortunately, anything outside of XXXL is tough to find, and Tall shirts are even worse. (Ideally, I wear a 6XLT, as a note, so... Yeah. I'm very familiar with this area. It also doesn't help that once you hit 3X and bigger, sizes start being just an estimate. I have a 4XL that fits great, and I have a 7XT taht is too tight and too short.)

Most printing places don't even do shorts past 3XL, and don't do Talls at all. And when they do shirts that are odd sizes like that, they charge a good bit extra (Mainly because they don't buy in or produce the shirts in bulk, so it costs them more to produce).

I specifically asked Mike about this issue a few days ago since it's personally relevant (And effected whether or not I bumped my pledge to the 3-shirt level), and told him I'd be willing to pay extra to get awesome SR shirts in my size. He didn't reply back (I know he's crazy busy), but, well, this is up on the FAQ now, so... I guess that's the answer. I'm assuming it's just not financially feasible, or the place they've contracted to produce the shirts doesn't do off sizes.

Bull
Critias
Keep pledging!

1.75, and we get PhysAds!
ggodo
WHAT!?
I NEED THIS!
I WISH I HAD MONEY!
CanRay
I've already given until I bled myself white.

Seriously, I'm going to be hurting for money at GenCon.
snowRaven
Just convinced a couple of friends to pitch in, and I'll be upping my own pledge as well as soon as I've paid my bills and know how much I can afford...
mister__joshua
It's coming towards deadline time and I'm still tempted to up my pledge. I've been paid now. It's a dangerous game...
Critias
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 27 2012, 05:05 AM) *
It's coming towards deadline time and I'm still tempted to up my pledge. I've been paid now. It's a dangerous game...

Do it. Give in to the Dark Side! Succumb to your temptations!
Doc Chase
If I didn't have to pay rent, my arms dealer Sergei would be in this game.

(as such, usb dog tag will suffice)
Bull
QUOTE (Doc Chase @ Apr 27 2012, 10:07 PM) *
If I didn't have to pay rent, my arms dealer Sergei would be in this game.

(as such, usb dog tag will suffice)

Dude, if I could have afforded it, Bull the Ork Decker would be making an appearance as well.

Bull
Stahlseele
Seeing how Bull is pretty much Canon by now, why don't you ask them for him to be a cranky old ork (no, this being in the 50's does NOT make a difference, bull will ALWAYS have been an cranky old ork!) as a barkeeper or someting somewhere?
CanRay
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 28 2012, 12:28 AM) *
Dude, if I could have afforded it, Bull the Ork Decker would be making an appearance as well.

Bull
No reason why he shouldn't be...
Method
QUOTE (mfb @ Apr 23 2012, 12:32 AM) *

Must have missed something: where was this stated? Cuz that would be awesome!
mfb
Simple question to pass onto the devs that will settle some of the confusion that's been going around: outside of missions, will our characters be walking around in Seattle and the second city, talking to contacts and Johnsons and buying gear and stuff? Something akin to the Sega game, in other words? Or will the between-missions content be something less immersive?
Draco18s
QUOTE (Bull @ Apr 28 2012, 01:28 AM) *

If I could afford it, there'd be a dragon-johnson, or somesuch.

Because I could.
mister__joshua
I finally gave in and tried to up my pledge and then kickstarter wouldn't let me log in. I dunno if it was their problem or mine, most likely my end. Shame as I'd finally been swayed by the pic of the t-shirts frown.gif
capt.pantsless
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 28 2012, 11:59 AM) *
QUOTE (mfb @ Apr 23 2012, 12:32 AM) *

Must have missed something: where was this stated? Cuz that would be awesome!

Yep, that's what Jordan Weisman said in update #3:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/161326...ns/posts/202725
Critias
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 29 2012, 04:09 AM) *
I finally gave in and tried to up my pledge and then kickstarter wouldn't let me log in. I dunno if it was their problem or mine, most likely my end. Shame as I'd finally been swayed by the pic of the t-shirts frown.gif

I think it was closing down about 4:00 am (like ten minutes before you made this post), wasn't it? You might'a just run outta time.
silva
QUOTE (mfb @ Apr 28 2012, 06:01 PM) *
Simple question to pass onto the devs that will settle some of the confusion that's been going around: outside of missions, will our characters be walking around in Seattle and the second city, talking to contacts and Johnsons and buying gear and stuff? Something akin to the Sega game, in other words? Or will the between-missions content be something less immersive?

Ive made that one already. According to Critias, they responded they would be aiming for something like the Snes and Genesis game.

But I think its hardly defined at this point. I woulnt be surprised if they sacrificed that Snes/Gen style exploration for some kind of static-screens or menu-driven interaction for economizing with the out-of-combat portion of the game.
Gerzel
QUOTE (silva @ Apr 29 2012, 08:45 PM) *
Ive made that one already. According to Critias, they responded they would be aiming for something like the Snes and Genesis game.

But I think its hardly defined at this point. I woulnt be surprised if they sacrificed that Snes/Gen style exploration for some kind of static-screens or menu-driven interaction for economizing with the out-of-combat portion of the game.

They would be stupid to do so.

First:
Half of Shadowrun IS the out of combat portions of the game. More than half with the BETTER SR games. Many missions are mostly footwork and laying the ground work and a well done mission often requires no guns ever be fired.

Second:
Combat-Centered games have been done, and done better than the SR team can hope to do it! Shadowrun has combat but combat isn't the star gem. The universe and setting are along with the possabilities. And no I don't mean giving a bunch of lovely panaramic vistas to look at. I mean getting down into the grit and interacting with the many characters of the SR universe.

SR as a shooter has been done and it sucked! We don't need another fps or even turn based shadowrun fighting game.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Critias @ Apr 29 2012, 06:34 PM) *
I think it was closing down about 4:00 am (like ten minutes before you made this post), wasn't it? You might'a just run outta time.

Nah, I posted that the next morning, I tried to log in the night before (UK time). It had just closed when I woke up again. I'm pretty sure it was me though. I was trying to log in on my phone and it wouldn't load. Nevermind. At least I still get to play smile.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 30 2012, 03:49 AM) *
Nah, I posted that the next morning, I tried to log in the night before (UK time). It had just closed when I woke up again. I'm pretty sure it was me though. I was trying to log in on my phone and it wouldn't load. Nevermind. At least I still get to play smile.gif

You could try contacting them and paying the difference via paypal.
almost normal
So whats the final count on added features? Did we get phsads?
Stahlseele
yes we did.
We were only 100k from the next target away too.
whatever that may have been.
almost normal
Playable Harlequin.
CanRay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Apr 30 2012, 12:40 PM) *
We were only 100k from the next target away too.
whatever that may have been.
Dragon eating a kitten.
silva
Hey, what if the game ends up being like this..

The samurai gameplay will be like Angry Birds but with bullets instead of birds.

The decker gameplay will be like Tetris but with datastores instead of cubes.

etc.
Halinn
QUOTE (silva @ Apr 30 2012, 11:58 PM) *
Hey, what if the game ends up being like this..

The samurai gameplay will be like Angry Birds but with bullets instead of birds.

The decker gameplay will be like Tetris but with datastores instead of cubes.

etc.

Hey, what if the world was like this...

The president of the world would be elected from one specific herd of antelopes.

Forum posters would not post useless rhetorical scenarios.

etc.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Halinn @ Apr 30 2012, 08:55 PM) *

The president of the world would be elected from one specific herd of antelopes.

etc.

... and nobody would take the bait if they did.
Halinn
QUOTE (pbangarth @ May 1 2012, 03:10 AM) *
... and nobody would take the bait if they did.

That's covered in the "etc." part nyahnyah.gif
KarmaInferno
I have a question!

Will Dumpshock.com be given any sort of shout-out for the many years of support it has provided to Shadowrun, even at one point BEING the closest thing to 'official' forums as you could be for many years?

smile.gif

-k
CanRay
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Apr 30 2012, 11:20 PM) *
I have a question!

Will Dumpshock.com be given any sort of shout-out for the many years of support it has provided to Shadowrun, even at one point BEING the closest thing to 'official' forums as you could be for many years?

smile.gif

-k
Like being an alternative BBS to ShadowLand? The place where the cranky types hang out?

I could get behind that. But the issue might be IPs... Who "owns" Dumpshock and it's name and so on. And if they did own it, could we continue to use it legally?

Damnit, lawyers ruin everything!
Wounded Ronin
What is the estimated development time? A year?
Stahlseele
One year seems reasonable, yes.
Critias
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 1 2012, 12:10 AM) *
Like being an alternative BBS to ShadowLand? The place where the cranky types hang out?

*ahem*
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Critias @ May 1 2012, 07:41 PM) *
*ahem*

case in point! ^^
CanRay
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 1 2012, 12:10 AM) *
QUOTE (Critias @ May 1 2012, 12:41 PM) *
*ahem*
I WAS including myself in that list, BTW. But, yes, like Stahl says, case in point. nyahnyah.gif
silva
QUOTE (Halinn @ Apr 30 2012, 09:55 PM) *

etc.

Hey, another idea here: an "Infiltrator" gameplay that plays just like PAC-MAN.

rotfl.gif
Stahlseele
More Serious Question here Bull:
What Game-Engine are they going to use?
Unity 3D? It's a Browser-Based engine and should run reasonoably well on all plattforms.
It would also make the game technologically compatible with the SRO MMO, which is going to use the Unity Engine too.
silva
Stahl, they gonna use "Moay", the same engine they used for developing their previous games (Crinsom Steam Pirates and Starfleet Omega).

At least thats what they said in their page.
Stahlseele
Ah, okay, i must have missed that, carry on then.
nylanfs
Strikefleet Omega
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012