Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horizon advertising gone wrong, or gone horribly right?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
ShadowDragon8685
A DRAMATIC SURPRISE ON A QUIET SQUARE[sic]

For those who can't view YouTube - or whom are at work and shouldn't view YouTube - here's what this video, entitled "A DRAMATIC SURPRISE ON A QUIET SQUARE" (allcaps theirs, not mine) is. I strongly urge you to watch the video instead of reading my description, if possible.

[ Spoiler ]

All in all about a minute of action, but what a ride! It makes me think of Run possibilities; maybe Horizon hires some Runners to pull off something like this, perhaps a little more 'hardcore', like firing red gel rounds that shatter on impact instead of blanks that trigger squibs. Or maybe some rival company, having advance notice of the marketing scheme, hires them to waylay and replace the crew of the black van, following the script but using real bullets and mowing the other actors down before peeling away. Maybe these two facets converge, putting the runners in the role of the police officers, and they come suddenly under fire (for realsies) and have to extricate themselves from a nasty situation and/or decide to take down the other team.
VykosDarkSoul
that......is........AWESOME!
Adarael
That is... so awesome. biggrin.gif
Eratosthenes
Indeed!!! biggrin.gif
Neraph
That's what you get for only getting a DocWagon Basic plan...
D2F
Awesome! Great find!
hobgoblin
Seems they cut together multiple presses of said button.

I see a bike rider, a kid and a lady all at some point having pressed the button.

Btw, this seems to be in the spirit of classical candid camera style practical jokes. My favorite of such may well be the old Norwegian one where a wodden crate gets delivered to some office floor, barely fitting thru the door. The receptionist makes a fuss about the crate being delivered to the wrong address, and takes the delivery guys into a side office to talk to a manager. While they are there, the crate is dismantled and replaced with a identical one, except for being slightly bigger. So when the gang returns, having the address issue cleared up and ready to take the crate back, they can't get it past the door. Hilarity then ensues as they try all manner of ways to get it out.
Tias
I can't in good conscience advocate doing this kind of thing in a crowded urban environment. That said, it's innovative and very interesting! I'd press that damn button in a heartbeat biggrin.gif
Eratosthenes
QUOTE (Tias @ Apr 13 2012, 02:36 PM) *
I can't in good conscience advocate doing this kind of thing in a crowded urban environment. That said, it's innovative and very interesting! I'd press that damn button in a heartbeat biggrin.gif

Can you imagine the shootout going down in, say, a rural Texan town?

Some of the bystanders might just join in!
ShadowDragon8685
QUOTE (Tias @ Apr 13 2012, 02:36 PM) *

I'd go to town on the button. And you're right, that would likely go wrong in much of the world.

The kind of wrong that would be perfect in Shadowrun.

QUOTE (Eratosthenes @ Apr 13 2012, 02:46 PM) *
Can you imagine the shootout going down in, say, a rural Texan town?

Some of the bystanders might just join in!

It's all fun and games until someone thinks that this is It, the Big One, a real shoot-out, his chance to get himself a medal... Or just, you know, a crisis wherein his actions may make the difference between innocent people walking home and getting kidnapped. (Depending on just what motivations you ascribe to him.)

Of course, it would've been funny if someone ha jumped in before the gun-fight, to join in the beat-down.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012