Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Unwired based question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Wraith235
I am generally Very up on matrix 4A Rules and such ... but the other night I was running a matrix and ran into an issue

the issue refers to the Three musketeers Suite Sample IC in Unwired

the Gist of it is as follows ... Arthas, Porthos and Aramis , 1 Runs a track program, another attacks the Intruders Programs (determined Randomly) while the 3rd attacks the Icon Directly

Loading - Attackx2 and Track, all with the Ergenomic option

ok cool ... but wait theres an issue ... and I for the life of me cant find the rules anywhere aside from the small blurb stating

"Attack programs are hostile code carriers that attempt to kill processes,
introduce random input, create program faults, and otherwise try to
crash an icon or program. They are used in cybercombat"

Matrix Combat says nothign about Damaging programs ...

however the "Crash Program action" says the followiong

You initiate an attack on a running program that is not an agent, per-
sona, or other icon with a Condition Monitor. The target program
must be running in the same node as your icon or run by an icon that is
in the same node as your icon. Make an Opposed Hacking + Exploit vs.
the target’s Firewall + System. If you succeed, you crash the program,
which changes its status from running to loaded.

how can the three musketeer suite attempt to crash a users Program without the exploit program ?

if someone has a rule set that Ive overlooked somewhere with the option of Attack being used against programs please point me in the direction

edit: ok ... I think I found the issue ... Looks like Crash program was changed in SR4A to use Exploit and not be an extended test ....
so to reflect this would you suggest changing the musketeers programs to be Attack , Exploit , Track all with the ergenomic option ?
_Pax._
Congratulations, you found another CGL foot-in-mouth error. Change one of the Attack programs to Exploit, and it's fixed.
Bigity
Look for the official errata, due about the same time as well, about the time the Horrors have the mana levels to jump back in to play.
Yerameyahu
Oh god, what if errata *is* the horrors? And we've been begging for it all along!?

Honestly… shouldn't crashing programs use Attack? Exploit does enough already, and I feel like most people avoid cybercombat entirely. This would at least give them an additional incentive to get/load Attack. smile.gif
Wraith235
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ May 5 2012, 09:42 AM) *
Oh god, what if errata *is* the horrors? And we've been begging for it all along!?

Honestly… shouldn't crashing programs use Attack? Exploit does enough already, and I feel like most people avoid cybercombat entirely. This would at least give them an additional incentive to get/load Attack. smile.gif

it makes sense to me .... and a huge reason I searched for so long to find out why it wasnt attack
Naysayer
No worries.
The Horrors are fueled by blood.
The errata doesn't even get sweat poured into it.
It just causes tears...
Neraph
QUOTE (Naysayer @ May 6 2012, 03:29 PM) *
No worries.
The Horrors are fueled by blood.
The errata doesn't even get sweat poured into it.
It just causes tears...

So errata is what fuels ex-romantic partners?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012