Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mathematical Analysis of Daka
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Yerameyahu
Ah, in that case I just disagree, Aerospider. Cover happens, like fog.
Aerospider
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 10 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Ah, in that case I just disagree, Aerospider. Cover happens, like fog.

Fair doos
Yerameyahu
I halfway wish glitch chance *was* a separate constant, on a per-gun basis, but I know full well that this way madness lies. biggrin.gif
Strungest
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B-ccVvfxapeAdnBDTU11OC1NR00

Here you go. Searchable by filename. Have fun. Ill also take suggestions/give specific data to anyone who requests it.
UmaroVI
QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Oct 10 2012, 05:15 PM) *
I halfway wish glitch chance *was* a separate constant, on a per-gun basis, but I know full well that this way madness lies. biggrin.gif

If nothing else, it would be nice if all those guns whose flavor text says they are (un)reliable actually were. Giving them gremlins or anti-gremlins (+/- amount of 1s needed to glitch) would be a nice way of differentiating them, and it does make gun selection less obvious since reliability matters more the less good you are with the gun.
Yerameyahu
Yeah, though still a lot to keep track of. Hm.
Ryu
One could throw two differently colored dice and have the weapon jam in case of snake-eyes on those.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 11 2012, 04:35 PM) *
One could throw two differently colored dice and have the weapon jam in case of snake-eyes on those.

I was thinking that.

3 dice for your typical gun up to a max of your dice pool (if you're only throwing two dice, because of whatever reason, it's likely your gun will fail more often; I am ok with this). The remained of your dice pool filled out with different colored dice.

Reliable guns get +1/+2 of the "glitch" dice. Unreliable ones get -1/-2 dice.

Other skills use some "base" number (3?).

Then you can modify those values, or the resulting values, in various ways for things like gremlins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012