Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legalese for a pbp Post
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aria
This is possibly over cautious but in our 2072 pbp we are preparing a post that will take the form of a Jackpoint thread with shadow comments etc from the well known faces. If it was a table top game I'd think no more of it, it's just a player resource, but in this case do we need to add some sort of disclaimer about the use of the Fastjack handle etc? Have other people done this if they've NPC'd a canon figure?

Thanks
RelentlessImp
"Warning: The opinions expressed herein are not to be taken seriously, licentiously, or even fallaciously. All canon characters belong to their respective license holders, and are used under the Fair Use Policy Act 17 U.S.C. § 107."

Seems a little overzealous to put a disclaimer on some roleplay materials, though.
Grinchy McScrooge
QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Oct 31 2012, 11:51 AM) *
Seems a little overzealous to put a disclaimer on some roleplay materials, though.

Better safe than sorry. Some companies could give a rat's ass, but some will sue the pants off you just for looking at them cross-eyed. cyber.gif
Glyph
Using an NPC made for a game in that game would fall under "fair use", I would think. rotfl.gif
RdMarquis
Besides, they've statted quite a few of these characters out various books. I'm pretty sure if the Jackpointers weren't intended to be used in games, there wouldn't be any info on them.
_Pax._
QUOTE (Glyph @ Oct 31 2012, 10:48 PM) *
Using an NPC made for a game in that game would fall under "fair use", I would think. rotfl.gif

IANAL, but I tend to agree with this POV.
taeksosin
QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Nov 1 2012, 07:19 AM) *
IANAL, but I tend to agree with this POV.

Now see, I instantly translate that as iANAL, and then I start wondering when Apple demanded that you have your colonic map on file with them.
I blame the lack of sleep, and the hatred born of fixing the dang things for a living.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012