Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Would like to create 5th edition rulebook.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Shadow Prophet
QUOTE (Irion @ Dec 3 2012, 04:34 AM) *
@Shadow Prophet
For me personally the question is in which direction it will go. I won't be wasting time and energy in a project which will end bringing all the flaws of the 3. Edition in the 4. Edition.
Short: Thinking about a new System, yes.
Frankenrules: Thanks, but no thanks.

I do not know what Frankenrules is but I assure you I am not wasting my time on complex rules only I woiuld understand and appreciate. I am also way too busy to waste energy on a stupid project so I fully appreciate your sentiment. I will attempt to present it in a very clear fashion a bit like the engineering reports I do all the time.

To answer your question, the direction it will go is positiveland. I have taken the positive elements of both editions into account to create a new system that is flexible enough to fully enjoy the exotic flavors of Shadowrun fluff while simple enough to be intuitive and FUN. And this to me is essential.

Even if you hate it, I assure you there will be elements you find interesting and I desperately want to avoid hte flaws of 3rd edition. Those poor helpless gigantic trolls with Combat Skill 0.

Interested in my magic rules?

PS Despite my weird sense of humor in the posts, I assure you this will be serious and fun and not too time-consuming.
Irion
@Shadow Prophet
Frankenrules are rules which are stiched up using several systems, edition etc.

I will write you an PM this week, when I can offer some first ideas...
sk8bcn
I find the thread is derailing. You'd need at least a basic idea of how you make a roll.

Then see if you wanna stay classical or shake the system in his depth.

Want an exemple of deep shaking?

Attributes are scaled as before.
1-2 gives a base TN of 6
3-5 gives a base TN of 5
6-8 gives a base TN of 4
9+ gives a base TN of 3

TN can be modified by Severe injury (+1).

You roll [Skill] dices. You may default on attributes at TN 6.

You can re-roll 6 for more successes.

Modifiers change either:

1- Number of success requiered (1- easy, 2-moderate, 3-Hard, 4-very hard): eg: Medium distance (2 successes) + Cover (+1 success) = 3 successes requiered.
2- or are applied as additional dices or substracted dices (eg: Smartlink: +1dice).

Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Irion @ Dec 4 2012, 10:11 AM) *
@All4BigGuns
Sorry, but his ruling is not more silly than those promoted by others.

And this burns down to a point I bring up quite often: A good rulesystem makes up definition of what is stacking with what and to which extend BEFORE making up the gear.

Hence why a 5th edition should take fourth, tighten up the rules and be done.
Shadow Prophet
We are now up to 4 people. I would have preferred 5 or 6 but it's enough to start. I'll leave another week for someone interested to join and then I'll send the volunteers the rules. Thanks for those who are giving it a shot and door is open, especially for the sceptics and those who love the 4th rules.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Shadow Prophet @ Dec 9 2012, 12:08 PM) *
We are now up to 4 people. I would have preferred 5 or 6 but it's enough to start. I'll leave another week for someone interested to join and then I'll send the volunteers the rules. Thanks for those who are giving it a shot and door is open, especially for the sceptics and those who love the 4th rules.

I'm not sure if I ever said that I'd like to be included.
I vaguely recall thinking it, but I'm not actually sure I posted as such.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012