Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jobs-jobs-jobs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Udoshi
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jun 20 2013, 09:28 PM) *
Well, I don't think the PC culture is going anywhere that massively, so just writing "we're hiring young female white elves" in an ad would still be wrong. So the requirement would be "Charisma 7+, please" (in in-universe terms). If you're a human and make it, sure, welcome aboard.
Same with strength. You're a fully boosted human sammy? No prob, have this job most trolls would also get easily.

On a side note, If you do put this on, I'd make sure to mention that dice pool modifiers count, or balance it by dice pool.
For example, a charisma 6 human with biosculpting for +2 counts as pretty enough to pass the 7+

QUOTE (Fatum @ Jun 21 2013, 09:14 AM) *
Maybe a quality named something like Selection bias could work, specifying the bias and raising job availability for anyone not belonging...

I'd make it a situational bonus or penalty on the availability test to negotiate the job. Possibly one you can negate if you have, say, a fixer/headhunter company set you up with a position.

I'd also like to see a 'work for your tips' quality that randomizes your payouts a little bit.
Fatum
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 6 2013, 12:15 AM) *
On a side note, If you do put this on, I'd make sure to mention that dice pool modifiers count, or balance it by dice pool.
For example, a charisma 6 human with biosculpting for +2 counts as pretty enough to pass the 7+
Yeah, the note on implants and drugs and what have you counting for requirements is there already, as well as the bit on what happens if you stop satisfying the requirements (basically, you lose the job or are demoted)

I'd make it a situational bonus or penalty on the availability test to negotiate the job. Possibly one you can negate if you have, say, a fixer/headhunter company set you up with a position.
Well, Availability is already a parameter changed by job qualities, so I went with rising that by 6.

I'd also like to see a 'work for your tips' quality that randomizes your payouts a little bit.
Hm. -60% pay, 1d6x10% extra each time you get a wage?
ShadowDragon8685
Fatum - what is the Mosaic datahaven, is there a nice list of the posters and their writing style/personality/areas of interest/etcetera?
Udoshi
QUOTE (Fatum @ Jul 5 2013, 03:52 PM) *
Hm. -60% pay, 1d6x10% extra each time you get a wage?

Hmn. I'd say some sort of Profession Check would be in order. But not one easily breakable...

I'd say cut the pay by 10%. Roll straight Skill(bartending) or most-applicable-attribute(strength for moving stuff) with no penalties. 1's lower it by 5%, hits increase it by 5%. Total up final %age and apply it.
So you TEND to make average, but the dice can swing it either way.
If you're doing it realistically, say, for a restaurant waiter position, break up the rolls into four-per-month, to simulate a 'good week' or a 'bad week'

You should also make a Quarterly Bonus quality, one that gives a fairly sizeable bonus every few months you hold the job down. Typical management stuff.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 6 2013, 12:49 AM) *
Hmn. I'd say some sort of Profession Check would be in order. But not one easily breakable...

I'd say cut the pay by 10%. Roll straight Skill(bartending) or most-applicable-attribute(strength for moving stuff) with no penalties. 1's lower it by 5%, hits increase it by 5%. Total up final %age and apply it.
If you're doing it realistically, say, for a restaurant waiter position, break up the rolls into four-per-month, to simulate a 'good week' or a 'bad week'

You should also make a Quarterly Bonus quality, one that gives a fairly sizeable bonus every few months you hold the job down. Typical management stuff.

Gender and metatype and appearance should have a multiplier as well depending on the bar. I used to work in a dance club and strip club. On the dance club side tips for bartenders were pretty even for both male and female. Waitresses usualy did a bit better than the guys for those running drinks out to the tables.

On the strip club with female dancers you would never have waiters, just waitresses as it was expected and frankly tips went that way. Bartender behind the bar was again was fairly even though some female bartenders did pull in more. Again appearance changed... the same bartender working the dance club was more generic in appearance while the strip side she dressed a bit more flashy.
Fatum
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Jul 6 2013, 05:19 AM) *
Fatum - what is the Mosaic datahaven, is there a nice list of the posters and their writing style/personality/areas of interest/etcetera?
Mosaic is a canonic datahaven based on an abandoned oil rig off the coast of Vladivostok, you can read about it in the Russian section of Shadows of Asia.
alt.War project used to have a nice list of posters, but I ended up using my own, and those are rarely used more than a few times, as it was in the books from previous editions. You can see examples of Mosaic shadowposters both in Jobs-Jobs-Jobs and alt.War:Yakut Shuffle, if you want to stick to the names already used.

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 6 2013, 09:49 AM) *
Well there's the Doing Your Job optional rule already offered, that makes you roll Primary Attribute required + Primary Skill required vs 2, and if you beat it by 2 hits, you get a bonus...

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Jul 6 2013, 09:49 AM) *
Great idea. Actually, it could be just Uneven Pay to represent quarterly and yearly bonuses, depending on the rating taken.

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 6 2013, 12:52 PM) *
Gender and metatype and appearance should have a multiplier as well depending on the bar. I used to work in a dance club and strip club. On the dance club side tips for bartenders were pretty even for both male and female. Waitresses usualy did a bit better than the guys for those running drinks out to the tables.
I feel this to be going into a bit too much detail, the differences in payment can be represented by the job requirements and qualities.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012