Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exceeding the condition monitor (Phy)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Topper28
Hello Chummers!

Quick question for you rule geekz out there! On page 125 in 3rd. edtion (Thirteenth print) it states:

"Instant death occurs only if damage overflows the physical colomn by more than the character´s Body rating. Therefore a character can take 10 points plus their body rating in damage before they die."

Later on the book gives an example:

"Johnny Skeeky was shot real good. He took Deadly damage (10 boxes) and more. His Body rating is 5, and he took 3 extra boxes of damage. Johnny´s teammates are trapped and can´t get to him. So on the next Combat Turn after getting his deadly damage. Johnny loses another box; now he has only five Combat Turns to go before he has reached the maximum damage he can take. In the 5th Combat Turn, if Johnny hasn´t recieved help, his chummers will have to feed him to the rats"

The way I read this is this:

Johnny has taken a deadly wound plus he exceeds the condition monitor by three extra boxes. Giving him an overflow of three boxes. His Body rating is 5. Giving him a maximum og 5 extra boxes other than the monitors 10. Johnny only got 2 combat turns to recieve help before he´s rat food.

Do you guys agree, or am I reading it wrong??

If the book is wrong, what is the correct rule?

Helpz

Topper28
ShadoFall
U missed the part where it says "such a character tajes an additional box of damage every (body raiting) in combat turns for blood loss" since he has a body raiting of 5 and he has 2 boxes left in his over flow he would get 10 turns.. its on page 126 second line.
ShadoFall
okie forgive my spelling its late smile.gif
Topper28
Hep!!

Sorry, but I am still confused. (Silly Dane with no exceptional english language skills)

His monitor is filled out. (10 boxes) He has an overflow of 3 boxes. His maximum is 15 boxes due to his 5 body rating. Which leaves him with only 2 additional boxes before he dies right?

The way I read the reply is this:

For every 5 combat turns (due to 5 in body) gone by he loses another point. giving him 10 combat turns before he dies. But the example in the book states that he takes an additional box right after he has recieved the deadly damage. (box 14 i suppose)
why does he recieve the point right after? 5 combat turns hasn´t gone by?

Topper

RedmondLarry
Topper28, I think you've found an error in the book even though you have a 13th printing!

The author of the example must think that the character should take the first additional box on the first Combat Turn after passing Deadly, and every (Body) Combat Turns after that. But I don't read the rule that way.
ShadoFall
that is one of those things that comes to GM discression. the gm could decide that after taking 10 boxes of damage u take one box of over flow imiediatly afterwords on the next turn for the purpose of shock and so on. and then every (body) turns. or the gm could decide that u take 10 boxes wait (body turns) take a box.. i think tho as a gm i would apply the extra point imidiatly to push the importance for it. remember no rule is set in stone adjust them as u see fit. for example in my game consider the type of weapon they were hit with. and were it hit. for example say a player was hit by a called shot with a monosword to the neck with a troll at the other end of the sword. they fail to resist the damage and it gets staged up to deadly.. well sorry friend u dont get over flow damage u were just decapitated.
mfb
yeah. Johnny shouldn't start bleeding until the 5th combat turn after he takes his 13 boxes of damage, according to the rules.
Topper28
Well, I see your point about revising the rules myself. Will probably do it the way you do it. Thanx for taking time to help me out. Appreciate it hughly smile.gif

Topper28
Should the errata be reported?
ShadoFall
Thats up to u if u want to bring it to their attention.
Topper28
How does one go about doing that?
ShadoFall
go to www.srrpg.com and there should be some instructions there somewhere
Lilt
I'm sure that if you sent it to info@shadowrunrpg.com it would get to the right people.
Topper28
Done, I will post the remark here if such is a reply is given!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012