Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combat example?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TomPliss
Hey guys

I may need a "combat sample" :
Let's say an unarmed Orc Adept try to hit and random Ganger.

The Orc rolls his Agility + Unharmed (martial art) and score 6 hits.
The Ganger (not going full defense) rolls his Reaction + Dodge and score 3 hits.

So the Orc hits the ganger. (and notes 3 bonus hits)

The Orc adds theses 3 bonus hits with half his Strength (7/2 = 4) with the base damage for unarmed attack (1S) for a total of 8S. (yeap, he doesn't activate killing hands because he want the ganger alive)

Now, the Ganger has an armor of 8/6 and body of 6.
[FIRST EDIT HERE]
He rolls 6 on his damage reduction test. 8-6 = 2S damage taken.
[EDIT ENDS HERE]

And for his next attack, the Ganger will have no malus for his attack, because his first row isn't complete yet.

If the Ganger had 8 hits on his damage reduction test, he wouldn't get damaged at all ?

Please don't hesitate to tell me wherever i'm wrong, because I feel like I must be missing something, here ...
RHat
Armour isn't a straight subtraction - it is added to your soak roll. The Ganger rolls Body+Armour, and any hits subtract from the damage he takes.
Larsine
Base unarmed damage is (Str/2)S, not (Str/2) + 1S, so the total damage in the example would be 7S.

Having more armor that the base damage, just reduces the damage from P to S. If it's already S, then the armor has no additional effect (except for adding to soak roll).

Nothing wrong with the rest of the example, but a random ganger having body 6??? That's the human maximum!
TomPliss
OK, so nothing more for this ... thx guys ^^
moogoogaipan
If the ganger has an unarmed skill, add that to his reaction instead of dodge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012