Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Standard magic defense ?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TomPliss
Hey guys,

I have no difficulty designing physical protection for a factory, or a "fully physical" 'runners team to challenge my players. But when it comes to magic ... The system is quite complex, and I can't design something that would be a "normal" defense for a factory, for example.

What are the classic magic defense means that a little corp use ?
How would be protected the MagLev train between San Francisco and Seattle ?

Is there any guide to design magic defense in Shadowrun ?

Shaidar
Magical Defense of a site usually takes this form:

Wards (Basic Geometric shapes)
FAB in walls of High Security area
Watcher Spirits watching wards for disruption
Para-critter patrols (Dual-Natured) of security fence
Roving Watcher Spirits at the fences/walls - specifically watching for Astral presences (Mages/Spirits)
Para-botany species planted around the site
Physical Adepts added to High Security areas
Spirits as necessary (Add as response to Watcher Spirit report)
Mage running Support for Physical Security HTR team (second wave of personnel response)
Sporadic Physical Adept patrol routes of outer fences
On-Site Mage with Mage Sight system
Spirits on Patrol routes
Mage support for First Response Security Team

The lower on the list options are for more secure or higher Nuyen research facilities. Not every site will have all available options, but chances are rare that they will skip a cheaper security option in favor of a more expensive alternative.
TomPliss
nice list, thanks !
Mantis
If the site does no magic research then polluting the environment in some way to create a back ground count is also perfectly viable.
thorya
Another thread a while back about magical defense. I listed some options in a little more detail.

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...4&hl=thorya
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012