Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monofilament Whip vs. Hardened Armor
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Machiavelli
I just need to know if there is some ruling or if the whip works acc. to RAW?
Glyph
Why wouldn't it? AP modifiers are included in the description of hardened armor.
Sendaz
Indeed, so long as you are not facing something with a 12 or higher Hardened Armor (whip having 8DV plus -4AP in SR4, not seen SR5 version) you should be able to affect it.

Mantis
It shouldn't matter even if it is 12 or higher. The test to see whether you can punch through hardened armour includes your net hits on the attack test. So if they had 14 points of hardened armour, you would need 3+ net hits to punch through with the whip.
Machiavelli
I just thought there could be a special ruling e.g. like for dartguns agains hardened armor, or whips against barriers. Thanks for the quick answers.
Shinobi Killfist
In previous editions there used to be a special rule for hardened armor and the monofillament whip. I wish they had kept it.
Glyph
Monofilament whips in SR3 halved impact armor, but barriers counted as double. They are even worse against barriers in SR4, doing only a base DV of 1 (and weapons used against barriers ignore their AP rating).*

*Table on pg. 158 of SR4; not sure what page it would be in SR4A.
Umidori
QUOTE (Glyph @ Jul 8 2013, 11:36 PM) *
*Table on pg. 158 of SR4; not sure what page it would be in SR4A.

Page 166.

~Umi
Mantis
Yeah and projectiles and bullets suck too. But that has no bearing on how effective the monowhip is against hardened armour.
Umidori
It's just as effective as any other weapon, modifies it in the exact same way.

You're probably better off with SnS rounds, though.

~Umi
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012