Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Of Drones and the Sensor Test
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
GreatChicken
I've managed to stuff the necessary mods to a body 1 drone, inclusive of weapon, to give it enough intelligence to wander off and attack others by itself. However, I came across a very disturbing revelation.

Turns out that you need to make a sensor roll if the drone 'automatically' attacks. The drone currently only has sensor 1 (not very likely to hit anything), and the big issue is that 1 additional sensor level itself adds 12kg to the entire frame. The drone simply cannot carry anymore (or it is forced to drop it's weapon or it's Autosoft Intepreter).

Any solutions to this?

I've had no contact with Rigger 3, so I'm using Vehicle Shop (SR2 vehicle generator) stuff. If there are any inaccuracies, I stand corrected.

Thanks in advance.
mfb
get an autosoft interpretatin system and a clearsight autosoft. unfortunately, your max rating on the autosoft will be 1, giving you a whopping 2 dice for sensor tests. autosofts are sorta like skillsofts, but for drones.
Moonwolf
If a sensor test is being made with line of sight to the target, the TN is dropped by 3. For sensor enhanced gunnery, it drops by 4. Drones can shoot stuff when it's in front of them, just don't expect the body 1 drone to shoot through walls.
GreatChicken
Thanks, I'm not expecting it to do that. Just expecting an extra hand in battle that is about the size of a standard carbine rifle and can be carried in one's backpack.
Zazen
Sounds like this thing that I heard about on NPR yesterday. Well, minus the weapon.
Nikoli
Problem is, Clearsight cannot be used for combat tests as stated int he description of the autosoft.
BitBasher
For sensor enhanced gunnery, it drops by 4.
Er no... Drones can ONLY use sensor enhanced gunnery, nothing else. That's it.
Kagetenshi
But they can make Sensor tests without doing Sensor-Enhanced Gunnery nyahnyah.gif

~J
A Clockwork Lime
Clearsight is limited by the Pilot rating, not the Sensor rating as far as I can remember. Ideally, a Robotic Pilot 5 with Fuzzy Logic Algorithms 5 and Clearsight 5 will give it... well, more dice than most normal characters will ever be throwing. The range of the sensors won't be that fantastic, and it won't include some of the simple things like flare compensation, but the drone will be able to understand what it does see rather easily.
Bearclaw
For regular vision, isn't sensor 1 equal to a X10 magnification?
Kagetenshi
Nope, 50X.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012