Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR5 questions
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Terence
Hoi chummers,

I have a few more questions for SR5:

1) Does attribute boost (Body) increase the condition monitor? (see page 309)
"This only affects your dice pools" hints at NO, but it only specifies physical limit and initiative

2) Does simsense vertigo affect initiative? (see page 83)
"-2 to all tests" implies initiative is NOT affected, or is an initiative roll considered a test?

3) Does the intuition bonuses from cyberware and spells affect astral & matrix (VR) initiative? I'm looking at:
Synpatic Booster, Pain Editor, Decrease Intuition, Increase Intuition

4) Does Combat Paralysis affect cyber combat and astral combat? (see page 80)
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
I'll take a stab...

1. I would not think so.

2. I would not think so.

3. No... Physical Speed Enhancements would work for AR interfaces, but it is pretty clear that VR does not use such things. Astral Attributes being based upon Mental Attributes, however, would liklely benefit from Mental Enhancing 'ware. Of course, if you are Perceiving (rather than Projecting) and are in Astral Combat (Still possible, yes?) then you would of course benefit from your Physical boosts, sicne you are still reacting in the physical world (at least that is how it worked previously).

4. I have always said yes on this one. Regardless of where you involve yourself in combat, Paralysis still has an effect.
binarywraith
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 22 2013, 08:36 AM) *
I'll take a stab...

4. I have always said yes on this one. Regardless of where you involve yourself in combat, Paralysis still has an effect.

I would agree. Combat Paralysis is a psychological condition, not a physical one, so anything that registered as combat would set it off.
Darkraven
Prolly because I'm blind, I can find what the ()'d number next to Metatype in the Priority table mean. Can someone enlighten me?
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Darkraven @ Jul 22 2013, 04:10 PM) *
Prolly because I'm blind, I can find what the ()'d number next to Metatype in the Priority table mean. Can someone enlighten me?

Special attribute points, which can be distributed among Edge, Magic and Resonance.
Shemhazai
QUOTE (Darkraven @ Jul 22 2013, 12:10 PM) *

Those are the points you allocate to Edge, and another special attribute (Magic or Resonance) if you have one.
Darkraven
Thanks, like I said I'm prolly blind and just didn't see it in the book. nyahnyah.gif
RelentlessImp
QUOTE (Darkraven @ Jul 22 2013, 12:42 PM) *
Thanks, like I said I'm prolly blind and just didn't see it in the book. nyahnyah.gif

Here, I'll help you. Page 65, right column, second paragraph. Page 66, left column, first paragraph.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012