Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HANG ON!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
FuelDrop
An implanted cyberdeck has an availability of 5R. Flat 5R.
Likewise, no implanted commlink has an availability.

I'm thinking this might be a problem...
Stahlseele
why?
get a deltaware implanted deck for 5R and bajillion of nuyen nyahnyah.gif
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 2 2013, 06:59 PM) *
why?
get a deltaware implanted deck for 5R and bajillion of nuyen nyahnyah.gif

Why? because it means that a top-of-the-line deck is easier to get your hands on than most guns, but only if you get it implanted.
Doc Chaos
This has been discussed in another thread (which I sadly can't find at the moment). Consensus IIRC was 'This will probably be in the errata, in the meantime if your GM lets you loophole that way, lucky you.'.
White Buffalo
I've always ruled at my table that if there is a combination of availablity i take the worst of both worlds. For example in 4e a player was looking for Katana Weapon Focus, based on the focus rating it was easyer to find than the katana but cost more. So I charged Katana avialiability and Focus cost. No reason you coudn't do that with decks.
Jaid
QUOTE (Doc Chaos @ Aug 2 2013, 07:10 AM) *
This has been discussed in another thread (which I sadly can't find at the moment). Consensus IIRC was 'This will probably be in the errata, in the meantime if your GM lets you loophole that way, lucky you.'.

i don't think this specifically was discussed. we did discuss how it interacts with used 'ware in terms of price, but i don't think we ever really discussed availability.
SpellBinder
The way I look at it, the implant itself that holds the cyberdeck is availability 5R. You still have to get the cyberdeck that is going to be installed into that implant, which has its own availability.

Even in the SR4 version, I always saw the commlink implant as the housing, and the commlink itself as something that could be swapped out for something better down the road.
HugeC
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 2 2013, 01:56 PM) *
The way I look at it, the implant itself that holds the cyberdeck is availability 5R. You still have to get the cyberdeck that is going to be installed into that implant, which has its own availability.

Even in the SR4 version, I always saw the commlink implant as the housing, and the commlink itself as something that could be swapped out for something better down the road.

This.
Stahlseele
i don't think it works that way.
you don't get a hatch built into your skull that you can open for an upgrade.
SpellBinder
Then what decker in their right mind is going to get an implanted cyberdeck better than Standard grade, and could actually get a discount for getting a used cyberdeck instead. For 0.5 Essence & ¥262,500 you get an implanted Sony CIY-720, over ¥80,000 off the cost of the same cyberdeck you have to carry on you.
Elfenlied
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 2 2013, 09:03 PM) *
Then what decker in their right mind is going to get an implanted cyberdeck better than Standard grade, and could actually get a discount for getting a used cyberdeck instead. For 0.5 Essence & ¥262,500 you get an implanted Sony CIY-720, over ¥80,000 off the cost of the same cyberdeck you have to carry on you.

Not to mention you get to start with the Shiawase Cyber-5, which clocks in at around 417k.
SpellBinder
Yeah, thanks. Forgot about the reduced availability to used 'ware. Puts the Shiawase Cyber-5 at availability 11R & ¥415,781.25 of a starting character's Priority A ¥450,000 (before karma).

And if a decker decides to maximize karma for cash, that's another ¥100,000 to spend.
Voran
Yeah, so is an internal commlink or internal cyberdeck a "smuggler compartment in your head that you put a commlink/cyberdeck in". Or like the old "Cranial Cyberdeck"? I mean the headware blurb in the rulebook mentions 'constructed by less invasive nanosurgery" so are you 'slotting' a cyberdeck or is it being built from 'scratch' inside your head?

HugeC
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 2 2013, 02:53 PM) *
i don't think it works that way.
you don't get a hatch built into your skull that you can open for an upgrade.

It could look like this.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (Voran @ Aug 2 2013, 12:26 PM) *
Yeah, so is an internal commlink or internal cyberdeck a "smuggler compartment in your head that you put a commlink/cyberdeck in". Or like the old "Cranial Cyberdeck"? I mean the headware blurb in the rulebook mentions 'constructed by less invasive nanosurgery" so are you 'slotting' a cyberdeck or is it being built from 'scratch' inside your head?

Even in SR3 you could get a deck implanted into an cyber arm... forget brain surgery, I have tons of extra room in my peritoneal cavity.
SpellBinder
Sheesh, call me forgetful. Obvious Standard cyberhand with built in Shiawase Cyber-5 cyberdeck (all of it Second Hand): 0.3125 Essence & ¥419,531.25. And don't forget that the cyberdeck is also automatically hot simmed in all of this; an implanted sim module seems to have also mysteriously disappeared (like skinlinks and such).
X-Kalibur
Let's be reasonable... forearm.
Voran
Heh, you can have your own Pipboy, or omnitool.
Stahlseele
this was one of the few things that the cyberhead ever was usefull for.
get one, put a deck or/and a shit load of other dreck in there for capacity instead of essence and call it a day . .
Well, that and it makes you look like the terminator, which actually helped with intimidation under SR3.
and it lowered the damage level by one for a called shot to the head under SR3.
and it lowered the stress-level for headware of both bioware and cyberware i think. at least cyberware though.
and you could head-butt somebody to death with it. you could also armor it, but cyberlimb armor was useless under SR3.
KCKitsune
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 2 2013, 04:26 PM) *
Let's be reasonable... forearm.

Excuse me, X, the hand has a capacity of 4 and the cranial cyberdeck takes up 4 capacity, so therefore you can squeeze it into a cyberhand. You just don't have room for anything else.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Aug 3 2013, 12:43 AM) *
Excuse me, X, the hand has a capacity of 4 and the cranial cyberdeck takes up 4 capacity, so therefore you can squeeze it into a cyberhand. You just don't have room for anything else.

makes repairing it quite easy though.
simply get a second hand, remove the one with the deck, put on the one without the deck, repair it and swap back.
X-Kalibur
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Aug 2 2013, 03:43 PM) *

Ehh, I think about how small the hand is and that a deck is the size of a 2 playing card decks or so. Although some of that is relegated to display.
Voran
QUOTE (X-Kalibur @ Aug 2 2013, 05:49 PM) *
Ehh, I think about how small the hand is and that a deck is the size of a 2 playing card decks or so. Although some of that is relegated to display.

Yeah, I figure the deck size is due to display and ergonomics. If you put all the electronics into compact form, that 'i-pad' sized thing probably only takes a deck of cards or smaller space. Heck maybe matchbox sized.
SpellBinder
The artwork makes it look like it's at least 50% display screen, much like the current iPad and other such tablets. A lot of unnecessary volume for making it an implant.
Sendaz
If you are going with an implanted deck, wouldn't you just have it feed any visuals straight to your cybereyes or AR goggles anyway?
Lantzer
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 2 2013, 11:08 PM) *
If you are going with an implanted deck, wouldn't you just have it feed any visuals straight to your cybereyes or AR goggles anyway?

Only as a wireless bonus. grinbig.gif
Voran
QUOTE (Lantzer @ Aug 2 2013, 06:20 PM) *

Wireless touched me in a naughty place.
Sendaz
QUOTE (Voran @ Aug 2 2013, 07:24 PM) *
Wireless touched me in a naughty place.

So if I get a cyberdeck built into a bit of phallic cyberware would it be called a cyberd... nevermind. wink.gif

Oh and don't ask about how you plug it in for direct interface. nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 3 2013, 01:28 AM) *
So if I get a cyberdeck built into a bit of phallic cyberware would it be called a cyberd... nevermind. wink.gif

Oh and don't ask about how you plug it in for direct interface. nyahnyah.gif

i'm gonna fuck up their system but good!
*undoes beltbuckle*
SpellBinder
QUOTE (Lantzer @ Aug 2 2013, 05:20 PM) *
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 2 2013, 05:08 PM) *
Not necessary, I think. If it's DNI it can route the info straight into your brain. Kinda like just knowing an ARO is there, what it looks like...

Hey, just like a technomancer!
Sendaz
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 2 2013, 07:35 PM) *
i'm gonna fuck up their system but good!
*undoes beltbuckle*

*cue music from Deliverance*

RedNeckRun™
Elfenlied
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 2 2013, 11:44 PM) *
makes repairing it quite easy though.
simply get a second hand, remove the one with the deck, put on the one without the deck, repair it and swap back.

Get it as a used version... i.e. the second-hand version!

Badumm TS!
Voran
QUOTE (Elfenlied @ Aug 3 2013, 02:59 AM) *
Get it as a used version... i.e. the second-hand version!

Badumm TS!

I award you no points. And may god have mercy on your soul.

nyahnyah.gif
Ryu
Can I get a quote for the implanted deck please?
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Ryu @ Aug 3 2013, 02:30 PM) *
Can I get a quote for the implanted deck please?

I'll implant a Deck into you so hard a Comlink won't do it for you ever again?
Ryu
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 3 2013, 02:32 PM) *
I'll implant a Deck into you so hard a Comlink won't do it for you ever again?

Are you saying I have to fit your implant cyberdeck into my implant commlink slot?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (HugeC @ Aug 2 2013, 02:26 PM) *

I prefer the Scorpius Look Myself. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012