Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Implanted RCC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Lynchmob
In SR5 they have rules for implanted decks and implanted commlinks but I was wondering if they have in previous editions had rules for implanted RCCs. The issue I see being that RCCs are described being the size of a briefcase to which I ask - why? Cyberdecks are the size of a book and overall more capable. I know RCCs do some things decks can't but the size difference seems a little bit extreme. Maybe that's why decks are so much more expensive.
hermit
I do hope implanted RCCs return in the Rigger book. Or at the very least an option to put one into a cyberlimb.
SpellBinder
At least cyberdecks have a flat Essence/Capacity cost for implantation now. In SR3 they scaled up, with the top end model costing over 1 Essence to implant.
Skynet
QUOTE (Lynchmob @ Aug 9 2013, 12:04 PM) *
(...) The issue I see being that RCCs are described being the size of a briefcase to which I ask - why? (...)

The concealability-table lists them at -2, which equals light pistols, minidrones, flashpacks... and... cyberdecks.
Flaser
QUOTE (Skynet @ Aug 9 2013, 07:07 PM) *
The concealability-table lists them at -2, which equals light pistols, minidrones, flashpacks... and... cyberdecks.

So in the interim, we could treat this like an implanted commlink cost/essence wise? Neato.
SpellBinder
When the concealability is the same as a cyberdeck, then I'd say the added cost of an implanted cyberdeck instead of a commlink (commlinks are at -4, so should be considered noticeably smaller). Only a ¥3,000 & 0.2 Essence difference.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012