Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question regarding Program mods...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
LordArcana
Perhaps i missed it but i was looking through Unwired and i see you can add mods to programs but you have to first crack the copyright and then go through the hassle of programming to add things like ergonomic and such. My question is can you just buy a legit program with the effect already added?

Such as an Optimized, Ergonomic Browse?
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (LordArcana @ Oct 7 2013, 02:47 PM) *
Perhaps i missed it but i was looking through Unwired and i see you can add mods to programs but you have to first crack the copyright and then go through the hassle of programming to add things like ergonomic and such. My question is can you just buy a legit program with the effect already added?

Such as an Optimized, Ergonomic Browse?

No reason why you cannot do so...
LordArcana
Thank you Tymeaus... i just tried to do it in Chummer and it seemed to work. I wish i had known that before i finalized my character. I could have spent that remaining 1289 nuyen smile.gif
Dolanar
I hope you saved a back-up copy of your character from before starting career mode
forgarn
QUOTE (Dolanar @ Oct 7 2013, 07:16 PM) *
I hope you saved a back-up copy of your character from before starting career mode

I believe Chummer does this automatically.
Dolanar
if it does, it must be a setting you have to check manually, because mine never does, I always save a copy just in case.
forgarn
Options -> General -> Miscellaneous... third line down is "Create backup of character before moving them to Career Mode"
SpellBinder
If a backup copy is not available, there is a way to roll the Career mode save file back to Create mode.

First, you'll probably want to make a backup copy of the file, just in case. Once that's done open Notepad.exe > open *.chum file > locate line "<created>True</created>" (less the quotation marks) > change line to "<created>False</created>" (again without the quotation marks, & changing only what's underlined) > Save and Exit.
LordArcana
No i had not made a back up copy before i put it into career mode, but thank you SpellBinder for that tip and thank you Forgarn for the options tip as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012