Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character themed Problem
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 1 2014, 08:49 AM) *
if you consider going berserk a penalty, yes . .

I thought that was just standard character behavior when startled or excited. I mean, what's the difference between a berserk street sammie and one who's merely on kamikaze/jazz/K-10/cram/nitro?

I think there's a reason juicers are generally looked down on by other runners, now I come to think about it...
Stahlseele
the druggy gets better attribute boni out of it than the shark guy.
and the juicer will die in some months because of the addiction rules.
but otherwise, no, that's pretty much all there is to it in terms of difference.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 31 2014, 05:49 PM) *
if you consider going berserk a penalty, yes . .

I do, Yes...
Beaumis
Im going to agree here. Everything that makes you lose control of what you do is bad. Usually fun to play, but overall bad.
Glyph
Going berserk can range from a roleplaying quirk to something that genuinely endangers the character. It depends on how dangerous enemies are, and how time-sensitive combat is, in a given campaign.

Juicers are doable in Shadowrun, but (at least in previous editions) they are a suboptimal choice. They essentially boost their initiative and attributes temporarily, then crash, compared to someone with augmentations who has permanently boosted initiative and attributes. Combat drugs are more the province of cannon fodder security grunts, as opposed to the fast-response teams of heavier hitters.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012