I'm a bit of a data hound, and a while back when I started trying to find a comprehensive list of Shadowrun products I was a bit peeved to discover that there didn't seem to be any single list that contained what I needed. Also, many of the available lists contradicted one another or contained rather obvious errors. So I built my own.
The data sources used for this initially were:
- The products themselves (when available to me)
- The Matt Droz SR_Publish.pdf
- Wikipedia article: "List of Shadowrun Books"
- A few other internet sources that I've forgotten
A couple of explanatory notes:
- This doesn't include magazines, video games, board games, etc. It does include all printed books and electronic books that I know of.
- "Edition" is fairly self-explanatory. The value for novels was simply set to whatever the current edition of Shadowrun was at the time of publication.
- For "Genre" I used values that were meaningful to me.
- "Shadowrun Date" is the in-universe year (in books that span multiple years, the earliest one was used). Cases that I could confirm are in black. Inferences are in red text. Unknowns are blank (the cell is red). If anyone can tell me what some of these values should be (and if they're exact or inferred), I'd be grateful; this is the only column that has incomplete data. (For example, some products don't have a Shadowland / Jackpoint splash page, and later products don't have date stamps on the comments. Typically I set a date based either on the most recent reference to 20**, or in some cases was able to set one based on in-universe events. I simply haven't had time to manually go through all of them yet). Eventually I'll probably go through an set ballpark values to any that remain (it's pretty easy to get within + / - 1 year).
- "Published" is the year it was (wait for it...) published. Again, pretty straight forward.
Like I said, if anyone spots anything in need of correction or addition, I'll periodically check back and update the file. I'm also not familiar with Google Docs, so if any of this is shared goofy, just shoot me a heads up.
I think that's it. You're welcome to download, modify, use, etc. Go nuts. Enjoy.