Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Infected adept with sustenance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Uli
E. g. a vampire only needs to consume one third of the usual amount of blood - I'm leaning toward yes. As far as I know, the use of the sustenance spell is controversial.

What do you think? smile.gif The search function did not help, btw.
Sendaz
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1221656 has some interesting points.

The spell would probably help with the Dietary requirement of the Vamp, but will not help with the Essence side and it would still need to Drain someone.
Patrick Goodman
What Sendaz said.
Uli
Great link. Thanks for the help! spin.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jun 10 2014, 05:09 PM) *
The spell would probably help with the Dietary requirement of the Vamp, but will not help with the Essence side and it would still need to Drain someone.

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jun 10 2014, 06:49 PM) *
What Sendaz said.

What they said.

Also, I remember a few years back I asserted the same thing and it was violently opposed. It's amazing how viewpoints have changed around here.
Uli
I think I remember lurking in that thread. I couldn't find it anymore, but my insticts told me, that dumpshock would disagree with me. wink.gif Well, there went my preconceived notions.
binarywraith
I think the use of the Sustenance spell is only controversial when it is insisted that it removes or reduces the Essence Drain requirement. I personally feel it's kind of a cheeseweasel method of getting a power bump without paying the in-game price, and isn't really reflected in the in-game descriptions of how HMHVV works, but mechanically it seems sound.
Uli
Just to be clear: I only intend to use it for the blood/flesh requirement. smile.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (Uli @ Jun 18 2014, 09:35 AM) *
Just to be clear: I only intend to use it for the blood/flesh requirement. smile.gif

That's exactly the point I was raising. I think people somehow misinterpreted it despite me making no fewer than like seven posts about how I was meaning only the Dietary Requirement aspect, not the Essence Drain aspect.

Besides, for Essence Drain you can at the very least use your very own, self-made Renfield, although you wouldn't be able to use the power boost effect of Essence Drain. It'd be more to stave off Essence Loss.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012