i'm willing to re-write anything in it
love opinions

Safety Bubble
Advanced Meta Magic Technique
Prerequisite Meta Magic: Shielding
(Physical)
Cost f-2 x5 meters bubble size
Magic+Spellcasting

When the user casts Safety Bubble, a solid bright neon sphere appears. This sphere is softer then any pillow you've felt and completely impenetrable by knife, bullet, or automobile. When something hits the bubble it makes no sound and is soft enough to absorb any impact without damaging the item nor will it rebound it up & out. It could be used to catch a small item in the air like a weapon or datachip or summoned to catch a flying person or car. The bubble can not move and will be sustained until the user dismisses it or he/she is knocked out. Only one bubble can be summoned at a time. In the Astral the bubble also appears but has the properties of a bubble and is 'pop-able' through an attack. The force x2 spent is the bubble's damage track before it actually pops. Any creature in the astral has the option of passing threw the bubble without popping it. On a side note, each magician's bubble is unique by sight in the physical and astral to that magician and is near impossible to make change. if it's popped instead of dismissed it will leave a strong mark in the astral that will remain hazy for force x 30 minutes.

so basically if you see someone knocked off a building, you can use this spell to catch them right before they hit the ground. or see some vital being knocked away and catching it. It can also be used to make a make shift bed to have someone sleep on, besides the user, if someone's very injured and needs a clean surface/bed to lay on.

I thought it should be regarded as an Advanced Meta-Magic Technique and therefore not for the newest conjurers.

slot & run chummers
Temperance
Honestly, this sounds more like a spell than a metamagic.

-Temperance
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (Temperance @ Jul 29 2014, 07:49 AM) *
Honestly, this sounds more like a spell than a metamagic.

-Temperance

This is the horrible Slow spell from War! Just as a Metamagic instead. frown.gif

Wanna keep someone from falling, or have a soft spot to lay upon, use Levitate.
Wanna not take damage, use any number of spells.

I do not like this particular Metamagic Technique. Feels like trying to game the system. I mean really... per the description, you take no damage from any physical attacks (Impenetrable shield - Hey, look at me I am immune to Thor Shots now). It is Just broken.
Curator
ahh all good points

it was an idea, that's why i posted it.

but true, it doesn't hold up.

oh well.
KarmaInferno
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Jul 29 2014, 09:54 AM) *
This is the horrible Slow spell from War!

Slow would not have been nearly as bad if it only affected relatively slow moving objects like falling human bodies.

-k
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 29 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Slow would not have been nearly as bad if it only affected relatively slow moving objects like falling human bodies.

-k

True, to a degree...
Draco18s
Or if it acted like a divisor, the same way Movement does. Bullets would be slowed but not stopped (reduced DV?) whereas cars would be unaffected (too much mass).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012