Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hyperspectral and Cryptochromatic Sensors
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hermit
Recently, I've been poring through Sensor functions, and came across Hyperspectral, Cryptocrhomatic and other sensor functions from Spy Games. They can be found in a table on p. 155, detailing their price and availability.

But what do they do? I couldn't find anything. Like, at all. So, has this ever been cleared up, am I looking in the wrong book, or is just a mystery never to be resolved?
Mantis
There is a little paragraph on the hyperspectral on pg 152. Seems you can use it to look for buried bodies or something. In the same paragraph it explains cryptocromatic, which can see magnetic fields. Game effect? You see weird stuff I guess.
Edit: It is the second paragraph on pg 152, right after the stuff about microwave radar.
apple
Just because: the layout of Spy Games and Attitude is an atrocity.

SYL
hermit
Edit: It is the second paragraph on pg 152, right after the stuff about microwave radar.

Ah, thank you. I looked in thw rong place then. Too bad the effects are not remotely defined ... ah well. As apple says.
Method
I think there was some sort of design goal with Spy games to present new McGuffin technology in a way that harkened back to the early Shadowtalk where people would post crazy shit and there was no definitive crunch text to tell the GM what was "real" and what was street legend. But the end result was... fail.
Mantis
The old books still made plain what was fluff and what was crunch. Burying the, admittedly limited, crunch of Spy Games in the fluff is just a terrible idea. I want the stats for gear in a stat place along with the game effect. The fluff gets read once or twice but crunch is constantly referred to and needs to be in a central place in the book. I suggest they go with something crazy like Game Information. wink.gif
Method
Oh I agree 100% (as evidenced by my modest contrabution to the line). One of the things that I don't like about recent books is the blurred lines between fluff and crunch. The SR5 core rule book is a prime example.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012