Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyberskulls
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Buzzed
I was reading my books a lot lately. The more I read them, the more the intimidation skill calls out to me.

So who here likes cyberskulls, and who here doesn't?

Installed with red cybereyes for that cool terminator look seems tempting.

Is there any way I can sacrifice the ECU's in cyberlimbs to get a terminator limb look?
Cray74
I like cyberskulls for protecting large amounts of headware and, of course, on the just-for-fun "full borgs" I make.

As for the "terminator limbs"...what makes you think natural looking cyberlimbs aren't like that already? You know: a layer of myomer artificial muscles and artificial skin [1] over electromagnetic pistons and a metal frame.

[1] I know the Terminator's faux flesh ain't faux, but in SR if you have a cyberlimb, it's going to be fake flesh if it's within the rules. I think.
DV8
A related question; Last sunday, during our game, I was trying to find the legality code of a cyberskull, and I couldn't find it in Man & Machine. Can someone toss me a page reference or something? Thanks.
hobgoblin
m&m p. 155, legal...
DV8
Damnit!

* DV8 takes his Evil GM hat off and goes back to the drawing board.
BaronJ
Why wouldn't ugly, essentially useless cyberware be legal? It's not like Arms are illegal (Sorry, Mister Amputee, you're not cleared to have a new arm implanted, sorry. Perhaps if you'd not been such a drekhead, you'd not be in this prediciment.) Same for Cyberskulls. I can see implated weaponry being illegal, as possession almost equals intent. Everything else, legal; why not?
Cray74
QUOTE (BaronJ)
Why wouldn't ugly, essentially useless cyberware be legal? It's not like Arms are illegal (Sorry, Mister Amputee, you're not cleared to have a new arm implanted, sorry.  Perhaps if you'd not been such a drekhead, you'd not be in this prediciment.)  Same for Cyberskulls.  I can see implated weaponry being illegal, as possession almost equals intent.  Everything else, legal; why not?

Not all cyberskulls are exposed. Synthetic cyberskulls are pretty concealable - they're mostly a variant of bonelacing.
Fortune
QUOTE (Cray74)
Not all cyberskulls are exposed. Synthetic cyberskulls are pretty concealable - they're mostly a variant of bonelacing.

Why should that make them any less legal?
Cray74
QUOTE (Fortune)
Why should that make them any less legal?

Oops, I didn't mean to imply lowered legality just because the synthetic cyberskulls were concealed. I was just addressing the implication that all cyberskulls were obvious and exposed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012