Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Run Faster errata sheet posted
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Patrick Goodman
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24596.0

Sorry for the delay.

It's not pretty, but it's complete. For now, at least; we haven't stopped working on the book, but we had a tight deadline.

It's saved as an attachment to the linked forum thread for the time being.
Trillinon
Thank you for your efforts.

I don't mind that it isn't pretty. Prefer it, even.
tisoz
Eun, lol, about errata.

Sorry, but it is too ironic.

it's fixed!
Glyph
So the major revision to 'shifters we have been hearing about (silver allergy, dual-natured and regeneration all back) is postponed to a later errata? The bit about free contact/knowledge Karma for point build and life modules is a huge change, though.
Sengir
QUOTE (Glyph @ Apr 2 2017, 06:29 AM) *
So the major revision to 'shifters we have been hearing about (silver allergy, dual-natured and regeneration all back) is postponed to a later errata?

Pegasus already tried to get regeneration et al. added back for the translated version, CGL said "nope". File it under ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and celebrate a long list of other bugs getting squashed.

PS: I assume the updated PDF will come some time around the shipping date of the new printing?
Ed_209a
Do I need to have an account on Shadowruntabletop to download that errata?

Is there another way to get it?
Mantis
I think you do. I couldn't get it until I logged in. Kind of annoying really.
Sengir
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Apr 3 2017, 02:40 AM) *
Do I need to have an account on Shadowruntabletop to download that errata?

Is there another way to get it?

Looks like it, but I'm assuming Patrick is fine wit this being shared: http://docdro.id/WOltpUE
Patrick Goodman
Some of the shifter errata was not given final approval. I was overruled; the line developer has that option. It's still listed as "Provisional" in the forum post, and will remain so, but ultimately it wasn't my call.

And Patrick absolutely does not mind it being shared far and wide.
Sengir
QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Apr 3 2017, 07:15 PM) *
Some of the shifter errata was not given final approval. I was overruled; the line developer has that option. It's still listed as "Provisional" in the forum post, and will remain so, but ultimately it wasn't my call.

I really don't think shifters are a big issue, because there is no inconsistency or anything unclear about how they should work: Everybody I know agrees they should have have the "old" abilities wink.gif
Prime Mover
Already put abilities back in my home game too. Not a clue why they felt need to retcon shifters.
Still waiting on some official rules for HV weapons, Cyberzombies and FAB. frown.gif

SpellBinder
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Apr 23 2017, 05:58 PM) *
Already put abilities back in my home game too. Not a clue why they felt need to retcon shifters.
Would be doing the same here, too. Maybe someone up top felt that shifters were too powerful with Regeneration? wink.gif
Prime Mover
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 24 2017, 06:42 AM) *
Would be doing the same here, too. Maybe someone up top felt that shifters were too powerful with Regeneration? wink.gif

Had that thought too till saw the creation upgrade infected got, which also includes regeneration.
Also have a long established shifter in game and would feel like an unessacery ret con to take abilities he's used for years.
Glyph
Infected got gimped, too - much lower Attribute bonuses, and they don't start out with their more powerful abilities (such as regeneration), but have to buy them during the game with Karma. Also, allergies tend to be more severe, and the ones with Essence drain face a precarious balancing act - Magic loss (technically they have to pay some Karma to "reconnect" to their previous Magic rating) if their Essence gets too low, but the risk of addiction if they drain too much.
cndblank
QUOTE (Sengir @ Apr 12 2017, 03:46 PM) *
I really don't think shifters are a big issue, because there is no inconsistency or anything unclear about how they should work: Everybody I know agrees they should have have the "old" abilities wink.gif

Agreed.

Running around with no armor is a quick way to get DEAD unless you have regeneration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012