Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wasteland Blues (OOC)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack_Spade
Resist: 7d6t5 3
No dice
Bastard
Karmakaze will delay action, since she wouldn't have known a spirit was going to materialize right behind her. Drawing weapon in IC for fluff.
Mulcarn
@Bastard - What initiative score are you delaying your action to? Or are you only drawing your weapon for the first IP?
@Derfmancher - Where is Aeron currently? On the ride back with Titan or somewhere else?

Control Tower Mage is going to summon some backup.
Summoning Force 4 Fire Spirit: 8d6t5 3
Spirit Resistance: 4d6t5 2
Drain Resistance: 9d6t5 3

Force 4 Fire Elemental summoned with 1 service. Optional Power of Fear.
Control Tower Mage takes 1 box of stun drain.

The two elementals that materialized will be using their physical initiative.
Lesser Air Spirit - Initiative: 10+2d6 22
Lesser Fire Spirit - Initiative: 9+2d6 15

Initiative Order Pass 2

Harbinger - 15: Lightning Bolt on Lesser Fire Spirit
Lesser Air Spirit - 12: Air Engulf on Karmakaze
Karmakaze - 10: Burst Fire on Lesser Air Spirit
Jaws - 8: Action Pending
Lesser Man Spirit - 7: Materialize in the air facing Harbinger
Lesser Fire Spirit - 5: Disrupted
Control Tower Mage - 0: Nothing
New Fire Spirit - ???: Not part of combat yet
Bastard
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 8 2017, 09:47 AM) *
@Bastard - What initiative score are you delaying your action to? Or are you only drawing your weapon for the first IP?

Delaying until another spirit arrives. My pulling weapon is part of my next action, it was just in there for fluff.
Jack_Spade
Harbinger switches from astral to mundane sight and tries to take out the fire spirit with a lightning bolt:
Lightning Bolt F8: 14d6t5 3 [14d6t5=2, 2, 1, 4, 6, 5, 5, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 1, 2]
Drain resist: 11d6t5 6
No Drain
Elemental:
Defense: 10d6t5 4
But the bastard handily evades.
Mulcarn
The air elemental will try to engulf Karmakaze and it has superior positioning due to it being behind her while attacking.
Air Engulf: 11d6t5 0

That spirit might be a little brain damaged...
Bastard
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 9 2017, 07:45 AM) *
The air elemental will try to engulf Karmakaze and it has superior positioning due to it being behind her while attacking.
Air Engulf: 11d6t5 0

That spirit might be a little brain damaged...

What an airhead.

Karma turns and fires two burst fires from Ingram Smartgun X:
2 BF at Air Elemental with ISX: 13d6t5 2 13d6t5 4
Mulcarn
You only get one attack per IP. (Unless using the Multiple Attacks action but that's a whole other can of worms) Did you want to spend your other simple action to Take Cover?

Defense: 8d6t5 3
Airhead manages to dodge.
Gilga
Jaws would strike the fire elemental with his killing hands. (he has 20 dice - and I am subtracting 2 for BGC).

Killing hands + striking calluses (2 BGC assumed): 18d6t5 6

For most people this is going to burn... so I'll roll damage resistance from touching the fire elemental.
Damage resist: 35d6t5 9
Bastard
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 10 2017, 09:22 AM) *
You only get one attack per IP. . .
Did you want to spend your other simple action to Take Cover?

Sorry. Most of my experience is SR1 and SR3. I thought BF got two shots.

Edited my IC post to only one burst fire.

Yes, simple action to take cover.
Mulcarn
Sorry for the delay. Been swamped at work because it's the holidays. I'll have a post up later tonight.
Mulcarn
Lesser Fire Spirit - Defense: 10d6t5 5
Lesser Fire Spirit - Damage Resistance: 4d6t5 0

The fire elemental goes down in one hit and you soak through it's energy aura.

Mulcarn
The spirit of man will materialize in the air facing Harbinger.
Initiative: 8+2d6-20 -4

Initiative Order Pass 3

Harbinger 5: Lightning Bolt on Air Spirit
Lesser Air Spirit 2: Mass Accident
Karmakaze 0: Nothing
Jaws -2: Nothing
Lesser Man Spirit -4: Nothing
Control Tower Mage -10: Nothing
New Fire Spirit - ???: Not part of combat
Jack_Spade
Harbinger tries again to take out the Air Spirit:
F9
Lightning Bolt: 14d6t5 3
Drain resist: 11d6t5 4
No Drain

Spirit of Air Defense: 10d6t5 5

Yeah. This is not going well.
Mulcarn
The air elemental will use it's Accident power on Jaws, Karmakaze and Harbinger.

Accident: 6d6t5 3

Resist with Reaction + Intuition.
Mulcarn
Combat Turn 2 Pass 1. Re-roll initiative.

Harbinger 33: Lightning Bolt on Air Spirit.
Lesser Air Spirit Initiative: 10+2d6 16: Disrupted
Lesser Man Spirit Initiative: 8+2d6 15: Action Pending
Jaws 14: Action Pending
Control Tower Mage Initiative: 6+1d6 12: Action Pending
New Fire Spirit ???
Jack_Spade
Ini Round 2: 17+4d6 33

Resist Accident: 11d6t5 5

No Accident.

@gilga
Your melee attack will get you some burns from the elemental aura

Anyway, time to finally knock out one of those spirits: F10 Lightning Bolt
Lightning Bolt: 14d6t5 6
Drain resist: 11d6t5 6
No Drain

Spirit defense: 11d6t5 4
Spirit Soak: 3d6t5 0

Spirit kaput
Gilga
I had 9 hits in the soak roll - I think it covered that problem.

reaction + intuition: 12d6t5 5
Initiative: 12+1d6 14
Mulcarn
@Jack - I assume you were aiming for the air spirit, right?

Edit: Never mind I just reread the IC post.
Mulcarn
I went ahead and rolled for Karmakaze's initiative.
Initiative: 9+3d6 23

Harbinger 33: Lightning Bolt on Air Spirit
Karmakaze 23: Burst Fire at Man Spirit
Jaws 14: Sniper Shot at Man Spirit
Control Tower Mage 12: Commanded Fire Elemental to fight
Fire Elemental: 6: Materialize in front of Harbinger
Bastard
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Dec 25 2017, 09:14 AM) *
I went ahead and rolled for Karmakaze's initiative.

Sorry... didn't realize you were waiting on me.

Karma will fire another pointless burst fire at the remaining spirit, because that is all she can really do.
BF at Air Elemental with ISX: 13d6t5 3
Mulcarn
Lesser Man Spirit
Defense: 7d6t5 2
Damage Resistance: 10d6t5 2

The spirit soaks 2 damage and gets 3 auto-hits from Immunity to Normal Weapons.
Totaling for 4 Physical damage.
Mulcarn
Lesser Man Spirit will try to influence Jaws into attacking Karmakaze.
Influence: 5d6t5 4
Resist with Willpower + Logic.
Gilga
Resist influence: 8d6t5 4
Mind tricks did not work, but now Jaws is really pissed off.

He'll fire at the spirit with his sniper rifle.
Fire at spirit: 17d6t5 7

Mulcarn
Defense: 8d6t5 1
Damage Resistance: 4d6t5 0
And pop goes the spirit!

Control Tower Mage will command his brand new fire elemental to join the fight.
Because the spirit is joining the fight after it started he'll have a -10 initiative penalty. (I need to reread that section in the CRB later when I get the chance)
Astral Initiative: 8+3d6-10 10

The spirit will use a free action to 'run' next to Harbinger and a complex to materialize one meter in front of him.
Initiative: 10+2d6-10 6
Mulcarn
Combat Turn 2, Pass 2

Harbinger 23: Action Pending
Karmakaze 13: Action Pending
Jaws 4: Action Pending
Control Tower Mage 2: Action Pending
Fire Elemental -4: Nothing
Jack_Spade

Lightning Bolt F9: 14d6t5 5 vs. Elemental

Spirit Defense: 10d6t5 0

Spirit Soak: 4d6t5 1

Resist drain: 11d6t5 3

No Drain, spirit gone

Bastard
Karma will shoot at the fire elemental if she is able. The IC says Harbinger sees it, so I am not sure Karma does or does not.

BF at Fire Elemental with ISX: 13d6t5 4

If needed:Perception, does Karma notice fire elemental?: 12d6t5 4

If not, then she will just move for cover. I will post IC after reply.
Mulcarn
@All - With Harbinger disrupting the newly summoned fire elemental the tower mage will freak out and run away. He'll slide down a ladder and retreat further into the CZ. Excellent fighting everyone!

@Jack - Not that it matters or changes anything but the fire elemental was Force 4.

@Bastard - Harbinger one-shotted the spirit with an F9 lightning bolt. There's nothing to shoot. And you didn't need to roll perception to see the spirit, thanks anyway though.

Has anyone heard from Derfmancher at all?
Jack_Spade
I'd suggest running Derfmancher's PC as an NPC for the moment and have him leave the story at an opportune moment.
Mulcarn
I'll give it one more day and If I don't hear anything from either Titan or Derfmancher then they are both getting NPCed.
Titan
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Jan 2 2018, 03:45 PM) *
I'll give it one more day and If I don't hear anything from either Titan or Derfmancher then they are both getting NPCed.

Titan and Aeron are already out of the game. Titan dropped Aeron off after the rest of the team bailed without even getting contact info.

Titan was the only one to do that.

And Titan turned off all his gear, and isn't reachable even if anyone could think to ask Quantum Princess now.

How is that recruiting going, by the way? Find anyone willing to play with Gilga or Jack_Spade yet? nyahnyah.gif
Jack_Spade
What a sunny disposition to start the new year with... smile.gif

Mulcarn
Nobody new yet but you never know. And actually that gives me an idea... I'll need to do some at home testing and writing but I think Titan may have unintentionally added a new layer of fun for the guys IC.
Titan
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jan 2 2018, 04:24 PM) *
What a sunny disposition to start the new year with... smile.gif

I'll tell you, every day is a sunny day after you pass your one year anniversary of surviving cancer. cool.gif
I'll also tell you that having a brush with death that strong teaches you to no put up with all the selfish pricks in the world. Not worth the stress.

QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Jan 2 2018, 04:29 PM) *
Nobody new yet but you never know. And actually that gives me an idea... I'll need to do some at home testing and writing but I think Titan may have unintentionally added a new layer of fun for the guys IC.

And why not? They have made a reputation of fun at other players expense. nyahnyah.gif Might as well continue the tradition.
Jack_Spade
I have to admit, I have absolutely no idea what your problem is with me.
I just reread the IC and OOC and haven't found one instance that would justify the label "selfish prick" - unless calling "shotgun" ingame for one of the few available car seats counts as selfish.
Mulcarn
At any rate, I'm glad you're doing okay but could you stop posting in my campaign since you're not interested in playing. That way you can be both cancer and game free.
Bastard
Titan
/me grabs popcorn

This is getting interesting.

I can't wait to see how the GM justifies anything surviving an accident that kills Titan instantly.

(12 Physical Condition Monitor and 8 Overflow means a minimum of 21 points of damage. With 31 dice to resist damage, that is 10 hits statistically, but even if we use "buying hits" calculation of 7 that means a minimum DV of 28 for the accident.

Even the SUV, the toughest piece of gear, doesn't survive that accident in any way.)

It looks like the GM trashed everything with a spiteful post.

This is turning into a great case study on everything wrong with DumpShock RP. biggrin.gif
Mulcarn
Titan forgot to wear his seat belt.
Titan
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Jan 6 2018, 01:32 PM) *
Titan forgot to wear his seat belt.

None of the tech has a seatbelt either....
(Not to mention all the protective 'ware that Titan has.)

Gonna try again? wink.gif
Jack_Spade
Actually, all you need is stun damage which the vehicle ignores and can turn the driver into a squishy paste. Say, colliding with a big mound of snow.
Titan
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Jan 7 2018, 04:21 PM) *
Actually, all you need is stun damage which the vehicle ignores and can turn the driver into a squishy paste. Say, colliding with a big mound of snow.

That is pretty absurd.

Stun converts to Physical at 2 to 1. So that would be 42 Stun needed to kill instantly.

That is on top of the 11 needed to fill the Stun condition Monitor.

So that is a minimum DV of 53.

Now, as the SUV would be the ramming vehicle, it would only have to suffer half the damage done, so that raises the DV to 106.

All without taking any of Titan's resistance rolls into account.

That is impossible for the SUV to get to.

But go ahead and spend much more energy trying to kill my character off, than you ever did trying to work with the character.

It is amazing to watch the anti-social environment here. If you ever wondered why the three new players that started in a game during the last year* aren't playing any more... This is a prime example.

You can rest your heads well tonight, knowing that you are flawless, and it is only everyone else that has the problem. wink.gif

*That is out of the eight to ten new players that showed any interest in games here.
Mulcarn
There were a lot of critical glitches involved in that crash. Also, go away. Everyone here has grown tired of your childish demeanor and your disrespectful attitude. You've shown little interest in doing anything but whining and pouting when things don't go your way. Not only that but you've gone out of your way to make this a wretched experience for every other player who wants to actually play the game. I'll repeat myself, for your benefit, stop posting in my threads.
Bastard
Maybe Titan had a brain aneurysm that suddenly burst from the rising blood pressure brought on by the stress of having to work with such unprofessional, selfish and inconsiderate players and player-characters on this sad team. He was the most awesome and thought out character I had ever seen, and the fact that none of us appreciated and acknowledged that supremacy, it is no wonder he was so stressed. Especially after he tried so hard to remain cordial and friendly with all of us after all of our transgressions. We should all be ashamed of ourselves.
Mulcarn
Sorry for my absence. I've been very sick with the flu for nearly a week now. I think I'm mostly over it by now.
Bastard
No problem. My house had some sort of thing too, mine compounded by asthma, and my wife and kid ended up with walking pneumonia.
Bastard
We still around?
Jack_Spade
I'm still here smile.gif
Mulcarn
Laptop died on me shortly after I got over the flu. I'm still here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012