Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Titan
From IC Post #41

{Original Post:
[ Spoiler ]
}

Perception: 11d6t5: 5
Judge Intentions: 7d6t5: 4

Trying to get a read on who is "normal," and who doesn't really fit - like the Johnson.

Ideally, Titan will take a table that hasn't been bused yet, but barring that he will pick a table with a decent view of the most occupants.

Switch off silent, the Control Rig is on the local grid.

Matrix Perception: 5d6t5: 1

Looking for the number of silent icons in the area (1 hit required)

Switch to silent running again.

Switch off silent running.

Matrix Perception on the group. I'll allow Mulcarn to determine order, if necessary. Grabbing, in this order:
1) Commcode
2) Grid they are using (Most likely Public, maybe Local)
3) Device Rating

Matrix Perception * 5: 5#5d6t5: 5 # 1 [5d6t5=3, 2, 2, 3, 6] 0 [5d6t5=3, 4, 4, 4, 3] 3 [5d6t5=6, 4, 6, 5, 2] 1 [5d6t5=6, 2, 4, 2, 2] 0 [5d6t5=1, 1, 4, 2, 4]

Looks like 2 failures
3 Commcodes
1 Grid and Device Rating on one of the gained Commcodes.

Trying again on the two failures:
Matrix Perception * 2: 2#3d6t5: 2 # 1 [3d6t5=2, 3, 5] 1 [3d6t5=1, 5, 2]

There we go. Commcodes on all. Grid on 2, and Device Rating of 1.

Switch on silent running again.

Computer Die Pool is 5, so I'm just going to buy a Hit for all the following actions:

Make a new folder for each of the expected Runners. Initially named Troll, M.Elf, F.Elf, Ork, and Dwarf. They will eventually be renamed by eavesdropping and / or introductions.
Move the stills for each to the respective folder.
Make a visual copy of their Commlink Icon.
Start a file listing any other notes I catch, such as Commcode and the like. That will be turned into a dossier later when Titan can do some Matrix Searching.

I'm going to go ahead and roll for the Matrix Perception check(s) on the Johnson.
Different priorities, though:
1) Grid s/he is on
2) Commcode
3) Device Rating

Matrix Perception: 5d6t5: 1
Matrix Perception, try again : 3d6t5: 0 [3d6t5=3, 2, 2]

Bleh. Not meant to get Commcode... Oh well. Maybe later.
Dropped.
Titan
From IC Post #44

{Original Post:
[ Spoiler ]
}

In reality, he is completing the surveillance, grabbing any stills he may have missed, as well as looking for obvious cyberware. Obvious cyberware is noticeably lacking in the group, so he begins assessing his role as "tech-head" until further notice.

Dropping any surveillance on the Johnson. She isn't as anonymous as expected. But it does explain why the dice refused to give me any info off of her. nyahnyah.gif
Titan
From IC Post #49

Perception check: 10d6t5: 3

Switch silent running off on the Control Rig. Make two Matrix Perception checks, one on the Meta Link, and one on the Control Rig to check the number / style of Marks gained. I expect to see some that are Quantum Princess's, but if there is more than one source, and / or more than three extra, we have uninvited guests. Any extra hits will be used to get the count of silent icons in the area to see if there are more than before.
Matrix Perception * 2: 2#5d6t5: 2 # 3 [5d6t5=3, 5, 6, 2, 6] 1 [5d6t5=4, 2, 1, 6, 4]
Switch to running silent again.
Mulcarn
Quick heads up I've been absent for work related reasons. I'm off on this Wednesday through Saturday. So i'll have the time then to respond and get everything caught up. Internet has stabilized as far as I can tell and it shouldn't be a problem anymore.
Derfmancher
Annnnd ill not be around this Wed-Tues as I am flying out for Gencon tomorrow.
Titan
QUOTE (Derfmancher @ Aug 15 2017, 08:10 AM) *
Annnnd ill not be around this Wed-Tues as I am flying out for Gencon tomorrow.

Good for you! Enjoy yourself, and thanks for the heads up.
Derfmancher
And I am rather surprised to find I missed absolutely nothing.
Gilga
From Mulcarn:
Sorry i've been absent again. Hurricane Harvey hit harder than I expected. Good news is that it didn't kill me. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Harvey

Titan
"GET THE DOC IN HERE!!!"

"We need someone to declare T.O.D." I think as I look down at the cold corpse of this game.
Mulcarn
Haha... Wasn't even a graceful form of death. Died like an old man having a heart attack while trying to open a jar of pickles. I have an idea to breath a spark of life back into this husk. If I have the time tonight or tomorrow evening then yeah I'll pick things back up where I left off.
Titan
We should probably start be getting a head count of who is still looking in on this game.

I mean, how many will even drop a message here in the next couple of days?
Bastard
one.
Jack_Spade
Mulcarn
I guess I can wait one more day for the rest to chime in. I don't want to wait to long because the longer I put off writing the next part the more I'll want to procrastinate.
Mulcarn
My searches aren't finding the campaign's IC. Can someone post a link if possible?

EDIT: Never mind I found it. Ignore this post.
Mulcarn
Negotiation: 2#13d6t5 3 3

Aeron's and Karmakaze's combined negotiations raise the run's payout to 6000 nuyen per person.

Working on IC post and crossing my fingers nothing comes up to interfere.

I'll have some info for Titans rolls later when I can.
Gilga
Nice that this game is back;)
Gilga
Mulcarn
Before I move on to the next scene, I want to make sure I have the head count right. I have Titan, Jaws, Harbinger and Karmakaze on their way to the first matrix node site. Is that correct?
Gilga
Can we just have Titan seating on the lap of someone ? Exceed capacity from 3 to 4? I doubt you can just take a taxi to CZ.
Bastard
I didnt realize we left yet, and no one else said they needed a ride. Do we only have one car? Maybe we can take that delivery truck before all the ghouls wake up.
Titan
QUOTE (Mulcarn @ Oct 15 2017, 01:48 AM) *
Before I move on to the next scene,

Move on? I would like to go back where Titan had several questions to ask.
Most of which would have been directed at Quantum Princess before she popped a smoke bomb and vanished like a fucking ninja.
The rest of which would have to have been answered by Jaws (not that Titan knew that), before he packed up his pizza and bolted** dragging his little puppy Harbinger with him.

As far as I know it, Titan, Karmakaze***, and Aeron are still sitting at the table. Yes, I know derfmancher hasn't checked in, but until the GM rules otherwise, I always assume the character is still there for the rest of the scene.

Some of those questions include:

1) Vehicles provided by QP, or a vehicle repair fund to be negotiated.
Without that, Titan will be reluctant to use his vehicle.
2) Precise locations of the repeaters, right now we only have a rough idea of each. And will have to find them ourselves.
At least some rendezvous points, to meet up at rather than driving around blind.
3) What can be expected in the CZ.

As for the truck, the ghouls had woken up before Titan entered the pizzeria. I expect that is long gone.

QUOTE (Gilga @ Oct 14 2017, 12:16 AM) *
David packed the remaining of his 20 pizzas and moved them to his Morgan. "Who said they were needing a ride? Two seats in the Morgan."

***EDITed to add: I was mistaken. Karmakaze is outside with Jaws and Harbinger.
Gilga
Well, we can push one more to the car and enjoy cramped conditions and less speed/handling I think.
Not sure about the rest, since it is so early in the run I'd prefer it if the characters that left were not there.
Mulcarn
Sorry for the delay. Had work stuff to take care of. Let me try to answer your questions in order the best I can.

1. Things were going slow and nobody was really saying anything. I had thought that everyone was done questioning QP. That's why I went ahead and had her leave the restaurant.

2. As the GM, and until I find out otherwise, I say that Aeron and the 1-2 other runners are not here and won't be counted as part of the game. They are free to pop in and pick back up where they left off at. It's not there fault for not wanting to come even if they were here. It's mine. Life has been and still is hectic and crazy right now in Texas. Still though, I'm not sure how much of an excuse that is all things considered.

3. There will be no vehicles to be provided for the run or a vehicle repair fund for that matter. If you don't want to use yours then you're free to walk to the upgrade sites.

4. That was intentional. You were only supposed to be given a rough idea of where they we located. Half of this run is meant to test your abilities to improvise on the field. But, no worries. The matrix nodes will give off a faint signal to those nearby. So keep your wits about you. wink.gif

5. All manner of man and beast. Expect roving gangs of bikers to harry and savage you on what remains of the roads. Expect armored lone star cars filled with rent-a-cop pseudo soldiers that have a shoot first, ask questions later policy. Expect small raider bands holding themselves up in ruined buildings or on the sides of the road just waiting to ambush passing wastelanders. Expect packs of devils rats ready to swarm anyone they can find. Expect wild toxic spirits lashing out at anyone who trespasses in their domain. Expect dozens, if not hundreds of sleeping bugs just waiting to woken up by a little magic. Expect the unexpected.

6. The ghouls are traders from Ghoul Town. They were here performing a more humanitarian job by selling pigs they raised on a farm instead of snatching women and children in the CZ to either be eaten or sold off. They got spooked when Harbinger saw them and noticed that they were ghouls in hiding. They wanted to intimidate him into keeping silent. But, you know how that went. Anyway, they have woken up from their stunball/mana barrier nap and have left back for the CZ.
Bastard
Karma doesn't have a shadowrunner hangouts skill, but maybe a sprawl life might work in suggesting a bar or diner that is conducive to planning a shadowrun. Even with that decent roll, she will probably submit to someone else's suggestion first, if you think that skill use is a stretch.
[ Spoiler ]

Mulcarn
Damage Resistance: 11d6t5 4

The first guard is caught unaware of your attack and goes down in one hit.

Time to roll initiative.

Control Tower Guard #2 - Initiative: 7+1d6 12
Control Tower Mage - Initiative: 6+1d6 10
Lesser Air Spirit - Astral Initiative: 6+3d6 16
Lesser Fire Spirit - Astral Initiative: 6+3d6 19
Lesser Man Spirit - Astral Initiative: 6+3d6 17
Gilga
Initiative: 12+1d6 18
Mulcarn
Initiative Order

Harbinger - 25: Stunball Barrage
Karmakaze - 20: Action Pending
Lesser Fire Spirit - 19: Materialize behind Jaws
Jaws - 18: Sniper Shot
Lesser Man Spirit - 17: Uses Fear power on Harbinger
Lesser Air Spirit - 16: Materialize behind Karmakaze
Control Tower Guard - 12: Action Pending Unconscious and bleeding out
Control Tower Mage - 10: Action Pending

I still need an initiative roll from Karmakaze and maybe Titan. (If he shows up that is)

Out of curiosity, why is Harbinger's initiative so high? Did he take some drugs earlier? Increase Reflexes? Also don't forget that there's a BGC of 2 going on as well.
Jack_Spade
He still has the F3 Increase Reflexes going with 6 successes and 6 reagents, since the limit is not force dependent the BGC didn't diminish its effect (maintained with Focused concentration)
Mulcarn
Did you remember to add the -4 penalty to your stunball dice pool? (-2 from BGC and -2 from Astral Perception)
Jack_Spade
Aren't the -2 only for mundane actions? casting an astral spell on the astral shouldn't be penalized.
Mulcarn
Astrally perceiving while trying to accomplish mundane tasks is very distracting; you take a –2 dice pool penalty to actions on the physical plane. While spellcasting and it's like may not be a 'mundane' task you are still suffering from sensory overload from being dual-natured regardless.

Mana spells: When using mana spells, the magician can only affect living things with auras or astrally active entities (such as spirits or foci) even in the physical world. Mana spells can affect targets on either the physical or astral planes, but only if you’re on the same plane as your target(s).

My ruling - Since you're physically casting a spell on a astral target(s) you incur the astral perception penalty.
Jack_Spade
Alright, in that case I'm losing one dice on the last throw (since I already removed three instead of two dice to make the throwing easier) (I'm abusing the rule that special modifiers like specialization and mentor bonus are added after the split instead of before)
[7d6t5=6, 4, 2, 4, 2, 4, 1] 2 [7d6t5=6, 4, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4] 4 [6d6t5=2, 5, 6, 5, 1, 6, 2]
Mulcarn
The guard tower is about 100 meters away from where you all parked. You'll have to get much closer if you want to handle the remaining guards. The spirits are going to bum rush you from the astral and start taking you guys out. Their statblocks will be listed below.

[ Spoiler ]
Jack_Spade
Are the spirits manifested yet? And is the mage visible from the tower, or (what's probably best for his health) in the tower and out of combat.
Mulcarn
No, they still need to spend an action to materialize or to do something else. The mage isn't visible at all and is inside the tower. The other guard is visible and has taken cover.
Jack_Spade
Alright, I'll hold of with my actions until the others have had their chance to do something.
Gilga
Being himself and probably unaware of any spirits - David will just swear that the second guard took cover and would fire at him nevertheless.

Fire second guard: 17d6t5 5

Mulcarn
Control Tower Guard
Full Defense Dodge: 12d6t5 4
Damage Resistance: 11d6t5 3

Guard #2 goes down with 12 boxes of physical damage.
Titan
Looks like it is only Jaws and Harbinger, since I have seen Bastard post in other threads but not Wasteland Blues.

Perhaps if you guys tried to work with the other players, this game wouldn't have ended up like this.
Gilga
Oh please... wink.gif
We could just take on more in the car - I even suggested it.
it is you that wish to take things to absurd... just saying.
Titan
I'm not the one who left the needed character behind, and never even tried to contact him.

Just saying. After all you have a very bad rep Gilga. wink.gif
Gilga
QUOTE (Gilga @ Oct 14 2017, 04:49 PM) *
David said "Great Karma... There are two 'seats' the gunner seats with an assault rifle connected, and there is one next to the driver."

To the rest, he said "Meet you all in the first installation point?

for once - you know exactly 'where we are going'.
Gilga
QUOTE (Gilga @ Oct 15 2017, 09:17 AM) *
Can we just have Titan seating on the lap of someone ? Exceed capacity from 3 to 4? I doubt you can just take a taxi to CZ.

and here is a suggestion to just take you with us.
Mulcarn
The first node is located at Chicago's Midway Airport, about three kilometers inside the CZ. - Can be found on Page 3.

To be perfectly honest and square, I'm not really sure what the problem is. QP told everyone where the nodes are and which one is first and which is second. Her getting up and leaving mid-conversation was a scripted event on my end. She was meant to do that. And she was going to explain at the end of the mission why she did. Most of the fun from Shadowrun comes from the mystery and the not knowing of what's happening or why it's happening for that matter. And as shadowrunners you're expected to roll with the punches and solve the mystery. Like detectives. Like heavily-armed criminal mercenary detectives.

It'd be insanely, stupidly boring if I showed my GM notes before, after and during every mission. I even went out of my way to make sure that this is the most basic and non-challenging shadowrun to exist. (Or one of them anyway nyahnyah.gif ) Again, whats the problem?
Mulcarn
@Bastard - Can I get an initiative roll from you please.
Bastard
Initiative: 20
[ Spoiler ]
Mulcarn
The fire spirit will materialize directly behind Jaws. The air spirit will do the same but for Karmakaze.

The spirit of man will use it's fear power from astral on Harbinger. Defend with Logic + Willpower.

Fear: 6d6t5 2

@Bastard - You can delay your first action while 2 out of the 3 spirits spend their actions to materialize or you can take cover somewhere.
Gilga
Which combat turn are we in?
Mulcarn
First turn, first initiative pass.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012