Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alchemy activating triggers?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shinobi Killfist
I'm preparing to run a game of shadowrun, probably 5e. Whatever I choose I'll be making house rules. One of the things I conceptually like from 5e though mechanically flawed is alchemy. I seem to remember a rule on only being able to activate 1 command trigger per turn but I can't find it. If so it's definitely something I'd like to house rule. Before I write a house rule doc for my game is there some weird limit on activating triggers?

Also any house rule ideas for alchemy. I doubt I'll be using forbidden arcana though I may pull the meta magic and qualities improving alchemy from it.
Medicineman
I remember it to be a simple Action, so 2 Activations are possible ( But only 1 Attac per combat Phase ! )

HokaHey
Medicineman
Sengir
QUOTE (Shinobi Killfist @ Aug 24 2017, 05:14 PM) *
I'm preparing to run a game of shadowrun, probably 5e. Whatever I choose I'll be making house rules. One of the things I conceptually like from 5e though mechanically flawed is alchemy. I seem to remember a rule on only being able to activate 1 command trigger per turn but I can't find it.

IIRC you can only fire one command trigger per Action, to prevent arbitrary numbers of preparations going off at once.
Shinobi Killfist
Apparently what I'm remembering is a side bar in the first magic boom that adds a once per turn limitation out of the blue but phrases it like it's always been that way. At least per somebody on the catalyst boards. I haven't had time to check half my books are still in boxes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012