Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bear Box
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Stingray
Hello u All!! One of my Players want to have large travelling case..after thinking about it, i remember tv- show
100 miles from nowwhere ™ and their Bear Box. Any1 know maker of it or some info of it: Grateful of any info... smile.gif
Mantis
You want info on the show or the boxes?
Here is google on the show.
As for the boxes, they are probably just prop pieces made for the show.
Tanegar
QUOTE (Stingray @ Mar 3 2018, 09:35 AM) *
Hello u All!! One of my Players want to have large travelling case..after thinking about it, i remember tv- show
100 miles from nowwhere ™ and their Bear Box. Any1 know maker of it or some info of it: Grateful of any info... smile.gif

What does he want the traveling case to do? If it's just a fancy suitcase, let him have it. Tell him the cost was part of his lifestyle payment. It only needs stats if it's going to be used in play.
Sengir
Are we talking about an ingame purchase or something to carry gaming materials with? biggrin.gif
Glyph
Luggage (nice) in Run Faster is 500 Nuyen - I would double that price if it is very large-sized, then charge, say, 100 Nuyen per point for armoring it, and the cost of mechanical locks or MagLocks (or both) and a biometric reader, or any other extras.

But that's only if we're talking major, Joe and the Volcano-type, might-be-plot-relevant luggage. Otherwise, like Tanegar said, just give it to him as part of lifestyle (or charge him the base cost of luggage (nice) if lifestyle is Low or worse).
Jaid
from some quick research, i'm not sure if you're all on the same page with this nyahnyah.gif

from what i can tell, the premise of the show is that these guys run for like a day straight through the wilderness and at the end of the day when they get to their destination, there is a box full of extremely high calorie food waiting for them (presumably the box is reasonably bear proof, which would explain why it is called a bear box).

so either fancy luggage is not what the OP is looking for, or the OP probably shouldn't be looking for a bear box nyahnyah.gif

(if a bear box *is* what the OP is looking for, presumably that means we should be looking at the cost to have a secure package dropped off to remote areas where there is nobody there (yet) to receive them. which probably has a lot of variables)
Tanegar
The OP said it's a traveling case.

On top of that, the "box of food" is definitely something I'd handwave. If a player insisted on taking up playtime with this idea, he and I would need to step away from the table for a little chat.
Jaid
QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 8 2018, 05:08 AM) *
The OP said it's a traveling case.

On top of that, the "box of food" is definitely something I'd handwave. If a player insisted on taking up playtime with this idea, he and I would need to step away from the table for a little chat.

well, presuming the OP is only thinking of food in the bear box, yeah.

on the other hand, if they know they're about to do a run in the salish wilderness and would like a few cases of ammunition and weapons delivered to various sets of coordinates in the salish wilderness so that the runner doesn't need to carry it through security in person, i imagine that would be something you wouldn't handwave so readily wink.gif
Tanegar
QUOTE (Jaid @ Mar 8 2018, 11:57 PM) *
well, presuming the OP is only thinking of food in the bear box, yeah.

on the other hand, if they know they're about to do a run in the salish wilderness and would like a few cases of ammunition and weapons delivered to various sets of coordinates in the salish wilderness so that the runner doesn't need to carry it through security in person, i imagine that would be something you wouldn't handwave so readily wink.gif

Ammo and weapons, sure. I'm always happy to roleplay good legwork. But there are no rules for starvation, because it frankly isn't interesting. You want to have a box of food delivered out in the woods? Deduct 1,000 nuyen. You just hired somebody to do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012